Calling all Watermelon's

I got a little over 7 hrs of sleep last night!!!!! LO finished feeding at 10:00 and slept until 3 am, then 4:30 to 7:15 am! I woke up feeling like a new person :) My dr told me to feed her every 2-3 hrs during the day and at night 3-4 hours is good but if she's gaining weight normally and having enough wet/dirty diapers we can go 5-6 hrs.

I'm jealous Sigh! Glad you got some rest. I'd kill for a four hour stretch. Lo wakes up to eat about every 2 to 2.5 hours at night and last couple days he's been eating every hour. Must be a growth spurt. He's starting to smile more and interact some which is so fun though! I'm really beginning to enjoy motherhood. :)

How is breastfeeding going for you ladies? Is it getting better? I've started to block nurse as my supply is still crazy high and my letdown so forceful that lo chokes so I'm hoping this will help.

I'm jealous Sigh! Glad you got some rest. I'd kill for a four hour stretch. Lo wakes up to eat about every 2 to 2.5 hours at night and last couple days he's been eating every hour. Must be a growth spurt. He's starting to smile more and interact some which is so fun though! I'm really beginning to enjoy motherhood. :)

How is breastfeeding going for you ladies? Is it getting better? I've started to block nurse as my supply is still crazy high and my letdown so forceful that lo chokes so I'm hoping this will help.

Yesss I was soo happy but now she has only had a few 5-10 minute naps all day and has been fussy. I finally JUST got her to sleep at 5 pm by bouncing on a yoga ball while holding her.

BF is sort of getting better here. I might have thrush though... having some burning pain and cracking... trying to fix her latch but will be calling a lactation consultant to help soon. I have a forceful letdown too and she chokes but I think my supply is low so she wants to eat after that but I don't have enough for her :( It makes me so sad to see her cry. When I calm her down she looks at me with those big eyes and her tongue out so I end up letting her feed but there's nothing there so she keeps pulling at my nipple and unlatching.

Hi all, still haven't got around to writing my birthing story.

It turns out our little man has benign brain tumour creating a blockage which is causing water on the brain. He will have to have an operation but trying to hold out a bit longer.

Bf is finally going well. He tends to feed for 20-45 mins. We did have to formula feed for a bit as he wasn't putting on weight. At night I use formula as he sleeps longer and he hasn't suffered from nipple confusion. we were only discharged from the midwife this week, finally back up to his birth weight.

How was ur new year n Xmas?

Hey Nicki, sorry to hear about lo having to have operation. You are in my thoughts. Hope everything is ok. :) Glad bfding is going well for you and lo is back up to birth weight. Good work!

My holidays were pretty much passed over as lo took the spotlight. Next year we'll be more in the spirit. :)

I'm wondering if i should be waking my bubba in the night? He has a feed around 11pm and doesnt wake me until about 4am sometimes he just stirs rather than waking for a feed then doesnt wake to feed until around 7am.

my little girl does this too. I tried waking her, but she doesn't eat good then anyway,so now I just let her sleep.

sorry nicking! I hope all goes well.
Marianne is doing great, and breastfeeding is going pretty well. we have bad days every so often. I started taking fenugreek to increase my supply and I pump regularly to. she will start at the babysitters in two weeks as I have to go back to work... I'm not looking forward to that, but she will be with family so I know she will be taken care of.
I went to the urologist yesterday to follow up on the kidney stones and stent. they told me on the phone that they would take it out in the office, so I arranged for my mom to keep the baby. We got there and had to pay the Colts just to be told that I needed surgery to get the stone, because it is too big to pass. they then changed their mind about taking the stent out. so I have to call and schedule outpatient surgery. apparently I will have to pump and dump for 24 hours after surgery, because of the anesthesia.
on top of all this my transmission went out last week and I to pay 2000 dollars to get it fixed.

hopefull i'm glad its not just us-i feel a bit abnormal when mine pretty much sleeps through.
He does take a while to settle before bedtime though constantly wanting to feed, then not really wanting it and making himself sick because he has eaten too much. OH and I have been discussing acid reflux or similar as he gets very frustrated but he doesnt have any other symptons other than the frustration and being sick.

