Calling all Watermelon's

Hey everyone,

Ive updated the team pinks and blues on the first page. I have been avoiding the site all weekend, to be honest, ive been avoiding most baby talk all weekend, so if Im missed your announcement im sorry! Can you just let me know and ill add you.

Our follow up scan is on wednesday and it seems so far away. My OH has done some research on the net and *IF* its all correct then hopefully baba will be ok. The waiting is killing us, but then alot can change in a week. Trying to stay positive.

Hang in there! Doing research on the net can drive you NUTS so I'm glad you're staying positive. FX-ed for you but I'm sure everything is fine with your little bubs! :hugs:

My antenatel class confirmation has come through the post for next saturday. God its all going on now isnt it? So ill be 22+5 weeks

anyone else had their classes sorted?

My antenatel class confirmation has come through the post for next saturday. God its all going on now isnt it? So ill be 22+5 weeks

anyone else had their classes sorted?

Just signed up for a birthing class on Oct 6th. It's an all day class on a Sat for DH and I. I'll be 31 week then:thumbup:

Nicki I think everything will be ok with your baby. I know how hard it is not to worry as they are telling me they think baby will be small and I may deliver early because of the AFP. I had a panic attack at my ultrasound because I thought for sure they would find something wrong. It really isn't good for the baby to worry and I know you are trying to be positive, which is great. I'll keep my fx'd that you have a great scan!

I think the only class i'm going to take is breastfeeding. It's a two part course at my hospital. And I might do the hospital tour but that's about it.

I think the only class i'm going to take is breastfeeding. It's a two part course at my hospital. And I might do the hospital tour but that's about it.

They have classes for only BF here too but I chose to take the all day little bit of everything class and then I'll decide afterwards whether or not I need more classes.

I am still wondering though as no one seems to know really. When will you be contacting a pediatrician or family doctor for baby?

I think we tell the family doctor after the baby is born. The hospital informs the doctors of the birth and we have a health vistor for the first few weeks I think- this is all second hand info as I havent actually been formally told this.

I have no clue about a pediatrician or when we'll start looking. I'll ask my doctor when she gets back off of maternity leave.

I'm also panicking thinking about the cost of childcare services. When will you start looking for sitters or daycare?

I have no clue about a pediatrician or when we'll start looking. I'll ask my doctor when she gets back off of maternity leave.

I'm also panicking thinking about the cost of childcare services. When will you start looking for sitters or daycare?

Fortunately DH and I have decided that I will stay home with baby as long as I can and get a new job when she goes off to school. However I do know what you mean about cost as I worked in a Daycare for 6 years. It's always more expensive when they are infants and it gets cheaper as they age. The place I worked was around $200 a week for an infant. Which would have been near my whole paycheck working there. I know in the US there are programs for low income families to help them out with childcare, however if you make a decent wage it probably won't apply to you. I would start looking at daycares soon though as the best ones are always booked to capacity way in advance. Children who aren't even born yet are holding a spot for when they are 6-8 weeks old so mommy can go back to work.

Yeah, that's the worst part. Because of my income alone we don't qualify for any assistance programs. But I feel like as long as you are working you should qualify for some type of assistance, even if it's temporary. We are doing ok but could use some help. It's not like we are rich or anywhere close to it - we don't even own a home yet. Child care here can cost $150-$200 a week for an infant, that's a lot of money when you don't have an increase in pay to offset it.

Ay Dios Mio!!! I'm getting a headache even thinking about it.

Yeah, that's the worst part. Because of my income alone we don't qualify for any assistance programs. But I feel like as long as you are working you should qualify for some type of assistance, even if it's temporary. We are doing ok but could use some help. It's not like we are rich or anywhere close to it - we don't even own a home yet. Child care here can cost $150-$200 a week for an infant, that's a lot of money when you don't have an increase in pay to offset it.

Ay Dios Mio!!! I'm getting a headache even thinking about it.

Unfortunately I don't believe that there are programs for people who make a decent wage. It's a shame really but in the US it is always the middle class that suffers. I truly hope that when baby comes DH can bring in enough money on his own. I'm sure it'll be tight for a while but we will get by somehow. I'm really hoping- and I hope I don't sound selfish because I don't mean to be- that we get a TON of stuff at the baby shower because otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it. I don't have a job but even when I did I was only bringing home about $250 a week and that was full time. There just aren't any jobs around here that will pay more for what I do- Early childhood education. I would have made more working in retail or fast food:dohh:. We are currently living comfortably paying all of the bills but we aren't saving much if any. I just hope that with baby as an extra expense we can get by. I'm sure if I got another job we'd be fine but then the childcare comes into the picture. I think I've got the same headache Blu!

It's the same here in the uk, the working/middle class always suffer. We don't qualify for any benefits and child care is so expensive.

Is it imperitve you return to work once the baby's here Blu? I know it's not an option for everyone, but we are better off on just OH's wage and me staying at home until both children are in school x

Lolly I wish but that's not the case. DH just started a new job, which still doesn't pay a lot but is better than where he was. I make more than DH. He's working on his degree so I'm hoping he can find better work when he graduates in a year. We also need my insurance benefits and I couldn't imagine not having my income to support us - that'd knock the major source of support from our family. The middle class does carry the load :(

Hey everyone,

Ive updated the team pinks and blues on the first page. I have been avoiding the site all weekend, to be honest, ive been avoiding most baby talk all weekend, so if Im missed your announcement im sorry! Can you just let me know and ill add you.

Our follow up scan is on wednesday and it seems so far away. My OH has done some research on the net and *IF* its all correct then hopefully baba will be ok. The waiting is killing us, but then alot can change in a week. Trying to stay positive.

Stay positive hun and know we all have our fingers crossed for you! I'm sure everything will be ok :hugs:

Had my scan today! Baby was really sleepy and uncooperative lol.

I didn't get to see much as the lady had the screen turned away from me most of the time but OH got to see a few wriggles and a yawn. Oh, and I have an anterior placenta - boo :(

Have to go back next week as they couldn't get baby to move for some of the measurements.

I managed to stay team yellow too! here's a pic of bubba

Attachments

• IMG-20120723-00824.jpg
    IMG-20120723-00824.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 4
nickibrum :hugs: thinking of you hun x

Blu - That sucks :( I forget that you have to pay for your healthcare over there in the US :dohh: I guess that's our one saving grace over here. You'll be fine though once baby comes along, budgeting and making ends meet will come like second nature :flower:

Beautiful scan pic Babyforme :) are you taking gender guesses!?

nickibrum :hugs: thinking of you hun x

Blu - That sucks :( I forget that you have to pay for your healthcare over there in the US :dohh: I guess that's our one saving grace over here. You'll be fine though once baby comes along, budgeting and making ends meet will come like second nature :flower:

Beautiful scan pic Babyforme :) are you taking gender guesses!?

I'd love a gender guess ttc_lolly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->