**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Majella I hope you're alright about your OH going back to work, it's one of those things that has to happen eventually. Do you have anyone else that can help out in the meantime if you need a wee hand?

Yeah I have my mum next door, but I can't boss her around as good as I can Danny! Lol
Went shopping today with mum & she ordered an outfit for the christening that we can pick up on Tuesday so that will be a run out on Tuesday again so I just need to find something to do on mon & wed. Wish I cud drive again I cud go & see my cousin & her new baby. I asked the midwife when I cud drive again & she said six weeks but I have to check with my insurance company to make sure I'm covered to drive after surgery. :shrug:
Going to check with them on Monday.

Nothing today, been out walking, shopping, out in car loads over bumpy country roads, and nothing as of so far.

Beetroot has been quieter today also.

You won't know yourself once you're properly out and about again, Majella. I have to say that for me, my recovery from Nai's (first-born) c-section was well under way by the time she was 4 weeks and I felt more or less able to do everything as normal. Everyone is different though - you'll get there before you know it :) Just take all the time you feel you need, and make sure you look after that scar.

Wyntir, baby being quiet could mean you're edging even closer. It's the calm before the storm, so to speak, lol. I really do hope things start for you this weekend, especially with all the effort you've put in today!

It's really just hit me that in all likelihood, I'll be home with my baby boy within a few weeks unless he decides to take after his daddy and arrive late. Going past 38 weeks would be a new experience for me, and I can't help wondering if that's what's going to happen this time. I know it's unlikely given the premature labour and all the signs (still having LOTS of tightenings, especially today) but I'm so tired of everyone banging on about him coming early, I'm half willing/daring him to stay put til my due date!

How do I feel about what exactly? The general idea or the fact that FOB said it was alright? He's pretty reasonable and thought it was quite nice that I asked him first.

Beautiful day in NI :)! Glad your DH is back Lucy, I'm sure that'll bring a very welcome break! Will you next being going back with him to move together or does he have to go back first?

How is it going Wyntir? Changes in the tightenings?

oh right I thought he just came out with it, I didn't realise you had actually asked him! In that case, it's great! :thumbup: What will Silas call FOB?

Matthew I suppose, yeah if he'd have come out with that I'd have been like :shock:, thought he was totally uninvolving himself! It is weird though, I can't get used to it so it maybe best just to let it happen when it happens rather than forcing it. With another baba I'd say it would become more natrual, think we both feel a bit guilty about it ikywim? It's a big thing.

Wyntir you remind me of the week before my induction, I would get these rock-hard tightenings all evening then nothing all day and walk about etc. When I went in the trace recorded my tightenings and they seemed to think they should've been hurting more, like actual contractions. Nope!

Majella is this Ellen's Christening? :D

it is a big thing! that is so awesome that he is on board, and really when it comes down to it it doesn't matter who Silas calls daddy or matthew or kevin, he's got 2 great men in his life who adore him :hugs: and you're right, it's going to happen naturally anyway!

You won't know yourself once you're properly out and about again, Majella. I have to say that for me, my recovery from Nai's (first-born) c-section was well under way by the time she was 4 weeks and I felt more or less able to do everything as normal. Everyone is different though - you'll get there before you know it :) Just take all the time you feel you need, and make sure you look after that scar.

Ellen is three weeks today & I do feel like I cud drive again, however sods law that something would happen & then you either find out your not insured or worst still, your bloody wound opens or something gross like that!!! :sick:

Majella is this Ellen's Christening? :D

No Emma we have nothing booked yet as my fucking stupid sister has not been to see Ellen yet & I have to give her first refusal to be her godmother. I don't really want to do it over the fone but if she doesn't come over today I'm going to have to cos I don't want to leave it much longer. I did want her christened before Easter but looks like that's not going to happen now. :growlmad::growlmad:

Hope you girls are right.

Last night I had backache and thought for a min this could be it, but no it vanished quite quickly and ever since I have had nothing. I'm so fed up with people asking me and texting/ringing to ask if any change. Do they not think we would let them know? :dohh:](*,)

With all this lovely weather, we are having a bbq later at mum's house. Looking forward to all the yummy food :thumbup:

Enjoy the weather girls

Hope you girls are right.

Last night I had backache and thought for a min this could be it, but no it vanished quite quickly and ever since I have had nothing. I'm so fed up with people asking me and texting/ringing to ask if any change. Do they not think we would let them know? :dohh:](*,)

With all this lovely weather, we are having a bbq later at mum's house. Looking forward to all the yummy food :thumbup:

Enjoy the weather girls

Wyntir, your doing all the right things. As my labour kept stopping & starting, all the midwives said to keep upright & mobile to keep things progressing!! I know wot you mean about the ringing/texting thing it's so fucking annoying. I was determined that I wasn't having a leap year baby but people kept saying oh you mite go early & I was like I don't want to go early I want to wait til at least march.
Even now there's a girl I work with & she texts every f-ing day to see how the baby's doing & how did it sleep. I don't even reply to her texts anymore & she still texts everyday!!! :growlmad:

Majella, that'd do my tits in too, I'd probably block her bloody number lol!

Hope you enjoy the barbeque Wyntir, definitely best to keep busy and keep your mind off it all.

I'm starting to feel bored senseless myself - 35 weeks today, and I know we're officially into April by the end of next week but it occurred to me I could still be pregnant by then!