You lucky ladies! My lo is up every two hours, sometimes three and then he's usually up for about 45 mins to an hour. Last night he wouldn't go to sleep. I rocked him to keep him from screaming from about 7 pm to 11 pm! So tired!

Nicki - so sorry to hear that. I hope you and bubs are ok :hugs:

Hopeful - did they discuss using breaking the stone up with sonar (I think that's what it's called) so you can pass it? My coworker had this done and had success when she had a large stone. hope you're ok!

Cookie - We are on acid reflux watch as well. Baby has been screaming in pain because of gas and dr thinks she might have to go on zantac... we're waiting 2 weeks to see if she outgrows it. In the meantime I might try gripe water to see if that settles the gas issue.

1 month appt went well. She is now 9 lbs 8 oz so she has gained about a half a lb more than the dr said she should gain so she is caught up from her previous weight loss. I'm relieved but she constantly wants food and pulls on my nips during feedings and it hurtssss! (reflux symptom).

I took some 1 month pics (attached). Can't believe how much she's grown!https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/248775_10100419772873696_1164898526_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/553176_10100419781701006_315604410_n.jpg

they tried to laser the stone when they put in the stent, and it didn't work. so now they will just use a scope to go up and get it.
we had a rough night. miss prods woke up every hour to two hours wanting to eat. she finally had a 3 hour stretch this morning. I got so aggravated with the DH because he slept right through. I feel like he isn't helping enough, I know he has to go to work, but he always has something else to do on the weekend or at night. anybody else having these feelings? I also kinda feel like I'm a bad mom, because days like today I don't have any idea what to do to make her stop crying. I get aggravated easily and my patience is wearing thin.

Nicki I am sorry to hear about your son's tumor but I'm sure they will take care of it and I'm hoping everything will be fine! Happy to hear you are doing well otherwise!

hopeful good luck with that stone!

Sigh beautiful pics! Your girl is putting on weight beautifully. Caitlyn is only about 8 lbs now and she was born 7lb7oz. She lost about 1lb though after leaving the hospital and was jaundice but has since been gaining but kinda slowly. The doctor isn't concerned but I am!

As far as baby sleeping and not waking to eat, Caitlyn does this also. She sleeps 4-6 hours without waking to eat and I get really nervous about it but I make sure she eats when she wakes up. I'm still breastfeeding but I have to pump in the mornings because I'm usually full and Caitlyn is too drowsy to eat well, so she gets a bottle and I pump. She gets fomula after bf'ing during the day and she gets a bottle of fomula at night which helps her to sleep which gives me a bit of sanity. I've also been taking fenugreek to keep my supply up. Overall we are doing well! I just hope my little munchkin continues to gain weight and is healthy. We love her sooo much!:cloud9:

Lovely pics Sigh! She's sooooo gorgeous! Seriously, am I the only one who has a baby that wakes up every two hours or less? I'm going out of my mind here!

hopeful - hope things get better for you soon! My friend told me to try bouncing on a yoga ball to get her to stop crying and it WORKS. Amazing! I hold her against my chest with her head under my chin and she falls asleep within 5-10 mins, sometimes sooner but she stops crying almost immediately.

So we're having some problems here. I went to feed her Tuesday night and she suddenly somehow forgot how to latch. I have not been able to BF her since then and am shattered. She tries to latch but is unable and ends up screaming, kicking, clawing at me and turning red. I tried on and off for 2 hrs on Tuesday and ended up pumping and feeding her a bottle (Which she has no problem drinking from). Pumping and feeding exclusively is such a pain and takes so much time! I've been trying to get her to latch every time I feed her and she isn't able. I have a lactation consultant coming here tomorrow but she told me she's never heard of anything like this in a baby this young. The consultant said she may have nipple confusion, but we had only given her a bottle 3 or 4 times and used a pacifier 4 times (none of which were on Tuesday or this week). She was fine feeding at 6:45 pm on Tuesday, then at 9:30 she couldn't do it. I feel like a failure and am crying constantly...ugh. :nope:

hopeful - hope things get better for you soon! My friend told me to try bouncing on a yoga ball to get her to stop crying and it WORKS. Amazing! I hold her against my chest with her head under my chin and she falls asleep within 5-10 mins, sometimes sooner but she stops crying almost immediately.

