Can I be honest here?

LadyHutch

HutchMom
Reaction score
You know, I really, really like drinking beer. And cocktails.

We hadn't really been trying to get pregnant this time, since we haven't had a lot of luck keeping the buggers in there. I keep dropping them between 5-8weeks.

But every time I either TTC or get pregnant, I quit drinking. As soon as I found out this time, at 13DPO, i immediately quit.

Its been all of 5 or 6 days now and man, I really....I MEAN REALLY...want a beer. Like I'm some kind of serious alcoholic, craving a beer.

And its nice outside...sunny, warm. I live right by the beach. Got a nice patio. A beer would just about make my day right now.

Ok. I'm done. I was just hoping if i got it off my chest I'd feel better. But no. Still want a beer. Not gonna have one, mind you, but damn if I really don't want one.

I know the feeling! I just gave birth on March 1st and had intended on having a frozen mudslide, but before I could, bam.... Pregnant! I would kill for one again, but I shall wait, yet again... LOL

LOL! I know the feeling! I was craving a beer like something crazy the other day. And today I was thinking about how nice a margarita would be.

Technically any damage you do to cells before 8 weeks can repair themselves lol. I wouldn't risk it though x

I really wanted a mikes hard lemonade today... Well more than once since becoming pregnant really. lol it being summer, and having a wild toddler, a cold drink at the end of the day sounds MARVELOUS!

I know the feeling. Love beer and mixing my own drinks. I really miss the taste some days. Just want a taste......

Yes!!!!! Me too! Except for me it's fancy cocktails. Prior to getting pregnant, hubby and I used to mix up all these experimental refreshing drinks with fruit, herbs, and fancy liquors, and I miss it so much! And the thought that it's going to be another 7 months until I can have one is utterly depressing. It was easy when I was feeling sick 24/7, but now that I'm feeling a little less nauseous, I really miss drinking! :wine:

Maybe for your beer fix, you could drink an O'Douls or some other kind of non-alcoholic beer. I know it's not the same, but it might help.

I miss wine.... so I drink a glass of sparkling grape juice sometimes and pretend it's wine. Lol

Mmm...I could really go for a margarita! Or a long island iced tea! Or just vodka... I am not much of a drinker, but damn if I don't want one so bad right now!

A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was drinking non-alcoholic vodka just for the flavor. At least that's what I was telling everyone. It really wasn't non-alcoholic. In my dream I was pregnant and felt no remorse. Waking up, I felt guilty that I even drank in my dream!

...Even though it made me want it more hah!

I had my 2nd pregnancy in South Africa. I craved wine like no ones business when I was around 20 weeks. I confess I had a couple sips. Baby is great btw. Lol. Not saying go for it but I get the crazy cravings. As far as this pregnancy. I wish I could drink water for Petes sake. Sigh

I hear ya! Friday after work, myself and the other teachers at my school were out on the playground supervising our students, and everyone was like, "Beer time!! Oh wait, not for you...hahaha." and it actually made me kinda cranky because it's 40 degrees where I am, and I had been craving beer (just a sip or 2) for days. I don't mind beer, but I'm more of a wine drinker usually...now that I'm pregnant, I crave beer though, and have no desire for wine at all. Weird!

I want malibu & coke! Something nice and sweet. 36 weeks and counting lol

Switch cocktail for a mocktail. Whether it'll hit the spot i dont know.

Tell you something very odd, few mouthful of larger had stopped me feeling sick, when youve got HG that is pretty amazing.

I've been craving fruit cider, I know the feeling! Sunny weather just doesn't help.

I'd been feeling ok about not drinking until I read this thread :haha: now I could really fancy a white wine!!

Its pimms and lemonade I'm dreaming of!! Really wish I'd made the most of it last year after i finished breastfeeding my dd. Sigh, oh well there's always next year (or following year if bf again!) xx

I've had a couple of sips here and there! Had half a glass of champagne at Christmas too... Feeling like a rebel! :)

with DD i was about 6 months during the summer and hated I couldn't have a cold beer, so had a 'fake' (non alcoholic) one. They did help when hubby was relaxing with a beer. Then after DD was born, i didn't want to drink, just in case something happened, so carried on with fake beer. I just drink that now as prefer it to real beer!

UGH yes, I know the feeling and I'm not even a big drinker. My SIL posted a picture of her by the pool with a margarita and I was so jealous, I've been craving some kind of sweet alcoholic drink. I even thought about going out and getting a virgin drink just for the taste.

i must admit i have had the same little craving but only for a nice cold Jack&coke! ... ohh ladies, lets be strong together hehe!

our bubbas are worth it all ofcourse :)

goodluck & happy pregnancies ladies <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"