Calling all Watermelon's

Hey ladies!

How is everyone doing today? I'm at work today...boohoo! But then on my 4 days rest days so not all bad.

My bump changes everyday. Some days I look huge other days just a little on the podgy size :s I think it varies depending on how Beanie is laying at the time and also what you have eaten. My bump is also slightly deviating to the right. It was the same in my last pregnancy!

Oh and 3 more sleeps until my 20 week scan and finding out what colour Beanie I have.

I had severe cramping that started around lunchtime yesterday. It got so bad that my dr told me to go to the ER early this morning. Everything is ok and the baby is measuring 19+3. I may have passed a kidney stone and may have a uti (no exterior uti symptoms, just bad constant period cramping/back pain). On antibiotics now and still very crampy blah.

The one good thing about yesterday... I was in so much pain on lying on my left side on the phone with my OB when I felt a pop on my hand. I grabbed my husbands hand and put it on my stomach and sure enough, he felt 2 strong pops. I hasn't happened since but it made me feel like she was letting me know she's ok.

Oh dear Sigh, hope your feeling better soon! Uti's are no fun at all!
Aww cute that your husband got to feel baby, im sure our little bump is just playing up for daddy as everytime I grab his hand and put it on me baby stops kicking...little tinker! x

Thanks JessdueJan. It was/is scary. I'm still cramping pretty badly but it's getting better. They said it could be due to round ligaments, or because of some fibroids I have, or because my one kidney is a little swollen. I'm worried because they wouldn't give me straight answers - they just said take these antibiotics and maybe it will help. It's good to know that the baby is ok though. I've had bad cramps before but they usually last a few hours max... I've been cramping nonstop since Fri! Hope it goes away soon.

The bump has also rebloated again, but I lost 2 lbs... weird!

Hope everyone else is doing well and had a better weekend than I did!

Hey sigh, shame about the UTI and cramping. Not nice at the best of times anyway.

I had a none stop weekend of seeing family and tidying the house ready for our "gender reveal party". Sounds more exciting than it actually is. Im having my parents, in laws and sisters over to tell them in person if we're having a boy/girl. Got a small cake being made too- where you slice into it and the colour of the sponge will indictate its itf team pink or blue.

Im absolutely shattered, its miserable and dark outside. Could do with another day off..... however it is our scan on Thursday!!

Who else is having theirs this week? Anyone worried? Or just plain excited like me??? lol xx

Awww....the cake idea is awesome! I'll only be telling close family and friend members the bump colour. Unfortunately I have some judgemental people in my extended family who wouldn't say anything to my face but will behind my back. Disgustingly they are still of the mindset that boys are better than girls! So to them I am team yellow until the birth.

On a more positive note though, I'm halfway through tomorrow Yeaaaahhh!!!!! And also I have my anomaly scan at 10am...I can't wait! I'm on rest days until Thursday so defo will be going clothes shopping as soon as I find out.

We have our scan Thursday too :) can't believe its this week! I am so looking forward to it! No gender reveal party here though, ill just be telling my close friends and family when we find out.. And maybe going on a small pink or blue shopping spree :) my daughter can help me choose some lovely little clothes. I'm too excited! Hehe

Xx

I have my scan Wednesday, not too worried as baby hasn't stopped wriggling the past few days so I know they're in there. Tryin to stay team yellow but it's getting harder the closer we get to scan, I think we will end up finding out!

Good Morning ladies :)

Sigh, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Glad you are feeling somewhat better and that the little one is doing great.

Sharan - how exciting. Is your scan today? Do share your results.

Jess - my LO does the same thing to DH. I think he's given up trying to feel for now. He tells me the LO is stubborn like his mommy..hehehe. GL on the Wed. scan.

Nicki - how cute. I think if we were having the "long awaited girl" we'd have a gender reveal party. Gl on the party and your scan on Thursday.

Jadey - GL on your scan Thursday. Wow! Thursday is such a popular day. Our scan is Thursday as well.

Yaye Lolly! Congrats on being a cantaloupe already. I'm a cantaloupe tomorrow :)

I can't believe we are nearly halfway there ladies!!!!

Thanks Blu! :)

It's strange being past 20 weeks, as before I was counting up to getting to 20 and now I'm counting down 20!