So we're having some problems here. I went to feed her Tuesday night and she suddenly somehow forgot how to latch. I have not been able to BF her since then and am shattered. She tries to latch but is unable and ends up screaming, kicking, clawing at me and turning red. I tried on and off for 2 hrs on Tuesday and ended up pumping and feeding her a bottle (Which she has no problem drinking from). Pumping and feeding exclusively is such a pain and takes so much time! I've been trying to get her to latch every time I feed her and she isn't able. I have a lactation consultant coming here tomorrow but she told me she's never heard of anything like this in a baby this young. The consultant said she may have nipple confusion, but we had only given her a bottle 3 or 4 times and used a pacifier 4 times (none of which were on Tuesday or this week). She was fine feeding at 6:45 pm on Tuesday, then at 9:30 she couldn't do it. I feel like a failure and am crying constantly...ugh. :nope:

I read in "The Baby Whisperer" that this could happen (and most often it's boys that forget how to latch). My baby has been doing this lately too but eventually he figures it out if he is hungry. Sometimes he acts like he wants to latch, roots around frantically but can't latch and then screams but usually he does that when he's tired and not actually hungry. I don't understand it.

Lo started nursing for comfort yesterday and my boob is so sore now. I'm out to find a pacifier that he likes because he won't take the ones we have. But nursing calmed him down soooo well last night and he just fell asleep that way so many times yesterday that he was such a good baby. He naps well when I nurse him to sleep and I can tell he's much happier when he gets to suck for comfort. So I sacrificed my boobs to calm him but now I'm on the look out for a boob like paci.

how was everyone's weekend?
mine was good. we had sunny 70 degree weather so we went to enjoy the park by the river here. it was nice to get out as a family and enjoy the weather. we took some props with us and took some pictures. then today we had church and a photographer friend came over to take more pictures. I'll upload some tomorrow while Marianne sleeps.

Hopeful, can't wait to see the pics! Our weekend was good. I took Carter to a baby and mom yoga class and that was fun. We have been making some mommy friends, since not many of my friends have babies, and met another his same age so that was fun. :)

hi ladies!

nicki - hopefully your son will get well soon, sigh - gorgeous pics!

I hope everyone is keeping well. Things with connor are good although Ive taken to nicknaming him grumpy because of his constant crankiness if he is doing anything else but bf!!

Ive gone from 1-2 hour feeds at night to 1-2 hour feeds during the morning. He tends to finally go down about 11-11.30 then wakes up between 3.30-4am and then again between 6-6:30 and again at 8.30 which is great - but it means in the morning I barely get anything done as he wants feeding sometimes twice an hour! I have my mum and my MIL telling me that hes being greedy and is just doing it for comfort so Ive given him a dummy. Hes not always happy about it but seems to drift off to sleep on most of the occasions. Still makes me feel guilty though!

Sunday was pretty bad - he literally wouldnt stop and I was on my own all day and couldnt even get dressed! So now ive bought a medela electronic pump and have managed to express 1 bottle (about 4 oz) I feel relieved already that this constant cycle im in doesnt always have to end with me and that my mum or my husband can feed him now and again to give me a break!

Had an incident last wednesday with a horrible neighbour - connor really doesnt like being changed and screams the house down everytime I change and dress him in the morning. Whilst doing this last wednesday, the neighbour was consistently banging on the wall, presumably to try and get me to shut him up! it upset me so much, plus it wasnt even taht early - this was 7.30am. I already get upset with connor screaming so this didnt help! The worst of it was, it was the woman...who is a mum herself!!! My dad was pretty enraged when I told him (husband was at work) and went round and they had an argument. What upset me even more is that she told my dad that she thought 'the baby was being ignored' - has she forgotten what having a newborn is like??!! :( x

I know what you ladies mean about fussy babies! Carter gets fussy in the evenings and we have to swaddle him, rock him and turn on the vacuum to settle him. It's tough! He's so happy in the mornings usually though, so we have fun when we wake up and he's all smiles after his first feeding and diaper change. He still only sleeps about two hours at a time at night. :p

I did a little photo session with him yesterday for his six week old pictures. I posted them on my blog if you ladies want to see. He was in such a good mood I just had to bust out the camera! :)

https://kellymirandaphotography.com/blog/?p=1278

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->