can 3d US mistake baby gender at 11 - 12 weeks ??

mera.mera

Reaction score
I got my NT scan i'm 11 weeks +2days but US showed me at 12 weeks .. i guess it was 3d US the picture was brown and he showed me the blood flow in the umbilical cord colored red and blue so dunno if it's color doppler or 3d??
Anyway he told me it's a girl and he is sure 95% .. ay chance of mistake??

12 weeks sounds very early for gender identification. I'd be cautious I think!

I'd say a big chance of mistake. They look very similar at that stage.

Last time I had a scan at 12 weeks, and the sonographer said she was pretty sure of gender but she wouldn't say because she's seen too many be wrong at that early stage.

I would hold out til your 20 week scan (if you have one) before you start making purchases!

12 weeks sounds very early for gender identification. I'd be cautious I think!

I'd say a big chance of mistake. They look very similar at that stage.

Last time I had a scan at 12 weeks, and the sonographer said she was pretty sure of gender but she wouldn't say because she's seen too many be wrong at that early stage.

I would hold out til your 20 week scan (if you have one) before you start making purchases!

I start to say it's a girl although i'm wishing a boy ,but you guys made me doubt again!
Can it be wrong although it's 3d ultrasound?? My next scan at 15 weeks so if it was a girl i consider this sure? We here in egypt get ultrasound every 4 weeks

Hi
In uk even private clinics don't like to say before 16 weeks. I'm pretty sure at 12 weeks there's very little difference to look at between girls and boys. I'm sure he's experienced but I'd still be cautious that early.
Xx

At that stage girls can look like boys. Its way to early, your looking at 16w before you can tell between the 2.

Mera if it's a newer machine it could be very accurate. My Dr. Has a new machine and can tell at 12 wks with 98% accuracy....

Mera if it's a newer machine it could be very accurate. My Dr. Has a new machine and can tell at 12 wks with 98% accuracy....

Yeah he is very experienced and had a new machine .. you did know the gender before at 12 weeks and was right?
However .. you remember me? We were in the ttc thread how is every thing with you? We made a private group in facebook for all october buddies we talk there everyday if you would like to join add me on facebook and i'll add you to the group just search [email protected]

I had a scan at 13 weeks and I clearly seen mine were a boy and a girl! I mean, I seen his bits and didn't see them on her haha. (Didn't know how else to write that LOl) I think he could have been right from my experience. Xxx

I had a scan at 13 weeks and I clearly seen mine were a boy and a girl! I mean, I seen his bits and didn't see them on her haha. (Didn't know how else to write that LOl) I think he could have been right from my experience. Xxx

Hahahhh i couldn't get what you mean except the part of he could be right LOL

It's just development, boys and girls CAN (I suppose not always) look very similar before 16 weeks. I would not start buying until at least a 16 week or later scan. My cousin was told girl at 16 weeks (no idea what type of ultrasound) and it was definitely a boy at 20 weeks. Definitely a boy at birth too!

Yes dont start getting your hopes up yet. At 12 weeks the genitals as still very hard to tell apart. Only really really experienced sonographers have a chance at a good guess. Your baby still has the genital nub at that time. Most times by 16 weeks its very accurate. Anything before then is just by luck but can easily be wrong.

I hope this helps
https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Hshaha sorry!!! I was pregnant with twins. At my 13 week scan I clearly seen that he was a boy and I assumed she was a girl as I didn't see any willy! The babies were lying great so we could have a good look..... Not sure why I didnt write it like that in the first place lol. Does that make more sense haha xxx

Like the others have said tho, it isn't definite yet for so keep ur fingers crossed xxx xxx

Hshaha sorry!!! I was pregnant with twins. At my 13 week scan I clearly seen that he was a boy and I assumed she was a girl as I didn't see any willy! The babies were lying great so we could have a good look..... Not sure why I didnt write it like that in the first place lol. Does that make more sense haha xxx

Like the others have said tho, it isn't definite yet for so keep ur fingers crossed xxx xxx

Hahahah got it now thank you dear

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->