Can I get your opinion or a tweak? :)

AnnieeA

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!

I've had an unusual few weeks... Last month my DH and I DTD probably every other day (withdrawal method), and the first thing that made me wonder if I might be pregnant is that I got brown spotting on Dec 27(I’ve never had spotting between periods). Then I thought I wasn’t since on Jan 2 I thought I was going to start AF, but it was just pink discharge for half the day. I then woke up the next day to a little more (light flow) and it continued and stopped the next day, then I had a little brown-ish spotting. So I got a weird 1.5 day AF? This has never happened to me and I am super regular (every 27 days on the nose- AF for 5 days). First thing I noticed was that my breasts hurt a lot, and I had mild abdominal cramping a week before and 4-5 day after my weird “AF” (not even the day before or day of like usual). Another really unusual thing has been moodiness- one second I can be laughing then I all of a sudden start crying. I’ve had really bad headaches and dizziness, constipation and gas, which makes me bloated. And my DH just pointed out to me the other day that my nipples and areolas seemed bigger than before.. And he is not a perceptive man! Lol!! I am not symptom spotting either cause we aren’t yet TTC.

I’ve read online that some women sometimes just can’t get clear positives on urine tests, and need to have a blood test to confirm it. I have an appointment with my doctor for next Wednesday, but I took a test last night with a 5 hr hold (picture attached) and I see something- but I’m not 100% about it..

I’m super confused and I just want to know so I can either start taking pre-natal vitamins and folic acid, and start getting ready, or just stop worrying and get on with it.. :)

Thanks for the advice & tweaks!!

Attachments

• 5EBcUCrJPhzO4WwPJ4E3or7eLcsSWpxx_lg.jpg
    5EBcUCrJPhzO4WwPJ4E3or7eLcsSWpxx_lg.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 8j0RfWtgtYbubSWpUO2doQrlvNLaJ3YR_lg.jpg
    8j0RfWtgtYbubSWpUO2doQrlvNLaJ3YR_lg.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 31
I can definitely see a faint line. Sounds like you have implantation bleeding. I had the same plus insanely sore breasts with my first pregnancy. All your symptoms sound promising for early pregnancy signs. Good luck!!

When are you expecting AF? If you are pregnant and have enough HCG in your system, it WILL show up on a test. It may just be too early for you or you are just not pregnant at this time. MOST women get a faint :bfp: no earlier than 11DPO (That's assuming they know the day they O'd. You usually only know that if you temp/chart or have an U/S). Sometimes all the way to 14DPO if there was a late implantation.

It's never too early to start taking prenatals. In fact most docs recommend it before you even start trying.

I can just make out a line,
some people just get late positives, my sister didn't get hers till she was 7 weeks, my mum was 12 weeks pregnant with me when she got hers

Normally if you were expecting AF around Jan 2 you'd have a really super clear line but it seems it's not impossible either that you don't get a positive with a urine test...

I don't think I see anything on these tests. The brighter one might have something? I guess only a doctor's visit with blood test will confirm!!

I was in a similar situation but ended up not being pregnant. Anything new concerning your pregnancy??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->