Can I ask, If you had a C-section, was it emergency or preplanned, and why?

flubdub

Reaction score
Just wondering really. I have never had a section, but on here a very large number of women seem to have had them. So I was just wondering, was your section emergency? Or planned? And if planned, how did you come to that decision?

Mine was an emergency due to pre eclampsia. I was then offered a second when I was pregnant with my little boy but declined and had a natural birth instead :cloud9:

I had an emergency c/s after a failed induction at 39 weeks due to not feeling any movement.

Mine was supposed to be a planned C-Section as Kate was breech. I went into labour 2 days before it was booked so it ended up being an emergency one.

Mine was an emergency after a failed induction for pre eclampsia and foetal distress

mine was an emergency as a result of failed induction at 37 wks due to placenta complications

Oh, so most c sections seem to be emergency? Thanks

Another emergency section due to failed induction at T+5. Although, I had 'only' been in established labour for 6.5 hours before they took the decision, following an examination the Dr decided I wasn't able deliver Harry naturally; he was 8lb and I have a small pelvis.

99% of the time, medics will always try to deliver a baby vaginally rather than just book a section as it is much, much safer.

I had a planned c-section (so glad you said planned as the term elective makes it sound like I wanted it done) at 39+1 as my 39th week fell on a bank holiday so I had to wait an extra day! :dohh:

I had a c-section primarily due to a breech baby and they would not consider turning him due to having a high-risk pregnancy but they did not think an ECV would have worked anyway (low ish levels of fluid, tight stomach muscles and a stubborn baby). I definitely did not want a c-section, in fact my first choice was a natural homebirth and my second was to have it in the midwife led unit. By the end of the second trimester my pregnancy became high risk and I was switched to consultant led care and told my labour would be in a bed on a drip and monitors and I would likely need a epidural to keep my blood pressure down. However the midwives seemed to be preparing me for the idea of needing an emergency c-section when I went into labour anyway. So when I found out my son was breech I was not exactly under prepared for the idea of a c-section but I did live in hope he would turn himself (or they might consider a ECV) so I could have attempted a vaginal birth.

From what I have read and being told, most c-section are emergency c-sections and most planned ones are for women who had them in previous pregnancy. Although my hospital do 3 or so planned ones a day so I would imagine a fair few of them must be because of high risk pregnancy's. :shrug:

I had an emergency c section due to my daughter getting very stuck in the birth canal, and after a failed ventouse- not nice at all

i had mine after 3 attempts of being induced. They asked me if i wanted to wait and try again or have a c section. I went in because of pre eclampsia. I was told different things so opted for a c section. I'm diabetic so might of had one any way if i hadn't gone in early x

I had a planned section as my LO was breech and a failed attempt at an ECV.
My waters broke 16 days before my planned date anyway and so ended up being an emergency one..
x

We found out my LO was breech at 42 weeks. We decided on a C-Section as we were told by my consultant that they were not at all comfortable or confident with delivering a breech baby vaginally. Also, they suspected that because of his positioning (i.e. - practically up near my throat!) I wouldn't go into labour naturally. ECV failed, so that was that really. We had planned a home birth, and I was pretty gutted to be honest!

mine was emergency after 3days of failed induction at 40 + 10 ! x

Mine was an emergency at 40+6, after 31hours of labour i had only reached 7cms and LOs head was swollen! Consultant didnt want to leave me any longer incase baby became distressed!

Mine was emergency. My water broke at 5 am, they tried to induce me but I didnt have any contractions or dilation after 18 hrs of induction. Baby was in distress, & I had to go for emergency CS

Mine was elective though why they call it that when they don't give you a choice is beyond me. Eamon was breech :)

I didn't have a section, although it was close- I was polyhydraminous and Daisy wasnt engaged and was estimated at 10-11lbs. When I was discussing it with the doctor, she told mr that one in five women at my hospital have an emergency section :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->