Can I eat medium steak?!!

Moolia

Bfp 26/1/11 :)
Reaction score
So I'm off to dinner with my DH to tonight and I really fancy a steak. Is medium ok? Bearing in mind that the restaurant we're going to has a Michelin star!

I would - but that's not based in any research at all sorry. It'll taste better that way. Have a good night anyway :)

I wouldn't risk it Hun. Advice is all meat should be cooked thoroughly when pregnant x

I read somewhere on the internet that as long as the steak has been seared all over that its fine to have it pink in the middle.....but i must admit even after reading that i would prob ask for a medium to well done (rather than my norm medium rare) mmmmmm could just eat a steak now!!

OMG!!! WHAT!!! If the post about the searing on the outside thing is true i am saaaaaved! i love steak and have really been wanting one, even medium well where it is barely pink in the middle would be fine but chargrilled leather boot is defo not nice lol

think i will do more research on it i defo wouldnt risk my normal medium rare but if i can do med well i will be one happy lady scoffing steak, mushrooms, chips, salad . . hmmm dribble dribble dribble

Toxoplasmosis is caused by the parasite Toxoplasma gondii. It may be transmitted via raw or undercooked meats or in cat fecal matter. Toxoplasmosis causes mild, flu-like symptoms in pregnant women. There is 30-40 percent chance she will pass the infection to her baby. Infection in babies can lead to visual, hearing, or central nervous system problems.

Just found this when googled it says avoid rare or med rare - doesnt say anything about medium or med well! yes! med well is much of an improvement on chargrill it please lol

i read something about not eating uncooked juices you wont get much juice coming out a med well and dont get alot from a medium! you have no idea how happy this has made me! i like ALL the bad foods so am struggling to fullfil many of my cravings!

To avoid toxoplasmosis:

•Make sure you fully cook all meat
•Try not to eat rare or medium-rare steak or hamburger
•Avoid ingesting any raw meat juices when cooking foods

ladies according to my doctor no pink meat is allowed during pregnancy which doesnt help me as i love mine rare nom nom nom that and dh would kick my tushie if i tried lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->