Can anyone recommend books/cds/dvds about hypnobirthing and visualisation

readytotry

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm only in second tri but am really keen to have as natural a birth as possible and have become interested in hypnobirthing and visualisation. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to take a course for financial reasons and because I am moving from East Anglia to Wiltshire at 7 months. I was hoping some of you might have some experience of this and would be able to suggest some useful resources that I can use at home to learn more.

Thabks in advance,

Catherine

The only thing I used was the hypnobirthing book by Marie Monagan (sp) which came with a CD. I downloaded a couple of other tracks from a website as well but I can't remember the name.

Thanks clarsair, I had looked at that one on amazon but it had mixed reviews. Did you find it helpful?

The Gentle Birth Method by Dr Gowri Motha is a fantastic read and sounds just the thing you're after. I got my book, visualisation cd and labour cd for 1.99 off ebay. you may be lucky so its worth having a look. you can join the program at anytime. good luck xx

The Gentle Birth Method by Dr Gowri Motha is a fantastic read and sounds just the thing you're after. I got my book, visualisation cd and labour cd for 1.99 off ebay. you may be lucky so its worth having a look. you can join the program at anytime. good luck xx

Thanks Jpops that looks great!

Thank you for posting... I've been searching never too sure whether to buy or not... Recommendations help :)

Thanks clarsair, I had looked at that one on amazon but it had mixed reviews. Did you find it helpful?

I did - in fact I then passed it on to a colleague who went on to have an unmedicated birth using the techniques, so hopefully it helped her as well! It's quite 'American' in parts and to get the full benefit I think you'd need to have a birthing partner who was fully 'into it' as well but if nothing else, the visualisation and relaxation techniques were really helpfull.

I did - in fact I then passed it on to a colleague who went on to have an unmedicated birth using the techniques, so hopefully it helped her as well! It's quite 'American' in parts and to get the full benefit I think you'd need to have a birthing partner who was fully 'into it' as well but if nothing else, the visualisation and relaxation techniques were really helpfull.

Thanks again. I'm not sure my husband is too convinced at the moment but I've got a while to work on him. I think he's a bit worried he won't be able to do anything to help me so it might be easier for him if he can be of some use!

Thanks again. I'm not sure my husband is too convinced at the moment but I've got a while to work on him. I think he's a bit worried he won't be able to do anything to help me so it might be easier for him if he can be of some use!

My husband wasn't into that sort of thing at all but I think he found it a good excuse to get some peace from my complaints at the end of the pregnancy - nearly every night he'd tell me to go and listen to the CD on my iPod upstairs so I could relax!

hiya i have marie mongans book which is really good, although i didnt get a cd with mine. ive also got maggie Howell effective birth preperation CD which im really enjoying. however as i was planning on a natural hospital birth its the hospital and birth centre version. there is a home birth one which i may get. but i dont know how different it will be! in 40 min track they mention the journey and the change in environment for all of like 2 minites!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->