Can anyone help with info?

shirlls

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone can help me with info on this? I had 2 early mcs at 5/6 weeks and then had a successful pregnancy. My LO is now 14 months. I think I might be pregnant again (very early, 2ww not even up yet) but I was wondering if anyone knows if the risk of mc is any lower once you've had a success? I know the risk is always there, but not sure if it might affect it.

Thanks in advance x

Hi, Im honestly not sure but I would recommend taking a low dose aspirin a day. My doctor told me that the low dose 75mg does absolutely no harm and works wonders. You should read up on it. If you've had two miscarriages you may have borderline high blood clotting.

Shirlls - I have had 2 consecutive miscarriages and am hopefully pregnant with my rainbow. Unfortunately the miscarriage rates do not change, however, they are as good as anyone who has not had a loss. Miscarriage stats don't lower until you have had 3 miscarriages w/out a live birth in between.

Regarding baby aspirin - I would highly recommend talking to your doctor before you take it. I know that a lot of women are on this regiment and the risk is minimal but there is risk. Studies also show that women taking it have the same success rates as those that don't. Most likely it's just coincidence that the pregnancy is successful. The only time a difference is reported is when a blood clotting issue has been detected via blood tests and the patient takes both baby aspirin and heparin shots (blood thinners) 1-2ce a day. It's something you should decide along with your doctor, not on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"