Calling out of work guilt

swood9

Mom of one!
Reaction score
I went to bed feeling like crap last night and woke up still feeling the same. I took allergy medicine and ibuprofen but I still feel like shit. We have exceptions to use at work so we get pto for illness and no corrective action so I've called in but I hate how I feel when I do it. It always makes me feel naughty and like I look like a fool to my bosses. Anyone else feel bad when skipping work?

Yes - but not guilty enough to NOT call in if I'm too sick. Hope you feel better soon!

I was the same before going on mat leave! Even if I felt terrible 9 times out of 10 I'd make myself go in. Didn't help that they made you feel guilty upon your return and used to tell you to "just come in anyway and see how you get on" they'd never send you home though if you were actually too sick, you'd have to collapse or something for it to come to that!

Don't feel bad, if you're sick you're sick. Hope you feel better soon.

I was off sick a few months ago (only for a week) with a bad back (my 18 month old neice chucked a toy under my feet just as i was passing her) I was in so much pain. Everyday i had to call in (no probs with that) but everyday i got HER. This woman has the nack of making a simple "yeah im cant come in" call into a 20mins conversation about how much pain SHE is in and that she will "do her best to cover my work" cheeky cow only print off emails and puts them on my desk anyway! She then goes to my boss and puts on the whiney voice so my boss rings me to give me the 3rd degree on what happened and why and where!!!!

:growlmad:

Im the same, I normally come in when Im near death :haha: I always end up getting sent home.

Its really not fair on other people for me to spread all my germs about so I should stay at home, Im HR so Im so used to sending people home and telling them not to come in - the rule never applies for yourself tho!

xxx

i hate it, my place make me feel so guilty, a girl i was working with the other day rang in halfway through her shift (i work out in the community) and all she got was 'oh so i will just magic more carers out of thin air then'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->