Calls to ban Bounty in maternity wards - let's hope!!

I don't really remember it being a negative experience, I suppose because I wasn't expecting it so I was like "ooo free stuff! ooo a photo of my new baby!". In hindsight, I would opt out if possible knowing that they collect data.

Our bounty lady was one of the better ones it seems, and even then she was pushy! I'd had a hard and difficult birth, I was exhausted and sore, and as my LO was born with ventouse and forceps, so was he, but of course, everyone wants nice pictures of their new beautiful baby! £80 we got pushed into paying for the USB, and then when we got home we had to pay further to get them printed off. My DF said, 'we've just gained a new mouth to feed, and you want me to pay WHAT for pictures?!', but as I loved the pictures so much he bought them for me, with hindsight I wish she hadn't bothered coming round, I'd have rather paid a professional photographer £80 and got some pictures done when we were more up to it.

eurgh I really hope they do ban it! I was having a really difficult time latching my baby to breastfeed, was sore and almost in tears, so them keep coming pestering for photos etc is not what I needed!

I HATE everything they stand for.

My first experience with my oldest was a whole of pressure to take the most expensive package, which a) we couldn't afford and b) didn't have enough people to send a stupid amount of photos to. My second we were put in antenatal as there were no beds in postnatal so avoided them :dance:

My third, my experience was much like Lexi's, running in and demanding the baby who just happened to be in the mortuary :nope: I was still on labour ward but needed to stay in cos I was so poorly with an infection, so even if my daughter wasn't stillborn it wouldn't of been an appropriate time either.

My fourth was just horribly traumatic, she came around two days after Kaysie Blossom was born. It was exactly one year since Honey had died inside me. I was a mess. To the point that I was classed as so unstable that they wouldn't discharge me until I had seen the perinatal mental health team twice, they didn't know if I would need sectioning as I was hysterical from her birth for three days, I was having visions and all sorts. And yet this woman was allowed to come and try and HARASS me into buying photos, I sat sobbing as she told me I would regret it etc etc as I tried to say no. Luckily my DH eventually turned up and told her where to get off, but when else would a sales rep be allowed in a hospital to try and force a person with mental health problems into buying something? It just wouldn't happen else where.

My fifth, I wasn't there long enough.

I am not sure I could cope if and when I get a rainbow baby.

And as for them selling your details on, yep, those details they sold on were used to bug the hell out of me no matter how many times I told them my daughter had died. The distress added to my journey because of Bounty, can not be described.

God that is so, so awful. You would think they would at least ask the midwives on duty whether there was anyone to avoid? I'm so sorry you've had such inexcusable experiences ladies :hugs:

Urgh she kept coming by until DH got rid of her..

And now I get emails all the time

I HATE everything they stand for.

My first experience with my oldest was a whole of pressure to take the most expensive package, which a) we couldn't afford and b) didn't have enough people to send a stupid amount of photos to. My second we were put in antenatal as there were no beds in postnatal so avoided them :dance:

My third, my experience was much like Lexi's, running in and demanding the baby who just happened to be in the mortuary :nope: I was still on labour ward but needed to stay in cos I was so poorly with an infection, so even if my daughter wasn't stillborn it wouldn't of been an appropriate time either.

My fourth was just horribly traumatic, she came around two days after Kaysie Blossom was born. It was exactly one year since Honey had died inside me. I was a mess. To the point that I was classed as so unstable that they wouldn't discharge me until I had seen the perinatal mental health team twice, they didn't know if I would need sectioning as I was hysterical from her birth for three days, I was having visions and all sorts. And yet this woman was allowed to come and try and HARASS me into buying photos, I sat sobbing as she told me I would regret it etc etc as I tried to say no. Luckily my DH eventually turned up and told her where to get off, but when else would a sales rep be allowed in a hospital to try and force a person with mental health problems into buying something? It just wouldn't happen else where.

My fifth, I wasn't there long enough.

I am not sure I could cope if and when I get a rainbow baby.

And as for them selling your details on, yep, those details they sold on were used to bug the hell out of me no matter how many times I told them my daughter had died. The distress added to my journey because of Bounty, can not be described.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I really liked the Bounty rep she was very considerate and came back just before we got discharged. The photo's were so expensive but I got a snap fish offer from bounty 1 month later and printed them for £5 lol

Am I the only one who never got a bounty rep person? Glad I didnt though looking at some of your posts

Mine dropped a bag off but that was it, no mention of photos let alone a photographer.... did get a follow up phone call trying to get me to buy books, but told them I wasn't interested, wasn't going to be and they havn't called back... glad I was lucky. That was at Jessops, Sheffield...

