Calling all Watermelon's

I also have a scan this Thursday- we already know the gender, but it will confirm it...
Ive started cleaning out the room and working on the baby's room...We plan to do it little by little but hopefully before the third trimester blahness!!!

20 weeks today!! What a milestone can't believe I got here after 2 miscarriages! At 39 I was starting to think it was a sign I am too old!!

From today if in my area if I have any problems I go to labour and delivery not just the early pregnancy unit and gynae department. I know this is silly but it means a lot!
A cantaloupe and only 3 more sleeps til scan!

20 weeks today!! What a milestone can't believe I got here after 2 miscarriages! At 39 I was starting to think it was a sign I am too old!!

From today if in my area if I have any problems I go to labour and delivery not just the early pregnancy unit and gynae department. I know this is silly but it means a lot!
A cantaloupe and only 3 more sleeps til scan!

Yeahhhh to us....to 20 weeks! Another milestone completed. I have my scan in just over an hr. Oooohhh...can't wait!

It has felt like an age getting here though.

Oh good luck sharan!!!!!! I can't remember if you know what you are having or is today the day?? What is your gut feeling??

Oh good luck sharan!

I woke up thinking it was wednesday today which would have meant scan tomorrow.... but its tuesday :(

Im being an adult and sorting out my pension today lol. Gotta think about these things now. Anyone else worried about how we're going to send our kids to uni (if they want that), or help them with a house deposit etc? Im so worried its making me think I only want one child! Ive always wanted two. Hmmmmm.... lets see how labour is first lol.

Hey ladies!

I had my scan this morning and found out I'm on team blue again. I must admit I was gutted when the sonographer said 'I'll be able to recycle the old baby clothes again'. But the disappointment was short lived and I was happy to know that he is growing well and is actually measuring 20+3 weeks.

I was absolutely convinced that this was a pink bump especially as all my early symptoms were a lot more intense than last time. But oh well..looks my instinct was wrong!

Oh good luck sharan!

I woke up thinking it was wednesday today which would have meant scan tomorrow.... but its tuesday :(

Im being an adult and sorting out my pension today lol. Gotta think about these things now. Anyone else worried about how we're going to send our kids to uni (if they want that), or help them with a house deposit etc? Im so worried its making me think I only want one child! Ive always wanted two. Hmmmmm.... lets see how labour is first lol.

With the police you can join the Police Mutual. You can then opt to save a certain amount every month straight from your salary for 10yrs. At the end of which you are guaranteed a return. It is all tax free and you can open one every 12 months.

I have 3 running now saving £30 a month in each. So from 2019 - 2022 I should receive a nice lump sum for the amount I've saved. This should pay for any major holidays like Disneyworld and go somewhat towards uni fees and hopefully towards a house deposit for them. That's the plan anyhow!

Congrats on the team :blue: hun. Ive been logging on every hour to see if you had updated lol.

Awww...thanQ Nicki. I'll post a scan pic a lil later on when I'm on the iPad.

Thankfully I've kept all my DS' baby clothes upto 9 months so I can reuse a lot of those.

Sharan - congratulations on 20 weeks and on your little boy!

Nickibrum - I'm terrified of how much college is going to cost. I feel like no matter how much we save, we'll still be way short! Life is so expensive!

toothfairy29 - Congrats on 20 weeks!! I'm considering myself already halfway there. :) I'm 99% sure I'm not going to make it to December 8th. I think she'll be born the end of November and I'm terrified that she's going to be a 10 lb baby like my husband and rest of his family. lol

Update - cramping is FINALLY gone for the most part and once again I don't feel pregnant since my bump shrank... again. I can't stop smiling today for some reason though! :)

Sharan - so sorry to hear about your friends baby :cry: so sad.

I know how you feel about being the same team again too - I was adamant this was a boy, symptoms were so different etc etc. obviously I'm over the moon, I just can't wait to see them grow up together now & how close they'll become :)

Tooth fairy - happy 20 weeks!

SHARAN!

congratulations!!! I am convinced I am having a boy so who knows now? maybe my instincts will be wrong too. I will be truly shocked if its a girl. Really pleased that it is happy and healthy in there for you x x x x

Sharan congrats on baby boy and toothfairy congrats on 20 weeks. I will be 20 weeks on Thurs and then my scan is on friday. Fx'd baby is healthy. I'm not even too excited about finding out the sex because I'm so worried about whether he or she is growing. Not feeling too much movement yesterday and today. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

Nicki thinking about college already? wow. I'm not too worried about it. I saved up enough money to put a down payment on my house in just over 6 years so with a new baby- maybe it'll take me double, I don't know, but DH's pay is enough to live on so if I got a job again I'm sure we could do it no problem. As for giving them money for a house I'll just teach them what my parents taught me and they'll have their own saved. I'm sure I'll give them a little if we have it. I'm just not worrying on it. It'll be fine.

My digestive system is NOT happy. I'm constipated for the first time really. Maybe second. I'm not at all comfortable. Other than that I'm still feeling not pregnant. Hope everything is ok.

Hope everybody here is doing well.

haha- yeah im thinking about college/weddings etc already. I didnt get any help off my parents for our house. Im 27 and it took 3 years to save our deposit. What scares me is my parents bought their first house £19K 30 years ago with 5% deposit I think. Our house which we purchased this year was £185k with a 10% deposit. I dread to think what house prices will be like when my child is old enough especially when it seems banks want 20%+ deposits now.

As much as I love my child already I do think that by the time their early 20s they should be looking to move out of home and become more independant. Or even a "gift contribution" to their wedding when the time comes. I know much much i struggled and while I have learnt so much from it, i wish I could help my child as I never had that.

Oh good luck sharan!

Aww, only 2 more sleeps to go, though hun! For me, If I stay working at the university, my children can go here or any other university in the exchange program for free. Although I don't know about working the same place for 22 more years...geesh!

Sharan! Congrats and welcome to team :blue: Glad to know bubs is doing great, even though I understand the feeling about wanting a girl.

Ooh maybe I'll get a job at the community college when I go looking for a new one. That way the same will happen the kids can go tuition free. Worth thinking about!

Nicki our parents only helped us really minimally as they just didn't have it. The gave us a small bit for the wedding but otherwise I basically worked to pay for it myself. DH didn't really contribute to the downpayment on the house or the wedding either as he was paying off his truck and some student loans. I bought the house and paid for the wedding all by the time I was 23.(20% on 100,000 house{lucky we found this house at this price really} took me 6 years to save and the wedding was 12,000) I saved my money my entire life. My parents used to (and this sounds harsh but I am thankful for it now) guilt me when I spent my money unnecessarily. I still to this day feel guilty buying anything for myself that I don't absolutey need. But I'm very good with my money now and and I have a beautiful house to show for it. I hope my children can look at money the way I did and be careful with their spending. Though I'll try not to guilt them, lol. I wouldn't worry though Nicki- I'm sure your kids will be smart and make due. You have at least 18 years to save and I'm sure you'll have plenty by then. I have to say until now I haden't thought about it. I'm not going to worry about it though and you shouldn't either. You will be just fine! At least you waited until you had stability before having a child. Think how much further ahead you are then women who don't have good jobs or homes or steady OH's/DH's.

Congrats on team :blue: Sharan! And good news that all is well with baby!

My scan isn't until Monday but I'm soooo excited for all of you that have scans this week!:hugs:

And here's my 2nd little Prince x

https://i.imgur.com/RrFAb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"