Can anyone help with this

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
I always ovulate, usually on the same day each cycle or there abouts. Since I started tracking cycles six, almost seven years ago I haven’t once missed ovulation except for when I have been pregnant.

My current chart isn’t showing any sign of it having happened, yet Christmas Eve I had my usual excruciating ovulation pain most of the day, which usually indicates ovulation happening between that day and the day after. I didn’t do any OPKs this cycle because I was so busy, I just didn’t think to do them. I had ewcm for a few days leading up to Christmas, as usual. My sex drive disappeared a day or two after Christmas, as usual after ovulation. My temperatures don’t reflect ovulation but all other signs do.

We had all been unwell with something just before Christmas, I had taken a lot longer to recover than I would if it had been a cold, two weeks I was unwell for, I was convinced it was covid as I completely lost my sense of smell and taste but I tested negative, so I don’t know. Can illness generally mess with your cycle? It hasn’t done before for me, everything has still happened as and when I expected it to… until this cycle. Any ideas? Unsure what to expect or when to expect af. Screenshot of my chart so far

E81AA91E-F78E-4F54-A5F9-04EEDF05787A.png

Lots of things can mess with your cycle, and even if you are typically very regular, it's perfectly normal to deviate from the norm every once in a while, especially if you are ill or stressed. I'd say the pain you had is likely when you ovulated, so go with that date.

I agree with Pink Rose. It’s perfectly normal to sometimes not ovulate - I’m sure it’s a one off. See how it goes next month.

Hi love.
Yes illness can delay or even stop you ovulating that cycle.

I had covid in July and then didn’t ovulate until cd20 which is supper late for me.
I’m normally like day 13, but since we been ttc this time it’s been anything from day 11 to day 20 (but that was after covid)

I then went on to ovulate at my normol time the next few cycles.
But then I had flu at the very end of September going into October . I was unwell for almost 3 weeks and terrible fever on and off for 5 days. After I recovered from that I had a very partial bowel blockage. (Hideous pain)
I kept on doing opks and they kept getting to about matching and then going faint again. Like they just wouldn’t peak.
I did feel like I ovulated at one point as had the ovulation pains etc. but my temps stayed flat. I didn’t ovulate that cycle at all. That was In October.
Made me worry a lot esp with my age I thought all sorts.
Anyway I did go on to ovulate the following cycle after (November) but a little later on cd18. I also ovulated this Cycle on cd15.
So it was definitely illness that stoped me ovulating in October.
Weirdly even tho I didn’t ovulate my AF still showed bang on time.
Now 11dpo and out again this cycle so now waiting for AF again.

I haven’t caught again since I had a miscarriage in early June.

I hope you do get to ovulate love but if you don’t it will be the illness. Did you have a fever ?

Just wanted to say I’m sorry you have been unwell too. It’s horrible being poorly.
Hugs love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->