Calling all Watermelon's

I'm well chuffed with being put ahead because it means I have 8 days less of this dratted pain in my hips. Then, I suddenly realised I'm a fruit ahead of everyone here :'( I see no narna group *sniff sniff* I mean, ok, I can jump to the papaya waiting group tomorrow, but... it's not the same :(

Don't leave 1eighty:flower:

I had my scan yesterday, went okay, but they said it was a little early so they want me to come back in 2 weeks as they did not get good pics of some things. Bubs was not keen to open legs, but right near the end it opened a little and we spotted that we are having a little GIRL!!!!! :pink: :happydance:

Mama congrats on the girl!!!

Eighty... Don't leave us!!! We've got a nice little group here!! It's only a few days.... You can be our leader!!!

Eighty- dont leave :)

Mamaoftwo- Congrats on the :pink:!

Team Pink is officially "winning" at the moment by 1, who else finds out soon?

I had a very strange dream last night- about Boots advantage card points! How odd! Im currently saving them all for xmas presents and the boots machine in my dream was playing up and lost £80 of the saved points. lol.

How are everyone's bumps coming along? Should we upload a few with our 20 week scans pics? xx

p.s IT's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday is an awesome day :)

Thanks girls, means a lot. Was saying to DH just the other day that I love these forums, so many supportive and challenging women at the same stage, it's really helped me because I'm so far from family and IRL friends in the same boat.

I haven't got a scanner, so we rely on photos of our scans, which tend to be dark :/ but I'll try putting some up of our 20w scan :)

We are 20weeks today-now officially half way! I still think I look more fat then pregnant at the moment though :(

Friday is an awesome day :)

Thanks girls, means a lot. Was saying to DH just the other day that I love these forums, so many supportive and challenging women at the same stage, it's really helped me because I'm so far from family and IRL friends in the same boat.

I haven't got a scanner, so we rely on photos of our scans, which tend to be dark :/ but I'll try putting some up of our 20w scan :)

:D My OH doesnt particularly like me on the forum but i said I get to talk to people at the same stage as I am which is great for support. Though I read the thread about vaginal massage and told my OH this morning- he liked the idea of that thread for some reason :haha:

I have a scanner but its not the best- I take a photo on my mob (natural lighting is a must I found) and upload via bluetooth to my pc or to facebook and download it off there. The things we do..... :dohh:

15 mins til I have my first informal chat with my boss about maternity leave and how to have my role covered while Im gone. Ekk!

Well 19 weeks monday, and my 20 week scan is a week on tuesay...then will find out teams ...yay!!! lots of people thinking girl too from scan pic so who knows!

I have a question for you ladies, ive had tooth ache for the past 24 hours and its really bad (to the point that im crying like a baby!)
as my midwife told me paracetamol was ok, I wen ahead and took some. however, iwas in so much pain last night that ive taken more than the recommended dose in 24 hours. (its 8, ive taken 10 tablets total within the time frames they recommend)

Im terrified now...have called nhs direct because im in agony and my appointment isnt til 5pm and I obviously dont want to take anymore. they said that it shouldnt cause harm to the baby as its only a little over...but....hmm should i be worried?!
ive already got my doppler out to check my little bubs heart is still going ...all good....

I would say that its not too far over the reccomended dosage so you should be fine- at the end of the day when your in labour they will be giving you far strong stuff than paracetamol hun!

I would say that its not too far over the reccomended dosage so you should be fine- at the end of the day when your in labour they will be giving you far strong stuff than paracetamol hun!

How did your appointment go hun?

How did your appointment go hun?

With my boss? Yeah good and bad. I still dunno if we have a maternity package or to expect statatory. Also, I asked if there has been any progress with my apprisial which was 6 weeks ago as I hadnt heard anything- and he was like "what actions"...... MY BLOODY PAY RISE!!! To sum up- all the work ive done the last 12 months doesnt matter. Its all about inititive and blah blah blah.... i wont be working anymore on my annual leave days for them, i wont be working longer hours and not getting paid anymore- why both??

I dunno if Im the fool or them? I am really demotivated right now. You would think its unheard off to ask for a pay rise!

What the heck. My bump shrunk again! I was able to button my pants a week ago, then got HUGE over the weekend and shrank again. See the attached pic. the left is me on Sunday after breakfast and the right is me today after breakfast wearing the same shirt. This is driving me nuts!!!!!

Wow sigh that is actually quite a difference!

Maybe you were bloated in the first picture? Dont forget that the uterus is moving up so I think we do get a bit smaller before we get big again. Maybe its a combination of both those things?

Depending on what I wear some days I look more pregnant but obviously youre in the same top there! strange but im sure its normal.

Sigh I think thats normal. At my OB appt yesterday my doctor only measured my belly with a measuring tape bottom to top. He didn't press on it and I think it's because at this point the uterus is shifting and not right at the surface. I still have a bump but it isn't as hard because I think that my uterus isn't at the surface. I wouldn't worry much about that. I just wish my baby would be more active so I could worry les about bump size, etc.

Cute pics sigh. I think that's normal too.

ImSoTired, great to hear that your doctor's appointment went so well :)

AFM, I'm ok. Waiting for my next appointment....

It is quit normal for ur bump to shrink at times around this stage.. I find some days I have no bump and some days I look close to 25-30 weeks.. Between bloat baby moving and ur uterus shifting up it's very common.. It's still a cute bump ;)

Anyone have any ideas on baby names? My husband and I have agreed David to be the middle name ( both our dads r David)... We have been tossing around Alexander David
.... Anyone have any ideas on a cute name to go with David as the middle name?

It is quit normal for ur bump to shrink at times around this stage.. I find some days I have no bump and some days I look close to 25-30 weeks.. Between bloat baby moving and ur uterus shifting up it's very common.. It's still a cute bump ;)

Anyone have any ideas on baby names? My husband and I have agreed David to be the middle name ( both our dads r David)... We have been tossing around Alexander David
.... Anyone have any ideas on a cute name to go with David as the middle name?

Alexander David sounds nice :) (I'm biased, my husband is Alex!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->