Can babies have a "routine?"

S

Serene123

Caitlyn, for the past 5-6 days, has slept, 1-2am untill 8-9am and I love it. I'm so afraid of it changing back now as I'm used to getting sleep. Absolutely dreading the teething stage!

Is it a routine or a fluke?

Yes yes yes. They thrive on a routine! Best to put her into a routine that works and then stick to it religiously (not with military precision though)!

Dec has been in the same routine since he was 2 months, he got himself into it and I never tried to change it. Babies love to have a routine so if she gets herself into one stick with it.:happydance: Hope it sticks, nothing better than a good night sleep xx

Babies/Kids need and thrive on routine. Good for Caitlyn for having such a great night time routine. :hugs:

when is best to get into a routine?

xxx

I think she is in a routine because I let her sleep in bed with me/us now and she knows when it's bedtime! I wouldn't force it yet though.

At this stage you're much better letting them get into their own routine. Enjoy

Sam seems to have found his own routine - he'll wake up when we get up in the morning, and fall asleep at the same time every night. Feeds and poos at the same times too - and doesn't ever sleep during the day :rofl:

We didn't try to get him into any sort of routine but I'm not going to try and change anything as we're getting lots of sleep! x

I agree, they fall into their own little routine. They feel secure with a routine, but as said.. don't be worried about sticking to certain times always, let her lead you.

She slept 11.30pm untill 8am!!!!! I was expecting her routine to get worse with the breast feeding but it's so much better. She is so alert during the day. I'm a happy mummy right now!

Great stuff Toria! Lovely that baby is doing well!
My baby was such a bad feeder that I was under instruction not to let him sleep through the night without at least 2 feeds - until he was about 3 and a half months (which is when his weight was good)! Was hellish having to wake myself up, then him and then breastfeed a v. sleepy baby! But now he sleeps 8pm - 7am (and DH takes the morning shift) so it's Happy days all around!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Lucky you! Grace wakes around 2, 5 and 7 for a feed. I hope she starts sleeping through soon, I'm shattered.

Well done toria! You've done so well with her, she's such a cutie and always looks very content and happy. Bella found her own routine and now sleeps from 8.30pm to 8am! She gets really grouchy if we don't start getting her ready for bed by 8pm. Let her tell you what she wants when she wants it and you'll do just great

ahhh how good is sleep again lol?
well done cailtyn and well done mummy for following her lead and letting her get into her own routine :hugs: your doing brill Toria x

I think mine is a night owl....sleeps all day and awake from 2am-8am!

10pm untill 8am every night now. Although she does cry out a few times due to her tooth coming through, but she's litterally crying for a minute tops and then back to sleep.

wow your so so lucky! Lily is still a nightmare at night, the other night she woke 6 times from 1-8! Crazy, see some nights she sleep from 6-12 but then its every 1-2 hours after. I thought about weaning her early because shes so big for her age, but im wary because my HV said she doesnt need the extra calories, and I dont wana make her too big, shes got a big double chin already and me and oh are large peole and I think god everyone must think we feed our baby chips!!!

Very lucky! I always thought we were coz Seth only wakes up once or twice. I think Id panic if he didn't though lol

What a good girl you've got :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"