Calling all vegans!

Ohh might have to get some. Where can you buy it from? I didnt feel too well after that cheezly but Erin didnt seem to mind it :haha: I suppose she has nothing to compare to so she eats anything that lands in her high chair :p

I buy it in health food shops, Holland and Barrett doesn't stock it :(

My current diet =
No beef (don't like it)
No pork (again I don't like it, only bacon haha which I have a couple of times per week)
No turkey (don't like it)
No fish (don't like it)
No seafood (I really only like shrimp and OH hates it)
No eggs (except for cooked into things; I don't like them either)
No milk (Only cooked into things; I could only tolerate the taste of skim but OH & LO drink 1%, which is like cream to me... now that I rarely ever drink milk, I find it tastes gross)
No ice cream (not that I don't like it, I just don't ever feel like having a bowl of ice cream really, so there's no sense in buying it, and if I don't buy it then I don't eat it lol)
No yogurt (I do like vanilla yogurt but only maybe once every few months, it's like ice cream I never really feel like having a yogurt)
No lunchmeats (I'm just not a sandwich-y girl)

Chicken... It's not that I don't like it, but I had food poisoning after it about a year ago and I'm still put off it, I don't like to prepare it even for my family because I'm worried about getting/giving them food poisoning. It's also expensive here for boneless/skinless chicken breast so I prefer to buy them other meats, they prefer them anyway

Frozen yogurt, I really love it but only from Yogen Fruz so I rarely get it, maybe once every 6 months.

So I basically still have cheese, ricotta, bacon, sour cream, margarine, mayonaise in my diet. Things that are bad for you :rofl:

We eat lots of beans, the Yves hotdogs & veggie ground, I really like the texture of tofu and enjoy eating it I just don't really know what to do with it beyond stir fry etc.

You can get vegan margarine and mayonnaise. The mayo i get from holland and barrett has a bit or garlic in it and is beyond delicious! You can also get fake bacon. However any quorn products have milk in them so are not suitable for vegans. I haven't found any vegan sour cream yet but i have found vegan cream cheese (OM NOM NOM) and i don't eat ricotta so i really don't know much about that. However i am sure you could substitute all the ingredients with vegan ones :D

Hope this helps a bit

This is the brand I buy for my hotdogs & veggie ground round:

https://www.yvesveggie.com

I've searched through the ingredients on their site and on the packaging and they seem to be vegan-friendly? And they now have a vegan claim on the packaging (not sure if they used to, I only just realized it)

This is the cheese I have had:
https://www.galaxyfoods.com/galaxy-products/soy-cheese/vegan/vegan-blocks/

Unfortunately I find it tastes like Velveeta when you are eating it and has a strong aftertaste of broccoli?? lol.

The only vegan cheese I like is the tofutti better than cream cheese.

I really want some now :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->