• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

can i give chilli con carne to my 6 month old?

porkypig

Reaction score
Obviously without the chilli powder that I like to put in though xx

yes. you could put some chilli powder in though, just a little for seasoning, not blow your head styly!

Yes!
I add a little chilli powder, take out LOs portion then add more!

If you think it's a little spicy you can add soured cream :)

I don't think I would, I mean chilli contains mince - I don't think I would give a baby of that age red meat as it's difficult to digest as it is. I just don't see it as a meal for a baby.

Interested to see what others think though!

Yes of course, they can eat whatever u do providing its not junkfood :) or whole nuts or honey b4 1.

I was going to mix it in the blender with a little boiled potato perhaps. I remember the hv saying at 6 months they can have whatever we have apart from the stuff they you're not supposed to x

I just give as is with a little amount of rice, if I'm doing something with mince for the whole family I tend to slow cook it as it makes the meat so tender and just falls apart in your mouth :)

I remember my mam saying with me whenever she made a roast dinner she would take the smallest little pieces of meat and blend it in with the veg mash and gravy bit we're talking tiny amounts.

At least it's a decent meal you're thinking of! :)

I remember my mam saying with me whenever she made a roast dinner she would take the smallest little pieces of meat and blend it in with the veg mash and gravy bit we're talking tiny amounts.

At least it's a decent meal you're thinking of! :)

Well shes already tried;

Parsnips
Sweet potato
Broccoli
Carrots
Cauliflower
Apples
Pears
Bananas
Blueberries
Raspberries

Meals:
Pasta stars with chicken stock
Turkey with brussel sprouts, carrot, parsnip and gravy
Chicken with apple, onion and sweet potato
Cod loins with sweet potato

And I'm making chilli con carne tonight so just wanted to check if she could have it and I'm guessing yes! X

What do you do about stock cubes and the salt content? L

I'd just make a separate portion with reduced salt and spices. I make LO lots of stews and his recipes are without the added salt and he loves them.

I have allways gave Niamh what we have with no alterations. Shes been eating Chilli con carne since she was 6 months with the same amount of chilli powder, paprikia, herbs and tabasco sauce as we do. I dont add salt to any of my cooking so the salt from a stock cube in her portion will be minimal

What do you do about stock cubes and the salt content? L

I buy the heinz baby ones and only put one in, or better still,if I make chicken, take the stock from that when making her food. Tonight, I'll still put beef stock in, but take her portion out, and add mre salt and pepper after if necessary x

Mmm yes! My LO has loved spicy, flavourful meals from day 1! He def prefers them over bland meals for sure.. Chili is one of his favs!

Red meat is important in a baby's diet and there's nothing wrong with adding spice to it :) x

From 6 months I would and I have. DD loves it! Go easy on the spice but by all means put some in. DD had thai green curry tonight, I added a little full fat milk just to take the edge off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->