can bh lead to something worse?

emeeorevan

Expecting Miracle #3
Reaction score
I know what I'm supposed to do when I get bh ( lie on your side,preferably left, drink at least two glasses of water, and see if goes away) but what if it is impossible to do that?
I have had bh since 20 weeks but its getting totally real now.
at work im getting tightening of my belly down low. It takes my breathe away and sometimes I double in pain but I can't stop. There is no laying down or even sitting down! I teach, (im the only adult in a room full of little kids) if I sit they come to me and start getting loud/rowdy. I can't always teach from the chair. And the chair/sitting down doesn't help. The bh were still there just further apart. :'( They are not timable and not contraction like pains (they are more dull aches that come on fairly suddenly and subside but no real peak. )
lots of pain inside deep cervix area (if that makes sense)
I drink water, hot tea and eat ice at work to get my liquid which is quite alot as I have to run to the bathroom frequently but that's also an issue ( I have to hold it alot too so I can find someone to cover my class)
I don't want little girl here too early but I just don't know how to handle this at work! I can't afford to take time off before baby or I won't have the paid time off after baby!!

can bh really cause preterm labor???

Also, is it common to get nauseous when you get bh? I had a strong round last night in bed and ended up getting sick. Then at school today when they came on and tried to walk i became so nauseous!!

I'm not sure if this helps any, but my last pregnancy I had such strong BH for weeks on end, just as you describe.... I'm a hair stylist and on my feet 24/7, one night they seemed too strong to be BH.... They ranged between 8-11 min for 2 hrs straight so I went in .... They were still considered BH since they weren't getting closer, but they caused me to dilate slowly over the weeks.... I went in at a 1 that night..... They gave me an Iv to stop them, I ended up dilating to a 4 by 36 wks.... Somehow I mAde it til a day before my due date.... Nobody thought he'd make it anywhere near!
You know your body, for me I know I'm over doing it when it gets bad .... When you don't have a choice when it comes to rest you just do your best ! Drinking lots of fluids is the best thing you can do in your situation.... My dr told me the same, must keep drinking water non stop !!

Since they're sometimes taking your breath away and such, as you mentioned above, then I would probably call my provider, just to see what they say.

But otherwise, as PP said, keep hydrated. Rest when you can. :hugs: It's hard, I know with my first it was hard when I'd get BH and couldn't lay down or prop up my feet to try and ease them. But your provider may have a suggestion for what may help you, since you are with a room of littles and cannot leave.

When I started getting them often, my OB said that I shouldn't worry, unless I had more than 6 in an hour... I think I was quite close to that (also one would start and just stay for an extended period of time). Was also told as long as they go away, it's fine... one of those "gee thanks" things, as you don't really know until the end!

I noticed they are worse for me when I'm trying to stand/move with a full bladder. For me, a support brace also helped with various pains and somehow decreased BH while walking around...

Thanks ladies. I know it really is one of those things we sometimes have to suffer through (especially while working or be somewhere ((like with a toddler)) that you can't lie down)
I was just getting scared. Its my third and with #1 arriving at 37 weeks and #2 arriving at 38 weeks I don't expect to go much past 37 weeks. I'M always on my feet and working. They do go away IF and when I get a chance to sit but I'm just wondering how much of this my body can take before they actually cause dilation or effacement. 37 weeks is getting close (I'll be 32 on Monday) and its getting a little scary.
today I had an episode where I was walking down the hall and all of a sudden a bh "contraction" came on and I swear it felt like an urge to push!!! (kinda like you need to poo but not in that area, if that makes sense. I've had two ds's vaginally so I know what the urge feels like)
my next appointment is Tuesday so I'm just trying to make it till then. I'll mention everything but do you think the benefits of asking for a cervical check would out weigh the risks?
I swear that there is something happening there but if I get checked could that cause more problems?

I noticed they are worse for me when I'm trying to stand/move with a full bladder. For me, a support brace also helped with various pains and somehow decreased BH while walking around...[/QUOTE]

thanks. They are worse with a full bladder. I do use a support brace, I've had one since 20 weeks when I pulled a muscle running to check on a kid who faked getting hurt after jumping off a slide.

I was literally just coming on here to make a post about this exact issue. I did mention it to my Dr at the last appointment and she said as long as there aren't more than 4 an hour.

Seems as though since Tuesday they've consistant. I timed them today and they are, every 20-30 minutes. So while it isn't more than 4 an hour it IS consistant and has been this was for 24 hours now. I only work part time. Yet when I work I'm on my feet the entire time. I'm a hairdresser as well. I've also had headaches the past few days.

Blood pressure has been fine just the 'contractions.' And headaches. I noticed its consistant no matter what I do. Work, rest, exercise, flood my system with water. They come like clock work.

I know when I was pregnant with my son I had this as well. Started at 22 weeks (same again) and right up to delivery. Midwife actually thought I'd go early. I didn't. But when I went into labor I completed skippe the first phase. I went into labor at transition and then he was born. It was so fast. Soooo.... If this is the same pattern then I won't complain.

Keep us updated as I'm curious as to what your midwife says!! I'll sit here with my gallon of water!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->