Came off the pill today - last minute decision

Coconut bird

Reaction score
hello everyone,

I am a very new to all this, but me and my husband are going to try for a baby in April this year. I had thought I would just stop taking the pill when the time came, but then I started reading all this stuff on here about preparing your body for pregnancy a few months beforehand, so this morning I decided to stop taking the pill and let my body resume its natural cycle, and just use condoms in the meantime until we are ready to conceive. I am really confused about the vitamins though, there are loads of posts about taking some 3 months before, but I looked in Tesco today and got totally confused. Is it ok to just take folic acid when we start trying? Or should I just start taking it now?

Thanks for your help. Also, is anyone else WTT till April?

:happydance: next step to TTC :D i think there are afew people TTC in april :D id start folic acid now if i was u :) good luck

Its advised to take folic acid a few months before your TTC :thumbup:

Hello! We're starting to TTC in April too! :flower: I started on folic acid at Christmas, i think that was just because I'm paranoid following an earlier mc last year.

When we decided to start trying, a few months before I started taking Sanatogen pre natal vitamins which contain the recommended daily dose of folic acid. Then once I fell pregnant I switched to the Sanatogen mother to be ones.

Good luck!

X

I came off about a week ago as a last minute decision too, exciting isnt it! x

congrats hun :happydance: i would start taking it now :D

its a good idea to start taking folic acid before hand and it wont do any harm. im going to start taking folic acid and multivitamins 3 months before ttc in june as my pill runs out in march.

I agree, start taking it now as it won't do any harm. As for coming off the pill, I finished my last pack in June last year and was planning for us to use condoms for a couple of months to let my body get back to normal as you say. When it came to it though I couldn't be that patient- I got a BFP on 1 August and am now 7 months along, perfectly normal pregnancy :) I seem to have ovulated on exactly CD14, so apparently everything was working normally as soon as I came off the pill- was quite surprised to get a BFP so quickly!

Whatever you decide, best of luck :flower:

congrats for coming off the pill :flower: as the other ladies have said its a good idea to start taking vitamins now, pregnacare and sanatogen do really good pre-natal vitamins that you take before and during pregnancy :flower: its also a good idea to cut down on drink and caffeine because they are two things known to affect fertility :flower:

Thanks for all your advice ladies, this is such a great forum, so glad I found it. I will be starting the folic acid asap!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->