Calling all symptom spotters!

Individual temps really don't mean anything. If many are low, then it means that your progesterone level is low. From my experience, it looks like it could be a fallback temp, one when a surge of estrogen causes 1 or 2 temps to fall shortly after O. As long as it goes back up, then it is ok. Remember that there are many things that can cause your bbt to be inaccurate (including number of blankets, mouth breathing, environment temps) all of these can lower the temp in your mouth. Thats why it is more accurate to temp below, though I don't. I just trained myself to sleep with my mouth closed (it also helps with reducing snoring) and piled on the blankets because I'm always so cold. Before I did this, my temps were a little bit more erratic. Hope this helps. GL and lots of :dust:

Now that you say that, last night was the first night in a long time I remembered to wear my retainer, and I bet I did sleep with my mouth open! Thanks so much! That makes me feel alot better :blush:

Ok ladies, I was searching for how pregnancy tests work, the science and if it can be replicated at home. Anyway, I found this site about Homemade tests. It gave me a real laugh and I thought y'all may need one too!

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/f.../40853793.aspx

Hey everyone! I'm back as well! Have any of you used ovulation kits? Im considering trying one next month. All the numbers are different on all the charts I have for when I should ovulate, but I had major cramps on the 31st, so I'm hoping that was it. But I feel like my cm hasn't really given me too many clues to help. Tell me what you guys think...
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/40cb48

Stitch, can I ask why you discarded two temps on 22nd and 23rd and then on the 4th? It's quite possible that you could have ovulated as early as 21st, and the dip and slow rise could be implantation as it happens 5 days after the 21st. I had a slowish rise after implantation :)
OR FF could have predicted right and you ovulated on 31st. Either way, I hope those temps stay raised for you :D

Thanks Emma! How are you doing? How's little bean?

I haven't had any real symptoms today but work's kept me too busy to symptom spot, which is actually a relief.

Shopaholic-you are probably just adjusting to getting off bc. :/. Some people don't get af for a few months after stopping it. Hopefully it's a bfp though!

Stitch-I'd say either the 27th-28th or the 31st for ovulation. FX for you!

We're good thanks Ashley!
I'm starting to realise all the symptoms people failed to mention haha! I look 10 MONTHS not 10 weeks haha!
Also, the 12ww is so much harder than the 2ww, just a heads up! I'm so anxious, I'm ready to pee my pants at the drop of a hat haha!!
Sending you lots of :dust:

Oh well ladies, I'm pretty sure I'm out this cycle. I started spotting this morning and I have cramps bad enough to not leave bed. On to next cycle! GL to all who AF hasn't gotten this cycle. :dust: to all!

I'm pretty sure I'm out as well. Started spotting yesterday afternoon on and off. Oh well, on to cycle 7! Baby dust to everyone!

Hey everyone! I'm back as well! Have any of you used ovulation kits? Im considering trying one next month. All the numbers are different on all the charts I have for when I should ovulate, but I had major cramps on the 31st, so I'm hoping that was it. But I feel like my cm hasn't really given me too many clues to help. Tell me what you guys think...
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/40cb48

Stitch, can I ask why you discarded two temps on 22nd and 23rd and then on the 4th? It's quite possible that you could have ovulated as early as 21st, and the dip and slow rise could be implantation as it happens 5 days after the 21st. I had a slowish rise after implantation :)
OR FF could have predicted right and you ovulated on 31st. Either way, I hope those temps stay raised for you :D

Hey Mama! I've missed seeing you on here! I was just kinda playing around like looking for a significant pattern on my chart. I dropped the temp on cd27 because that night, I wore my retained for the first time in months, and I know I sleep with my mouth open. Half the time, I find the retainer under the sheets at the foot of the bed. So I know that one was not accurate. You had a slow rise too? That makes me hopeful!

I'm hoping whenever I O'd, I timed the BD close enough to catch that sneaky little egg!

I was right, its not just spotting now. :cry: I'm having a hard time looking at the positive through the pain. The cramps are so bad that I feel the pain down to my knees and up to my ribs and RX pain pills are only helping marginally....

GL to all those who haven't been caught by the :witch:

Yea I'm definitely out this month too. Even though it was a week and a half early and completely strange I guess it turned out to be AF. It wasn't heavy at all like normal. most of the time I just used panty liners but it lasted long enough to be AF. I was so disappointed but on the bright side I saved some of my sanity by not being able to symptom spot and saved money from not being able to take 10 pregnancy tests haha. In fact I've decided that's how every woman's cycle should be. She should ovulate then if she isn't pregnant AF should come a few days later instead of two weeks haha. That saves time, sanity, and money. If only things were that quick. Instead every woman trying gets to wait for two weeks to find out if she is prego and drive herself crazy during those two weeks.

I've decided I'm going to buy a new Basal thermometer. Mine is the CVS brand and I'm not sure if it is accurate. It takes forever to take my temp and is such a pain. Back when I was taking temps (which didn't last long) I would fall back to sleep before it even went off. It seriously takes at least 4 minutes even though it says it only takes 1 minute. Sometimes it takes much longer. I figure if mine isn't such a pain I can try temping again. I'll just have to try and figure out the best time for me to take it since my sleep schedule is so erratic.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on AF. Hopefully you all get :bfp:s! :dust::dust:

Are you sure it's not implantation bleeding? I've heard having a weird/light period could also be a sign. You might want to use at least one of those tests just to be sure... FX!

Are you sure it's not implantation bleeding? I've heard having a weird/light period could also be a sign. You might want to use at least one of those tests just to be sure... FX!

Yea I'm almost positive. I think I'm going to test on the day that my period was supposed to start just to be sure. At first thats what I really thought it was because for the first several days it was just spotting and brown then it got a little bit more red but was only bright red for one day. Idk, like I said it was really strange. I took a test yesterday but then realized that I still wasn't supposed to get AF until Friday so it was too early anyways. Hopefully when I do test it comes back positive but I doubt it. I'll let you all know though!

Are you already out this month? Good Luck either way!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I... don't know if I'm out yet. I was convinced I was, as I started spotting red/pink Saturday evening, which I thought was weird cause af isn't due til tomorrow. It never got heavy at all, in fact usually I had to go searching for it... but I thought for sure af was coming. Today it's mostly gone and what's left is brown. I'm sure af is just teasing me and will be here any minute now... trying soooo hard not to get my hopes up.

Smashley have you tested again?! I deffo see a line there, and that's exactly what my bfp looked like on 10dpo!!
OMG so excited for you!
xxx

Ps Can't blame it on line eye for me - I haven't stared at a test for weeks!! Eeek! Excited! Go test again!! :D :D :dust:

I think the test was a combination of faulty and a really good glare line from the camera, as all the others I took were very much negative and af arrived today. :(. Oh well, onto month 7!

It's okay, maybe next time. I'm actually not upset about it anymore. Love your baby names by the way! Do you have a hunch about boy or girl?

I'm leaning toward being out too... I'm only 8dpo but I haven't had any real symptoms. I was a little nauseous the other day, but I think it was from taking my prenatal on an empty tummy. :nope:

Awh :( I'm sure it will happen soon enough hun <3 :hugs:
And I had a gut feeling it's a her - I even refer to bean as a her without thinking - but I quite like the idea of a little boy first. I guess it's the typical 'I don't mind as long as it's healthy'. lol.

And stitch, don't get disheartened yet, it's still pretty early hun <3 :hugs:

Well my temp dropped today to just above coverline... I'm guessing the witch is preparing to make a landing. But my fingers are still crossed that my temp drop could be due to a severe sore throat. But no IB or big symptoms yet. :nope: Onto cycle 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->