Can I ask, If you had a C-section, was it emergency or preplanned, and why?

Mine was elective though why they call it that when they don't give you a choice is beyond me. Eamon was breech :)

Yes, I completely agree! It really annoyed me for a long time afterwards when people would say 'oooh it was elective then was it...' Well, yes - technically, but I didn't have much of a choice! I prefer the term that's written on my notes - a 'non-scheduled C-Secion' :)

Chloe was born by crash c-section under general anestestic due to fetal distress at 34+6 weeks. I wasn't even in labour, was being monitored for reduced movements.

IF (big if!) we ever have another baby I would hope to have another c-section but hopefully it will be planned and I can be awake and OH can be there (OH was at home so missed it all too)

Mine was planned due to high risk pregnancy. My baby had no amniotic fluid and was breech so couldnt be turned.

it did end up as an emergency though because i went into labour 5 weeks early.

I am having a planned section with this pregnancy too xx

When I was discussing it with the doctor, she told mr that one in five women at my hospital have an emergency section :shock:

It's something like that at my hospital too but they deal with all of the high risk pregnancies in a huge area (can't remember how big though!).

Emergency c-section after failed induction at 42 weeks.

Mine was emergency c-section for failure to progress at 40 + 10. Think Thomas's whopping 99th centile head might have had something to do with the failure to progress!!!

I had mine planned for me, god knows why they call it elective it wasn't my choice!

Nicholas was breech and in a funny position so they wouldn't even attempt to turn him. He tried turning a few times on his own but a previous surgery scar always stopped him going all the way down. Fascinating to watch him try though ;)

emergency due to failure to progress after 3 days established labour!!! x

emergency due to foetal distress and failure to progress, I got to 3cm after being induced due to pre-eclampsia

Mine was emergency under GA at 33+2 after 9 weeks in hospital due to placenta previa. My c-section had been planned for 36+3 but I started bleeding very heavily and 70 mins later my little man was born. So so glad I was in hospital already as I lost 2 litres of blood.

Mine was classed as an emergency but neither of us were in distress. I had a failed induction for gestational diabetes. Got to 4cm after two days.

I had a planned section with both Taylor and Katie both because they were breech.

As Taylor died i had to deliver her naturally and breech which was fine.

Katie was delivered by the planned section. The little sod decided to go head down 10 mins before she was delivered but it was too late and the surgeon had begun.

But all in all it was a good experience.

V xxxxxx

mine was emergency c-section with my lo due to lo heart rate dropping to 6obpm from failed induction

I had an emergency c section due to pre eclampsia and then I developed eclampsia. I would of had to have a c section anyway because twin 1 ( Poppy) was breech. Next baby I am def having a natural home birth though xxx

I was to have a scheduled c section at 38 weeks due to placenta previa - the placenta was completely covering the cervix, and a natural birth would have been pretty much impossible (and a good chance of one or both of us not making it). However the placenta ruptured at 35 weeks and I ended up having a crash section. A crash section is a beyond emergency - 'emergency' is used for any unplanned section. Crash if where the life of mother and child are at immediate risk.

I don't think many people who have 'planned' sections do them because they want a section (or the fabled 'too posh to push'). Most of them are planned in that there's a reason for a section that's known long enough in advance to schedule the section.

Emergency due to foetal distress, he was back to back positioned so ALL my labour was affecting him (and was ridiculously painful for me!) including 2 and a half days of false and early labour. Was pushing for 20 minutes when they made the decision.

Mine was a stage 3 emergency due to back to back labour and him being big for my frame.

I did get to 9 - cms though

I was 2 weeks overdue and was induced but didn't dilate or have any contractions, so i was given a c section 3 hours after being put on a drip, glad i was really as bubs was 4.5 kilos!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->