can anyone recommend a good book?

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
i need of a new book list, especially now hubby is off on tour i need something to do in the evening, other than housework and watch tv

open to anything, anything is worth a shot right :)

:flower:

Some of my recent reads:

1984- George Orwell.
The Catcher in the Rye
Bridget Jones and Bridget Jones the Edge of Reason (in prep for the 3rd book next week)
Notting Hell (tounge in cheek view of families in Notting Hill- I found it a good read as I grew up there!)
The shopoholic series by Sophie Kinsella

I recently read Pines and Wayward by Blake Crouch, really creepy and I couldn't put them down. The 3rd book of the series is due out next year... I only just discovered him on my Kindle but I really like his style of writing - am reading another of his just now - Abandon which is really good too though too creepy for bedtime :haha: For bed I'm reading Just Kids by Patti Smith - it's brilliant :) Have more Blake Crouch lined up on the Kindle, his short stories and novellas are great as well.

ETA there's a good books thread here already somewhere! :flow:

Old Kingdom/Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix!

Some classic and modern classics you MUST read:
- Catcher in the Rye
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Noughts and Crosses. Okay this one is a kids book. I read it at 11. But it's really gripping the first time and it hits hard.
- Atonement
- Middlesex
- On the Road
- Of Mice & Men
- Harry Potter series, if you're one of the total weirdos who haven't read them :haha:
- Call the Midwife. Okay not a classic, but I read this after watching the series and it's just a beautiful book.
- The Time Traveller's Wife
- Cancer Ward

There is a thread here that is useful for good books

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/general-chatter/1685755-books.html

Time Travellers Wife
The Lovely Bones
One Day
The Five People you Meet in Heaven
The Memory Keepers Daughter
The Kite Runner
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Boleyn Inheritance
The Other Boleyn Girl
Valley of the Dolls
The Snow Child

Are some of my favorites.

Ceclia Ahern books are amazing!

Recent books.... I like the look of the new Dan Brown one, sounds good and I liked his other books too.

A Cuckoo Calling looks like a good book too, its written by a man called Robert someone but its actually J.K. Rowling in disguise!

Let's Pretend This NEver Happened by Jenny Lawson. If you like memoirs, aren't easily offended, and don't mind the f word, it will have you in stitches! I don't know that I have ever laughed so much while reading a book!

My favourites are

Memoirs of a geisha
Gone with the wind
Pride and prejudice
Captain Corelli's mandolin
The curious incident of the dog in the night time
The book thief

And for a laugh any of the Terry Pratchett discworld books, especially carpe jugulum, maskerade and Thud.

If you haven't read the Game Of Throne books yet they are really good!

Also White Oleader by Janet Fitch, Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth series are really good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->