Can I ask, If you had a C-section, was it emergency or preplanned, and why?

i have had 2 sections. my eldest was a crash section under general after 36 hours of labour only getting to 2.3 cm even though i was contracting ever 90 seconds for 60 seconds (so only getting 30 seconds between contractions) and a uterine infection which was passed onto the baby after my waters broke 22 hours previous to the section even with 4 hourly anti-biotics.
he was in nicu for 4 days and both of us were on anti-biotics and he had trouble feeding coz he kept being sick after swallowing muchonium.

my second was planned but i wanted a naturalk birth but my now-ex refused to be there or even be in the same country as me and our eldest unless i had a section.

oh and they were at 12 days overdue and 6 days early.

Mine wasn't necessarily an emergency but a decision was made versus time passing and the conditions worsening. I had meconium in my waters but when they gave me the pitocin, the baby's heart rate kept dropping. The doctor wanted to be safe and do a section sooner than later and put the baby at risk.

Woww how interesting to hear all your stories ladies.

I had an emergancy c/s as they found out when i was 7cm (still at home) she was breech. By the time the ambulance got me to hospital i was fully dilated and her bum was out!! however they refused to let me push and try to deliver naturally, due to the young midwifes lack of training and experience of breech birth! Therefore they cut me open and pulled her back up and out! lol

We found out my LO was breech at 42 weeks. We decided on a C-Section as we were told by my consultant that they were not at all comfortable or confident with delivering a breech baby vaginally. Also, they suspected that because of his positioning (i.e. - practically up near my throat!) I wouldn't go into labour naturally. ECV failed, so that was that really. We had planned a home birth, and I was pretty gutted to be honest!

Aww I can totally sympathise with you there. We had planned a water birth at the local birthing centre, and as you can see from my post above we had a similar experience. I can say I am still gutted about it now :growlmad:

I ended up having an emergency c section. My waters broke 1 day past my due date and contractions started so I assumed I wasn't far off having my little girl naturally but 3 days later I was still having strong contractions but only 3cm dilated and just being fobbed off by the midwife led unit. Finally I spoke to someone at the main hospital who told me to go in right away to be induced as it was dangerous that my waters had broke 3 days ago.
I was put on a drip and the contractions got faster and stronger and I eventually needed an epidural which managed to get me to 7cm. But by then I was feeling all the pain again and after 3 top ups the anethatist finally checked my back only to find out that the tube had slipped out and was no longer in deep enough. By this time the pain was unbearable and after a few more hours I was still only 7cm and the registrar wasn't happy to let me go any longer and so I was rushed down for the c section and had to have a spinal block. Me and my baby were both put on an antibiotic drip as a precaution due to the risk of infection and she was in scbu because of this for 2 days. We finally left the hospital after 5 days. My doctor and registrar both told me that it was purely because the midwife led unit kept me hanging on and on that my baby ended up in scbu and had they referred me to the main hospital as soon as my waters broke that it wouldn't have happened!

I havent had a c-section yet but my consultant has booked me in for 7.30 on march 1st. I have to have one because when i had my ds i had a 4th degree tear which was not nice, didnt realise how bad it was til i researched when i got home. Im really worried about it!!! Did everyones go ok?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->