**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

That's disgraceful and unacceptable. I'm so glad that when these things do happen, there are people like you who will not be bullied, will stand up and give a voice to so many suffering the same abuse from the system.

I couldn't really believe what I was reading, honestly. Kev was here asking me questions about something and I had to ask him to let me finish reading, just totally unbelievable. You're one tough cookie and my hat goes off to you x

Let us know how things progress, as if there isn't enough to think about when you're FULL TERM pregnant!

Thankyou girls :) I honestly wouldn't even have blamed you if you'd read it and thought, 'Yeah right!'

In other news, I'm going to very quietly and discreetly say that I hope I'm wrong (cos of chicken pox) but I think I'm possibly going into labour...not putting up a 'this is it' thread just yet but let's just say I've got my sister coming out to the house as a precaution for the kids and if things keep up, I'll be getting Gary home from work and heading to Craigavon.

Was having hourly tightenings all day which now appear to have switched to some rather strong period pain radiating from my back into my bump and down into my hips. Have also had the runs all day. My back feels like it's been trampled by a herd of elephants, lol, nothing will shift the backache whatsoever.

I'm off to the bath shortly to see if it helps by either stopping it all or encouraging it - I'll let you know what happens :)

omg Eshka, that is absolutely fucking disgraceful. I don't even know what to say, except GOOD FOR YOU. What abhorrent treatment :nope:

And if this IS it for you, good luuuuck!

Pains are now every ten mins girls, my sister is here for the kids and OH is due home from work pretty soon.

Provided they keep getting closer and stronger, I'll be hospital bound tonight!

good luck eshka! will be thinking of you!! when i get up tomorrow you may have had your little one!!! :hugs:

Very best of luck Eshka! And good for you for standing up to the hv & ss! So f**king typical there harassing decent people when children out there are being abused night & day & nothing is done!!! :growlmad:

Update from me!

We did go to hospital as my contractions reached 3 mins apart after I had a bath, kept coming thick and fast, getting more and more painful and I thought, 'Bet I get down there and this has done nothing to my cervix or it all stops.'

Got down there, was 2cm dilated but still a little long. Early days. Super-fecking early days!! :( So much so that the doctor sent me home to wait it out here, saying something about not feeling that my contractions were strong enough yet and 'maybe they're Braxton Hicks' (BH hitting past 50 odd on the CTG, with PAIN????), I said 'Scuse me but they're a bit bloody painful for BH' and he shrugged and said, 'Well obviously I wouldn't know, I'm a man, this is your third baby...'

God I wanted to punch him. I knew the contractions were mild and prob just very early ones, but for him to say that pissed me right off. Midwife was much much nicer, had a chat before we left and told me to come home, have painkillers and see how long I can handle the pain here. She had no doubt that it has started, my cervix is favourable but admitted it could take some time yet and could also tail off then pick up again.

Came home and had painkillers, managed to sleep a little while there (so glad) and now I'm up with period pain and mild tightening...grrr. This is all brand new to me, I didn't know this sort of taking-fecking-ages crap could happen :(

Eshka sounds like they are giving you a really rough time! Don't let them think youv done something wrong big hugs

Ohhhh how are you feeling, men are so inconsiderate! Altho glad you got to see the MW before you left sounds like she give you peace of mind explaining what's happening, good luck!!!!

X

Oh eshka that baby really likes to make things difficult for you.

This morning I woke to having pins and needles in the fingertips of my right hand. Hoping they go soon

That man needs a slap, so disrespectful :nope:.

Hope you don't have one of these slow labours, hoping to hear an update later today to hear things are going properly x :hugs:

Wyntir are you still having the pins and needles? Prob worth mentioning to the HV/MW just in case, chick.

No change with me girls. Very mild tightenings, a bit uncomfortable...that's it really. I'm just contenting myself with the fact that at *least* my cervix has been doing something - it'd have been so much worse to be told that it was still 'firm and closed' and it's not like it's going to shrink back from 2cm and close up again lol.

Just pottering around, drinking RLT, and waiting for Mr Postman cos he should be bringing me some nice things today.

Congratulations Wyntir

Well rash update! It is still going strong, picture is from several days ago and it is now worse! Heading for my THIRD GP appointment, finally getting to see one of the senior ones, last time I got a locum who was a paedictrician!!!!

Getting me so down, with lack of sleep and lack of relief.

Attachments

• IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3
Holy shit Sharon, that's horrendous! Hope you get sone answers today...

Come on baby eshka!

11 days and I won't be an NI mummy any more... Can I still hang out here?

Woah Sharon that's looks horrible? Is it really as sore as it looks? :nope: You poor thing :(

eshka- what A DICK. and i know it was a sarcastic comment, but he was right- he IS a man and this IS your 3rd baby, so yeah, you know more! :dohh: hope things start moving soon!

sharon- dear god woman!! hope u get sorted!!!

lucy- of course u can :hugs:

Both senior GPs came for a look at the freak, and best they can come up with is an allergic reaction, so gave me 2 weeks worth of antihistamines and another appointment on Wednesday! If the pills relieve the itch even by 50% I will be extremely happy.

hope it works sharon! i had a rash when i was pregnant with poppy, it was on my legs and peeled, looked like sunburn, but it was patches here and there, nothing as bad as yours!! :hugs:

hello all, been absolutley ages since Ive posted... but just wanted to let uz know that I had my baby boy back on the 14th Feb (valentines day!!). I was actually scheduled for an elective caesarean on the 2nd of March but I went into labour at 36 + 4 weeks!! went into hospital 2 days before as I was having contractions but because I wasnt progressing they sent me home but I landed back in with them a couple hours later and I was 4 cm dilated so they performed the caesarean. We called him Nathan, he was 6 pounds 5 :cloud9: .There were a few hairy moments with him ending up in the special care unit as he stopped feeding and was pretty unresponsive, but they were great and a day later I had him back on the ward , he had to have a bit of 'sunbed ' treatment for jaundice and then we were able to go home, so after I had him we were in another 5 days. so thats the craic : ) hes 8 pound 13 now and Im still breastfeeding for now, hes a wee dote and has red hair which we cant get over as Im blond and my partner is dark haired, we're laughing now though as we have it all covered now, a dark haired , blond and now red head child Lol... will be interesting to see if it stays that colour. Anyways hope all is well with the rest of use and good luck to all those still awaiting their wee bundles : ) :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->