Calling LoveBugs - OVing on or around Valentine's Day? Bring your own Barry White CD!

That sounds so promising Sqweek can't wait to hear your news.
How's everyone doing.

Nausea been kicking in the last few days but usually if I need to eat something apple or satsumer helps or camomile or ginger and lemon tea. Still just taking it a day at a time.

I had just started typing up the story, when OH told me he had jotted down some notes. So as soon as I can put it all into my words I will post it in here. But for now here is a pic of my gorgeous princess Annabel Carys who weighed 7lb 12oz/ 3.5kgs. She was born on Sunday at 5:01am by emergency c-section.

https://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/strirrel/DSCF1976.jpg

Yay our first baby xxxx

She is adorable skweek xx congratulations :):)

Hi ladies, thanks for all the well wishes. I can't believe my little Annabel is already 1 week old! She is just such a good little girl! She already sleeps 4 hours between feeds (Touch wood that continues!) She hardly ever cries!! I could not have asked for an easier baby!!
And just sooo cute!!!!
Looks like I need to get more pics of OH to upload to here again soon! He has sooo many lovely pics of her!
Hope you are all doing well!
Kat - full term in just 2 days!! Woohoo!!! FXed your baby doesn't keep you waiting like I had to!
LW - how are you feeling? Hope that dreaded MS is staying away
Bonnie - hows life after the storm? Has everything returned to normal yet?
Bbear - how you doing? only a few more weeks of work till your mat leave starts! yay

Oh sounds like a little someone is waking up again!
Must go

Skweek,
More pics please.
What a good little girl!!! I am so happy for you.
I am 50% effaced and 1cm dilated, so I hope it won't be long... preferably next week.

oh yes please!! FXed your baby comes sooner rather than making you wait!!
Keep us posted

here we go ladies, the cutest pic of Annabel yet!!

https://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/strirrel/chucklesday7.jpg

Oh Kat that's excellent news!
Squeek-so glad she a good baby-cant wait for more pics!
LW-how are you feeling?
Bbear-your next!

AFM. 2 dpo. Excellent timing and clomid so feeling hopeful I can catch up to all you ladies soon. Just picked up some progesterone cream and see if it helps.
We are fine from the storm. Never even lost power at home. It was a terrible storm for many though.

OMG that is such a cute picture! look at that laugh!
how are you feeling?

hope you share your birth story

Skweek,
Sooooo cute!

Bonnie,
FXed hon. Good to hear that the storm did not disrupt you.

AFM,
Hoping, praying and walking that the baby comes sooner rather than later.

Ok Ladies, Let's see if I can remember all the details of the birth of my princess Annabel.

Contractions started on Thursday night of 8 Nov at about 10pm. They started off at about 8 - 9 minutes apart but very quickly revved up to 3 minutes apart. At about 5am we went to the hospital but as I was only 1 -2 cm dilated I was given codine and we were sent home. We laboured on at home for most of Friday going for walks and having a bath - which just seemed to slow things down for me. Went back to the hospital 5:30pm. Again I was checked and said I was only 1 -2 cm. I was given more codine and sent home. Came home and slept and continued to labour till 4:30am. Again we were sent home. By this stage we were slightly annoyed and frustrated as I was clearly not coping with the pain. We returned again at 8am and were told to go for a walk around the hospital. My waters still had not gone but were apparently bulging. We walked around the hospital and I tried to eat but had already lost my appetite.
At 12pm I was admitted onto a ward for observations. (YAY for progress!!) I was given yet more codine and slept for a good 2 hours. One of the midwives did try send us home implying that we were taking up a much needed bed! At 5:30pm my waters finally went!! And guess who had to clean up my bed (sorry to be a bitch! But we didn't like that MW at this point!) Suddenly my labour revved up full gear!! and boy was it painful!! I felt really sorry for the other ladies in the ward who were clearly there for induction and nothing was happening to them! (cue memory of Friends episode of Rachel in labour! HAHA) By 9pm I was begging for gas and air!
At 10pm I was transferred to the midwife led unit - I thought my BMI was too high to go onto that ward - but meant that I could get the water birth I so wanted!! Got in there and grabbed that gas and air! Boy was it goooooooood!!!! Took the feeling of pain right away! I loved that stuff. I was examined and the MW said I was 5 cm so good to get into the pool. Laboured in the water with gas and air till about 3:30am ish. MW requested to check on my progress and I was only 7cm - clearly not far enough for labouring in water for 5 hours. So I was admitted to delivery suite where a consultant checked me over and discovered meconium.
Yup as you can imagine - emergency c-section. There was suddenly lots of people in and out of the room and I was rushed into theatre.
Annabel was eventually born by c-section at 5:01am. I apparently lost about 3 litres of blood and had to have a blood transfusion - 2 units of blood and a bag of plasma. I remember the panic with one of the people in the theatre squeezing the bag of blood to get it to move through faster!
It seemed like ages before we were allowed to see Annabel. My OH was taken round to see her after about 10 minutes. They eventually brought her round to see me about 10 minutes after that.
They continued to work on me, cleaning and stitching me up. My OH was taken to a room with Annabel where he was given a bottle of milk to give her her first feed. I must have been in theatre for 90 minutes! I was eventually transferred to a High Care Unit where we stayed for 12 hours of intensive observations.
Later on that day - about 6pm I was transferred back to the post natal ward were we stayed till Wednesday night.
There are a lot of questions I have surrounding the birth and I am apparently entitled to a debriefing with the surgeon who was in charge of the c-section. We will definitely be penning a few questions down and having this debriefing!

