Can anyone help with a broken Bugaboo (Bugaboo don't want to)

i just opened my chameleon frame and two clips on the left side are broken

my cham is 2.5 years old and out of warrenty

bugaboo usa don't carry spare parts apparently . now i know the what the solution to the problem is , i can speak to the office with some conviction ,
they apparently don't offer service or any aid ..

will keep you up to date

We have owned a Bugaboo Cameleon for around 2 and a half years now, and have only just encountered the locking problem described in previous posts.

Fortunately our pushchair chassis was locked in the upright position meaning it was still usable but unable to be folded into the boot of the car.

Anyway, having read this thread we contacted the Bugaboo Customer Care line on 0800 587 8265 and explained the situation. They immediately agreed to send us a new chassis.

We have been told that all we need to do is:

• send them our proof of purchase
  • a covering letter stating serial number & explaining the nature of the fault
  • photo or video evidence of the fault

We don't have our original receipt, but on contacting the retailer they have been able to obtain a copy using the Bugaboo serial number record.

We're outwith our warranty period & 1 phonecall appears to have been sufficient in finding a solution to our problem.

I'll wait until we are in receipt of the new chassis before heaping my praise on Bugaboo, but so far so good!

Best of luck to everyone else concerned.

I've also managed to get to the broken clips.

James - you said you managed to get new ones made up. Is this fairly simple? If any one has spares I would be very grateful!

R.

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Bugaboo and customer service doesn't want to replace it.
What a shame !
Any repairshop in Belgium? or do I need to ship this to London.
I'll give it a try to repair it myself.

Ah, makes more sense. I thought it might be something to do with google.

Just as an aside, can you tell whenever anything on the forum is linked elsewhere? xx

Ah, makes more sense. I thought it might be something to do with google.

Just as an aside, can you tell whenever anything on the forum is linked elsewhere? xx

A bit late in answering, but yes, most of the time :)

Bugaboo are in the business of selling prams not fixing them I'm afraid. I have a 2006 model with the same problem. I contacted the company and they had no interest. So I contacted - Bart - who said he could fix it (on this thread) as I live in West London.

Fantastic job all fixed up in a day at a fraction of the cost of replacing the chassis. If you have this problem and you live in London - go see him!

Bugaboo Cameleon chassis repair !!!
I'm living in west London and can repair Bugaboo Cameleon chassis with lock on the possition problem.
I can also elp with most other chassis problem.

Regards.
Bart

I have also spare locking clips (those small metal pieces) to replace, made by myself with hardened materials. I'm already sold over 150 pcs on ebay and used a lot of them to repair prams. I have also some of other parts which often going broken.
Call me or ask here and I will try to help.
Regards.
Bart

I have also spare locking clips (those small metal pieces) to replace, made by myself with hardened materials. I'm already sold over 150 pcs on ebay and used a lot of them to repair prams. I have also some of other parts which often going broken.
Call me or ask here and I will try to help.
Regards.
Bart

Hi Bartek can I get a link to those clips on eBay. I'm originally from Ireland but and currently in the USA for the next year and our Left hand side has just yesterday started acting up. I haven't opened it yet and have emailed Bugaboo but dont expect them to do anything. If I can get my hands on spare clips I should be able to replace them.
Thanks, W

wcarrey: sorry, but I can't let links on this forum yet. But on UK ebay you can find: " Bugaboo Cameleon / Gecko locking clips spare for fix" just put this on search engine and you should find me :)
If any problem send me an sms and I will try to help.
Regards.
Bart

Looks like Bugaboo USA is sending us a replacement chassis so no longer need the at the present minute but I've got the ebay link saved for future reference.

Thanks Bartek.

hiya if you go onto the facebook bugaboo page there is lots of ladies on there that know everything about bugaboos! im sure this can be fixed i remember some1 having the same problem think it needs unscrewing or something but best asking on there but as u got it in 2006 i suppose u have had quite abit of use from it! (as u would expect with their price tag tho!)

* posted b4 i saw above post.....

Bugaboo customer service is appalling. My 2009 bugaboo brake cable snapped, and after over a month of back and forth with bugaboo customer services in amsterdam, they want me to buy a new chassis off them for £250 because I can't find my receipt! Very sad to see that I am not the only person who has had negative treatment. Very angry that such an expensive product is now totally useless because of one part that clearly has a common fault! I wont be spending another penny on anything to do with bugaboo.

They have showed themselves to be a company just interested in making money with a complete disregard for the safety of the children that are in their pushchairs. Not once did any of their representatives express any concern for my child who was in the pushchair at the time the brake snapped! It was lucky we weren't on an incline near a road - awful!

I find it very odd that they have replaced some chassis and not others. Customer services seems to be very inconsistent in the way in which they deal with customers.:nope:

:coffee: We bought a Silver Bugaboo Cameleon in June 2012 from Babies 'r' Us in Brisbane Australia. It was on special being last years stock Original price was 1899 then 1599 then further reduced 1399 and finally to 1199. I think it is the 2 year older model first sold in USA exclusively for Neiman Marcus. THought it would be great quality. Bought it for our infant son whom came 3 months early -was due in August but came in may. We still had time to shop around as he spent 3 months in hospital. When I unpacked it I noted a broken clip on the seat but wasn't fussed as we would be just using the Bassinet. Love the super smooth glide action of the wheels and easy turn. Not long after, brake started to click even though brake fully released an parallel with chassis etc. THe handle clip looked dodgy on the bassinet and I told my Partner not to use it. Didn't sit evenly in the hole. A lot of pressure on very small surface area. We washed the fabrics after a few months of use and the smell that came from the fabric after a gentle cold wash was abhorrent. We had to hang them outside off the balcony in winter. a small 2 storey townhouse was permeated with this disgustingly foul, toxic odour. Even 6 months after the fabric had 1/20th of the potency of the smell. You would go to small mothers' rooms and people would seem to look curiously around for a smell. We always use a cotton blanket under bub in the stroller, but his hair would smell of this foul odour anytime he was in the pram. I have Googled and Googled and found 2 other similar experiences, one with the denim fabric. What do they use in this disgusting PVC fabric. Might be the binder for the dye. Contacted bugaboo and told them of all the problems. They said they would refund. 1 year on they have reneged and only offered to replace seat harness and the fabric and a new carry handle due to a recall. they state that they recalled the handle voluntarily - not due to any complaints of injuries. This is contrary to many Government sites saying over 50 complaints and a minor injury.

At any rate, we have found these Made in China Bugaboos to be terrible. The customer service is nothing short of disgusting. They lie, are slow and sod you off. Offer you something and expect you to take it and shut up. their product may be consistent with a few hundred dollar pram but not one of the prices they charge. It is not fit and proper for its purpose and is not consistent with expectations. For this price you would expect a made in your own country pram with nice non-toxic natural fibres for the fabrics. Will never again buy a Bugaboo. We have a Strider Plus Compact and it has been great. The first wouldn't assemble but it looked like the frame took a big dent in transit. After 6 months the real bearing is a bit noisy, but other than that - awesome. So we have a Tribuneral hearing soon and taking the ever so unhelpful Karen Mitcherson and her Bugaboo Australia to court and hope to get justice force Bugaboo to give us our money back or a partial refund at least..

Hi I know this is a old post but can anyone help I have a bugaboo ant 2019 brought of someone they lost the proof of purchase they only used it twice so vgc and I've used it 3 times and the handle is faulty and the chassis is clicking and making noises everytime I use it , bugaboo refusing to replace it because I have no proof of purchase I registered it myself for warranty but won't do owt unless proof of purchase what can I do :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->