Can I ask, If you had a C-section, was it emergency or preplanned, and why?

i had an emergency c-section. i was induced and the baby was not moving down, they found out the cord was wrapped around his neck twice, so that's why! :flower:

Emergency section after 2 day induction, 3 hours of pushing and 2 attempts at forcep delivery due to babk to back (posterior) position!

emergency. Baby had a heart rate of 170 at the beginning of labour which was getting close to 200 when she was born.

I had a c-section and it was planned.It was planned because LO was breech.xxx

Mine was an emergency due to placental abruption

My c-section was planned bacause I have a narrow pelvis. Even though my little man was only 6lbs. 14oz, the doctor still said there would have been no way I could have had him vaginally.

Mine was an emergency due to fetal distress as my labour was too fast!

I had an emergency c-section after 20 hours of labour, as LO got stuck in a back to back position and even ventouse and forceps wouldn't make her budge.

I had a C-Section due to slow progression :(

Myn was planned due to palcenta previa @ 39 weeks

Mine was emergency after a failed induction dur to sever pre eclampsia and hellp syndrome.

Mine was emergency. I failed to progress past 7 cm after my induction. I had hypertension and the babies heartrate kept dropping to deadly levels so they got her out as quickly as possible. I was on oxygen the entire labor. It was all quite scary. :(

I had an emergency c section after 2 days of induction at 38 weeks due to gestational diabetes. They managed to break my waters on the third day and I laboured for 10 hours but after 2 hours pushing the docs made the decision for me to have an emergency c section as she hadn't moved far enough down (she was back to back and a biggie).

Mine was an emergency, my cervix was not dilating past 4cm and it was fully effaced but then started to thicken up again and the baby's head was starting to swell, so i was thrown on a trolley and wheeled into theatre and it was also found that he was stuck in a really awkward position in my pelvis which meant there was no way he would have come out naturally.

my 3rd baby was an e c/s i had low platelets and was induced and it didnt progress quickly enough and the baby got in distress,

Mine was an emergency section due to fetal distress during a non stress test.

Mine was planned due to Obstetric Cholestatis at 37 + 5.

Kinda planned. 3 days after my due date I went to the doctor and was showing no signs of labor. And also my baby was guessed at almost 10lbs. So my doctor gave me the option to try and wait it out, be induced, or just schedule a c-section.

And I chose a c-section cause I really didn't wanna try and wait it out. So 2 days later I was said to have my LO.

I did go into labor that morning, but after 8 hours and being only 1cm dilated we still went for the c-section.

I'll probably ask to see if I can do it again when I chose to have another baby. It didn't totally suck.

My LO was born at 41 weeks by emergency C section due to foetal distress following 28 hours of labour.

Emergency after fetal distress and failure to progress (and having my waters be very full of meconium). I went into labour the day before my induction (so 11 days after my latest EDD, 15 days after my LMP EDD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->