can i ask

loop

Reaction score
What do u think about baby signing?​

urrm I don't know anything about baby sigining and don't think I have time or patience with toddler and 6 month old, It does look and sound really good though. There is a show on cbeebies called something special which does alot a signing urmm not sure if this is the same signing as baby signing but Summer loves and Jack is always fascinated so may be worth taking a look X

I think its great, and have already bought some books to teach him or her. I already know alittle, When I was 10 I useto babysitt for a deaf couple, whom had hearing children, all were signing before they could speak and it was so cool, they could tell you what they wanted etc etc.

I started to do it with Bethanie and bought some books etc.. never really followed it through though. She did the milk sign but that was about it. I think it's a really great idea.

Got the book if anyone is interested in buying it off me.. pm me.

I took Ella but I think she wastoo young shewasnt very interested and we never carried on with the group, but I think for older children who arent talking it can be good. Ella is a good talker without the signs, but I think maybe if they learn signs they may use it instead of talking ? not really sure ??

Lauz, I read about that in one of the books I got. I think it's alright as long as you don't sign alone, rather than signing WHILST saying the words with it.. the important thing is to keep talking! Apparently, the more they talk, the less they want to sign - eg they just get bored of signing because they don't need to. This sounds about right to me, hope that helps!

ahh right I see, I guess its good the days before they cant talk they can get frustrated when they cant communicate with you so signing must help, maybe even less tantrums xx

Yep, definitely less tantrums. Type baby signing in youtube for example, there is a video of this little girl telling her mummy she feels like crying (she signs by running her finger on her face if I remember correctly) and signs that she wants a cuddle. It's so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->