I hate them. With my last baby, Joshua died just after midnight at 13 hours old, had a sign on my door saying no one to enter without permission from ward manager. She barged in and demanded to know where baby was so she could take his photo. Not impressed doesn't even cover it. This time they came 3 times, twice when I was eating my lunch (so much for protected meal times) so my food went cold, 3rd when I was trying to feed. Pushy sales reps shouldn't be allowed onto a hospital ward x

This is why they shouldn't be allowed, makes me very angry to read this.:growlmad:

They didn't do photos for us im not sure if they do at the hospital i had LO. After reading stuff on here about them I was geared up and ready to tell them where to go, I also told hubby not to get sucked in by them lol.

The woman came in before visiting hrs whilst I was trying to BF after having ZERO sleep the night before. Said she needed to take my details (spelt my name wrong) and left me the pack. Didn't tell me why she needed my details and being tired and in pain I stupidly gave her my email I use for important stuff. Had I have known I was going to be bombarded with junk from them I'd have told her I am already signed up to their website. I now get two email boxes full of crappy junk mail!

What also annoyed me was another woman came the day after bounty lady and tried to get us to have hand and foot moulds taken! I'd had enough by this point and wanted my own bed in my own house with a proper door and lock compete with doorbell!

Whhhhhaaaaatt??!?!?! Nothing like that happens here in New Zealand.

This is freaking insane, why is it legal? Tasha and Lexi, I'm so so sorry you had to go through that.

I would have thought that any risk that mothers who have lost their babies might be further distressed by this would make it illegal purely by default but honestly I think even the harassing of exhausted mums is disgusting enough.

I would have been fucking furious if I had had some sales rep trying to guilt me into buying photo packages or sign up for advertising while I was trying to get my baby to latch or just get an hour or two's sleep.

Ya I gotta say, I'm in Canada so I'm not really sure what this is. So your saying after you've given birth someone comes to your room to sell you stuff and take pics of you LO??

Honestly...regardless of how good or nice if this ever happened here I'd be furious. As a new mom all I want is space and peace to recover..and sleep and to heal and have my privacy. If someone walked in trying to sell me anything wow....ya that would never fly here!!!!

We do get a phone all usually a few days after our baby is born from this photography place who comes to our home and takes newborn pics IF your interested...but in the hospital room AND selling stuff...never in a million years!!

Not being from the UK, I was confused and thought they were banning Bounty paper towels! I was sooo weirded out. For the record, I would be very pissed if a random woman barged in to take photos! Our security is very high here, and they wouldn't be allowed in!

I don't telly remember if I had a positive or negative experience with bounty. We had photos takes but it wasn't bounty, all they then did was take our address and post us the sample and we could choose what we wanted. I think it's the same company that does the schools. At least we could make our own decision in or own time. I defo don't remember the pressure.

I'm glad some people have had positive experiences.

I am also very sorry to lexi and tasha and atomic pink for their negative experiences, did any of u complain?

I know it may b the last thing on ur mind br according to the article their complaints are relatively low. Bounty (as a company)at not think they are doing anything wrong. If more people complained about their negative experience, and also complain to the hospital So that the individual is aware these negative experiences can b avoided?

Luckily we don't have that over here, we have EU mom packs, but you fill in a form and pick them up whilst pregnant, it's easy to inscribe from their emails and I've never had any phone calls.

:hugs: tasha and lexi they really really shouldn't be allowed to get away with that, I'm surprised that the midwives let them come into you :hugs: xx

Fortunately my OH was there when the bounty lady visited, I'm sure she just called out "Bounty!" and pulled the curtain open. She gave me the free pack then asked if I wanted photos. I told her no as my brother does photography and was going to take some for us. She then went on a ten minute questioning spree/lecture about what kind of photos he did, was he professional, did he have a studio, if he did wedding photos did he have insurance cos you know, ypu can be sued for ruining someones day by taking crap pictures!! We let her say it but looking back should have told her to bog off. I've never had any cold calling from.other companies though.

Girls, I'm so sorry you had such an awful experience after losing your LOs!! I think they should have an allocated time to be at the ward reception and you have the option to go see them. Xx

Oh I feel really sorry for people who have had bad experiences. I have to say my bounty lady seemed quite rushed and did make me stretch across the bed to hold my LO's hand and I had just had c-section. I could have refused obviously but I was exhausted and not thinking straight. I was looking forward to having the pictures done though as I had seen friends bounty photos. I totally treasure the picture now, so tiny and just a few hours old. I think it would be a shame if it was dropped all together but think that bounty need to review their policy so that new mums get a better service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->