My scan is friday and I am NERVOUS! Hope everything is ok with baby and I can enjoy for a while. Baby's movements are few and far between- not at all consistant yet. So it worrys me a bit. Just hoping there isn't a reason to worry.

Hope everyone is doing well.

My scan is on friday as well. I am 20 weeks tomorrow! Can't wait to find out what we are having. Still haven't bought anything yet so going to go shopping straight after the scan and buy lots of pink or blue!

I am nervous. Can't stop worrying something might be wrong with it. Its pretty wriggly though and has been since 14 weeks off and on. I swear it has hiccups today too. I felt them with my other 2 but not this early I don't think but today its had little rhythmical twitches??

There are a good few of us having scans this week! EXCITING!!!! good luck to all....don't forget to post the photos!

Lolly you are so right about counting up only to start counting down! It's so exciting that things have gone so quickly but now I'm a little nervous that it'll be time for l&d next time I look up! I'm terrified of that part.

ImSoTired I'm sure all is fine. You'll feel great once you see that little one on the monitor again.

Toothfairy the movement is wonderful isn't it. Just a little wriggle here and there to let you know all is ok. Sometimes I feel like i've had something that baby really likes or something because he'll start moving like crazy. This happened last week when I ate a snickers bar - I think the first bit of cholcate since I have been pregnant. When I wake up in the morning, I anticipate the first movement of the day and always say "Well good morning to you too!" :)

Blu, my scan is tomorrow at 10am. I can't wait...getting all excited now.

I too am so much worried this time round compared to my last pregnancy. I took that one in my stride but with this one I'm just stressing all the time for some reason. I need constant reassurance that all is well with Beanie. Thankfully I have a doppler I use once week and manage to find the HB pretty much straight away. That helps somewhat to alleviate the worry.

A close friend of mine had a sleeping angel a few weeks ago. I think that has really stressed me out too. She had no issues throughout the pregnancy and had to be induced at 41+5 weeks. Unfortunately her Princess passed away shortly afterwards.

Oh sharan that's awful. Think that kinda thing is why im so worried. My other 2 are 14 and 16 and obviously I was a lot younger. I didn't worry half as much as this time.

yayy for all the scans this week! Hope you're all feeling well!

I haven't been feeling much movement. During my emergency scan on Saturday, the nurse said the baby was very active but I probably won't feel a lot of movement until much later because I have an anterior placenta. I can't wait to regularly feel the popping :)

I started a to-do list for the nursery. This week is installing a closet system! Has anyone else started? I want to get most of it done before the 3rd trimester blahness kicks in.

Oh sharan that's awful. Think that kinda thing is why im so worried. My other 2 are 14 and 16 and obviously I was a lot younger. I didn't worry half as much as this time.

Even though I was 27 yrs old last time round I think I was still really naive about all the things that can wrong throughout the pregnancy. This time round I'm a bit more clued up but I think it has been to my detriment. I wish I was still naive!

yayy for all the scans this week! Hope you're all feeling well!

I haven't been feeling much movement. During my emergency scan on Saturday, the nurse said the baby was very active but I probably won't feel a lot of movement until much later because I have an anterior placenta. I can't wait to regularly feel the popping :)

I started a to-do list for the nursery. This week is installing a closet system! Has anyone else started? I want to get most of it done before the 3rd trimester blahness kicks in.

I really want to start working on the nursery but I've got to wait a few more days. We are having all windows changed in the house tomorrow so will have to wait till that's all done first.

Oh sharan thats awful! Not nice.

Sigh- we only have a small room for the nursery (cant fit wardrobe in there without it looking cramped as I have a hanging pod chair for breast feeding). So months ago we bought a chest of drawers to put in our room which will be for baby clothes.

This month is sorting out storage as we have a new build with NONE- not even an attic so things like xmas decorations and camping gear is everywhere. Then we will start to organise the painting side of things etc. I pretty much know what I want though for the theme. Just need to convince OH it will be worth doing wallpaper.

I actually SAW my belly move today! only happened for a few seconds but was definitely baby kicking. so funny. I was by myself though as hubby is working another 14 hour shift. Friday cant come soon enough- he has been working so much and missing all the ickle things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->