PS: Just seen a MW who said that they will organise the debrief for us!! YAY time to get some answers to loads of questions.

Yup so all in all a bit of an ordeal to get her out but I am recovering and Annabel is doing really well!!

wow skweek sounds like you had a hell of a time, poor you :( Baby is all worth it though eh :):)

Her smile is adorable and loving the Hello kitty :)

Bonnie xx hope you are giving up some good new soon :)

Lotus hope you are feeling well x

Kat : Eeeeek not long for you now, the final countdown :)

AFM, been told i am anaemic so i am on iron tablets 3 times a day, will get checked at 34weeks and if still low they wont allow me to go in the midwife led unit for my water birth :( So eating lots of iron food and drinking lots of water and orange juice
30 weeks this week, i cant believe it!

Skweek she is super cute. Wow you really won't through it. I am glad you are both well and you are going to have a debrief.

Kat 1cm is good news lets hope you go into established labour ASAP x

Bonnie best of luck my love. Fxd for you to be joining us soon.

Bbear you can try juicing broccoli spiniach add a sweet apple, half a lemon minus skin and ginger actually taste ok. Also Curley Kale great for iron. All the best.

Afm - I think I am stuck with the nausea for now only physically been sick twice which good because the nausea comes every day or every other at diff times. Usually when I need to eat something. I now must have ginger ale in my life lol. Had my first blood test today and my booking appoimenr was last Friday I won't be getting a scan until 10 to 12 weeks thy will contact me about that direct. Just looking after myself and trying to relax. DB left for New York today he will be gone for 3 months he will go home to Miami new year so all being well join him in feb before be returns. I have been off work all week not sure how I will cope with this nausea at work.

Skweek,
Wow, you went through a lot hon. I know it was all worth it, but I am happy that you will get some answers to your questions. I wonder why your dilation was stuck for so long. I guess everyone is different. Love your little beauty.

BBear,
I agree with LW... juice some dark greens. My iron was so excellent the nurses commented on it. I juice dark greens daily on top of taking a whole-food, organic prenatal. It is called New Chapter. They are actual whole food pills, so they dont have the breakdown that chemical vitamins have. They are pricey, but worth it. I hope you get those numbers up. Almost there.

LW,
Have you tried SeaBands? They stimulate an accupuncture point on the wrists. They actually worked for me to take the edge off, but are most definitely not a cure all. Also, ginger chews made with organic ginger is much stronger than ginger ale. My nausea left completely by 10 weeks. Hopes yours makes a rapid exit as well.

Bonnie,
hi hon.

AFM,
Almost full-term!!! I am so excited to meet Grey. The 3 WW has begun. I pray he comes this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->