Need to think of things to do at the weekend besides sitting on my arse with the laptop. The kids are always away at their dads, so I've got plenty of freedom, just no idea what to do with it!

Gonna have a late lunch now and then get stuck into some housework.

Emy, he's away again... and on his birthday! He'll be back in a fortnight, and that'll be it, home for best part of a week to pack up, and we'll be going with him :happydance:
Had our leaving party last night - great fun, but I'm wrecked today and I wasn't even drinking. We did cocktails, but made them in advance and bottled them up in drink sized bottles - was very cool - 8 different cocktails to choose from, worked really well!
Majella, your GP can sign you off as OK to drive I think, but check with your insurance company - my friend had to jump up and down without any pain to simulate braking for an emergency stop!
We've spent the whole day outside today nearly, and I'm shattered from it - so lovely outside though, it's been bliss!

Hi Ladies! So i've been slacking on BnB again :( sorry!! I've been trying to get prepared! I'm busy trying to sell my car which is failing miserably at the moment and i have no idea why! I have finally got my nursery all done though so now its just the upstairs room to finish :)

How are we all feeling? I have 2 weeks left now! xx

emma, where are you trying to sell it? I advertised ours in nicarfinder, ulstertrader, utvdrive and gumtree. The only one I had to pay for was nicarfinder, the others were free - and more effective I think! Was sold in less than two weeks. Are you getting people to look at it, but not wanting to buy? Or just no-one getting in touch?

Been having a few somethings tonight, I don't wanna call them pains cos they aren't really that painful, more like a lot of pressure and really uncomfortable. Plus low back pain at the same time.

But then I'm wondering, is it the start of contractions or trapped wind? Because I feel quite gassy at the same time:blush:

They are lasting anything between 15 - 30 or so seconds, and maybe about every 20 or so mins.

Holywoodmum - haven't tried ulstertrader! Got it on gumtree, nicarfinder, utv drive and usedcarsni but only had one person get in touch! :(

Wyntir - as a first time mum i have no idea but i am hoping for you :D hehe xxx

Woah Majella, I hope your sister comes round soon :s! And that your crazy work person stops texting. My Mum used to get it at work because we worked in the same place so people constantly asked about me and there was just nothing new ya'know? Guessing this lady doesn't have kids but wants them lots.

Lucy - Brilliant that the going backwards and forwards is coming to an end. Will be easy enough to countdown to the big move and being together as a family soon :thumbup:. Do you know how long you intend to be out there or is it sort of take it as it comes?

Come on Wyntir! :happydance:

Haven't been on for ages! Time is flying. Well a trouble free pregnancy came back to bite me- waiting for liver function blood test results as got really itchy rash, but I think it might be PUPPP. Its on both thighs and a little on calves and it is driving me nuts!!!!!:wacko:

Been having a few somethings tonight, I don't wanna call them pains cos they aren't really that painful, more like a lot of pressure and really uncomfortable. Plus low back pain at the same time.

But then I'm wondering, is it the start of contractions or trapped wind? Because I feel quite gassy at the same time:blush:

They are lasting anything between 15 - 30 or so seconds, and maybe about every 20 or so mins.

Sounds good!

Holywoodmum - haven't tried ulstertrader! Got it on gumtree, nicarfinder, utv drive and usedcarsni but only had one person get in touch! :(

Well, ulstertrader is free, so worth a shot. Have you got good pics and everything? Seems odd that only one person would get in touch :(

Lucy - Brilliant that the going backwards and forwards is coming to an end. Will be easy enough to countdown to the big move and being together as a family soon :thumbup:. Do you know how long you intend to be out there or is it sort of take it as it comes?

It's a permanent job, so in theory we're there forever, or until DH gets itchy feet again... I have a 3 and a bit year career break from school which can be extended to 5 years, but it's more a comfort/security thing rather than being likely I'll come back to it...

Can't believe I'm 17 weeks today ;) Also can't believe how lush the weather is! I'm doing a quick bit of housing research for when we move, waiting (hoping?) for B to fall asleep, then I'm outside to soak up some sun :)

Holywoodmum - yea i have really nice pics taken in the sun and all! :( its so annoying! I've put it on ulstertrader now! Fingers crossed! Cant afford to run 2 cars with a baby lol

I think my baby has engaged now... i get a crazy amount of pressure, painful to sit sometimes and everything feels so heavy and its hard to walk far! :D Come on baby!

xxx

Oooh Wyntir, is it possible you're either in labour or sitting up with baby right now? Exciting stuff...hope all is well.

Sharon, I'm new, but I hope your results come back with positive news - and if not, that it's something easily dealt with.

Hello to everyone else, more gorgeous weather!

My consultant's appt went VERY well - baby is now well over 5 and a half pounds and ready to go. She said if I go into labour again, they wouldn't be too concerned as everything looks just perfect...and it's a good job, because this morning I had a hellish dose of the runs AND lost my plug all in one piece, so things are definitely moving along. I actually thought I'd been losing it in bits, but was very wrong - it was just extreme increased discharge, lol.

I was quite shocked to see it, but it explains all the pain I had last night - horrendous contraction-like pains all in my back. It tailed off, but came back a few times while I was asleep and was painful enough to wake me.

Having tons of increased pressure today, lots more aches/pains and just feeling that things definitely aren't far away...either that, or nature has decided to be very cruel to me for the final weeks of my pregnancy, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->