Calling all Watermelon's

babyforme83 - I'm going to say team pink... we're behind in here! :)

I'm lucky, I work from home right now and my parents live 5 minutes away incase I need to travel for work. I started to look into childcare incase I switch jobs and didn't realize how expensive it is!

I'm finally feeling some sort of regular movement! A lot of glub glub feelings this weekend and for the last 10 mins, she's been punching or kicking me :) it's very light but good to feel something repeatedly!

BTW - I have a LONG rant about this weekend. It was my niece's birthday so my DH's side of the family went to meet up at his parent's house Saturday-Sunday in NJ. It's very hot and they only have 3 air conditioned rooms. When we usually visit, my DH and I sleep in the attic area with just a fan but now that I'm pregnant I need the AC!

My DH has 2 brothers, 1 who lives with his parents(his room has AC with a tiny twin bed) and 1 one who lives an hour away with 3 kids. The one with the kids always takes the AC room upstairs when we visit and has never offered to let us sleep there or share, so I my DH called him earlier in the week to ask what the sleeping situation would be since I'm pregnant. His brother said "Oh we'll all cram in there." I thought this was weird and might be difficult since there would be 7 of us +2 dogs and I get up to pee every hour or so but I figured it's a large room so we would figure it out when we got there.

So we arrived first on Saturday and put our bag in the room. They arrived later in the evening and we had a nice night. My DH and I were in the basement with our niece, catching up with an old friend who was visiting and lost track of time (It was midnight). My sister-in-law comes downstairs to tell her daughter to get ready for bed and then we realized that my DH's brother is sleeping in the AC room with 2 of the kids. I asked my sister-in-law if there was room for us and she says "No, the kids are sleeping on the floor. Did you bring an airbed?". I was shocked... so my DH went upstairs to talk to my brother in law and saw that they removed our bag from the room and put it in the hallway. My DH then asked her if there was room and she said no and closed the door. My DH's other brother's room is a disaster area so its hard to walk in there, let alone sleep, but my poor inlaws felt so bad about what happened that they crammed into the twin bed before I noticed and made us take their room. I felt so bad that I ended up crying half the night and only slept about 3 hours.

Next day, they acted like nothing happened. I can't believe people can be so rude and inconsiderate! My DH ended up talking to his brother in the evening before we left and he acted like it wasn't a big deal. My sister-in-law had 3 uncomfortable pregnancies so I thought maybe she'd understand but nope. She knew we discussed sharing the room before but acted stupid when I asked if there was room. UGH some people. I'm done lol :)

We had our scan last week and baby was very active! It was very strange seeing baby move on the screen and feeling it move in me at the same time. A little sad now though that we wont get to see him/her again though until they arrive :(

We had our scan last week and baby was very active! It was very strange seeing baby move on the screen and feeling it move in me at the same time. A little sad now though that we wont get to see him/her again though until they arrive :(

Could you book a private scan hun for around 30 odd weeks? Thats my plan if I dont need additional scans (but it looks like I might)

Oh Sigh! How awful and inconsiderate of them. Luckily, DH's parents were gracious enough to let you sleep in their room. I just can't imagine people acting like that in general, but especially now that you are pregnant. Trust me, my conversation with them would've gone a lot different and it would not have been nice.

Congrats on a great scan cookie! I agree with Nicki, schedule a private scan if that's an option for you. DH and I will schedule one for 30 weeks just to be able to see little one again. This one will be in 3d.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

BTW - I have a LONG rant about this weekend. It was my niece's birthday so my DH's side of the family went to meet up at his parent's house Saturday-Sunday in NJ. It's very hot and they only have 3 air conditioned rooms. When we usually visit, my DH and I sleep in the attic area with just a fan but now that I'm pregnant I need the AC!

My DH has 2 brothers, 1 who lives with his parents(his room has AC with a tiny twin bed) and 1 one who lives an hour away with 3 kids. The one with the kids always takes the AC room upstairs when we visit and has never offered to let us sleep there or share, so I my DH called him earlier in the week to ask what the sleeping situation would be since I'm pregnant. His brother said "Oh we'll all cram in there." I thought this was weird and might be difficult since there would be 7 of us +2 dogs and I get up to pee every hour or so but I figured it's a large room so we would figure it out when we got there.

So we arrived first on Saturday and put our bag in the room. They arrived later in the evening and we had a nice night. My DH and I were in the basement with our niece, catching up with an old friend who was visiting and lost track of time (It was midnight). My sister-in-law comes downstairs to tell her daughter to get ready for bed and then we realized that my DH's brother is sleeping in the AC room with 2 of the kids. I asked my sister-in-law if there was room for us and she says "No, the kids are sleeping on the floor. Did you bring an airbed?". I was shocked... so my DH went upstairs to talk to my brother in law and saw that they removed our bag from the room and put it in the hallway. My DH then asked her if there was room and she said no and closed the door. My DH's other brother's room is a disaster area so its hard to walk in there, let alone sleep, but my poor inlaws felt so bad about what happened that they crammed into the twin bed before I noticed and made us take their room. I felt so bad that I ended up crying half the night and only slept about 3 hours.

Next day, they acted like nothing happened. I can't believe people can be so rude and inconsiderate! My DH ended up talking to his brother in the evening before we left and he acted like it wasn't a big deal. My sister-in-law had 3 uncomfortable pregnancies so I thought maybe she'd understand but nope. She knew we discussed sharing the room before but acted stupid when I asked if there was room. UGH some people. I'm done lol :)

People only ever think about themselves hun, you should of opened up a huge can of pregnancy hormones on her and flipped. So rude and inconsiderate of them!

Im going for my 20wk scan tomorrow, at 21 wks like, but yeah im excited! With mine being a multiple pregnancy i now get scans every 4 weeks so i guess im lucky in that respect but i do think one scan at 20w and then nothing for a singleton is a bit harsh and sooo long to go! Deffo enquire about a private one. Ive had 2 Babybond ones and theyve been fab with me both times! So much better than my hospital experiences.

Sigh that was absolutely awful. That was so nice of your inlaws to give up their room for you because BIL and SIL were so selfish. Hope you are feeling better now.

I'm having another scan in 3 weeks because baby was uncooperative and they were missing about 3 measurements. And then because of my elevated AFP I'll have another scan at 32 weeks to check that baby has grown. I'm sure I'll get really nervous and stressed again as the time goes by. I really wish that the scans were once a month like my OB appts because it would make me stress so much less.

I'm going to be so busy for the remainder of the year. There are so many things we need to do and buy. We are going to be broke for sure:dohh:

Is anyone else wearing their maternity clothes? I am absolutely huge! Nothing fits but the maternity stuff and it's sooo expensive! I went for my scan on Friday and they weighed me. Turns out I have gained 12 lbs so far! Hopefully I don't gain more than 12 more. :wacko:

Im in maternity wear most the time now but thats more for comfort than necessity. Ill post a pic of bump and scan pic tomorrow.

I bought a maternity dress last week full price, then just saw it was in the sale 1/2 price so bought it again and returning the full price one when it arrives. I only picked it up on sunday so tags are still on. You're right it is expensive!

Thanks guys. My inlaws are in their mid 70s with back issues so I felt so awful when they gave their bed up. I wanted to say something but my hormones have made me a wimp instead of wonder woman so I start balling like a baby when I get angry.

ImSoTired - I've been wearing my regular clothes with a belly band or stretchy pants with DH's shirts. I bought a pair of maternity jeans but they are sooo itchy in this heat!! 12 lbs is great! I've gained 12 too - dr said about 5 lbs during the 1st tri then 1-2 lbs each week after is normal. Have you started walking differently? I noticed my shoe size has changed slightly and I'm starting to slighly waddle. DH thinks my walk is funny. :) Time to find some comfy flats!

Hi MommaBarry!! I'm team pink too :)

Hello sigh!!

Just briefly read about your delima with your in laws and all I can say is WOW! You are much more patient and kind than I would have been. :hugs:

Lol sigh- I think I am waddling a bit. I think it is mostly because of the nerves in my back as I sort of walk in a way so is not to disturb the nerves which get sore on and off. My feet haven't grown yet- which I think I'd prefer if they did since my feet are absolutely tiny. But I do think my nose has broadened a bit and I don't think my boobs have grown but they have gotten way heavier. I have very comfy flip flops but no nice flats. I'll need them soon though. Just another thing for me to buy! I was wearing my regular shorts with the belly bands as well but lately they are just not cutting it. So it was time to bring out the maternity pants. As for shirts all of my size medium shirts are too small. The larges still fit but some are riding up over the bump a little and some are still too big. DH wears an XL shirt and they will be huge on me. I'm short so I'll look like I'm wearing a shirt dress lol.

Hey MommaBarry :hi:

I'm most definitely in maternity dresses and tops. I mostly wear summer dresses on the weekend but during the work week I have no choice but to pull out the maternity gear. I can't stand pants right now, mainly because I can't fit them. DH says I need to give in a buy maternity pants.

My little one's movement and kicks are getting stronger by the day. DH and I have been buying clothes and decor for the nursey. We did our registries at BabiesRUs and Target on saturday.

I can't get my mood together. I'm a mix between sad and blah and can't figure it out. I don't think anyone notices it b/c I turn "on" whenever someone comes around but I'm just not with it lately. IDK what's wrong.

Hi Blu. I remember your from the TTC threads!! Its so awesome to see that you came this far!!! Congrats! :happydance:

Hello all!

Scan today....im :blue: !!!!

Massive surprise, everyone assumed I was having a girl (weird I know) except for husband. I even posted my 14 week scan pic for guesses on a thread, nobody said boy.

we are thrilled...but would have been either way anyway :) :cloud9:

hope everyone is well xx

Congrats and welcome to team :blue: Kelly!

MommaBarry - How have you been? I remember when we were TTC and now we're over half way there! You've even reached your V-day, hooray!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->