• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

can i give chilli con carne to my 6 month old?

Update: she loved it! And I didn't change the recipe! Just didn't put any extra salt in. Success! X

How did you give it her? Was it blended? I tried my LO with chilli just as is, let her mash her hands into it and whatnot, but she just seemed to gag/choke every mouthfull. My husband got so upset at watching her struggle, he ragged her out the chair and said there was no way she was having it any more.

I'd follow that up with some gas medicine, though!!!

My son has never had an issue with eating anything so I just let him eat whatever lol

How did you give it her? Was it blended? I tried my LO with chilli just as is, let her mash her hands into it and whatnot, but she just seemed to gag/choke every mouthfull. My husband got so upset at watching her struggle, he ragged her out the chair and said there was no way she was having it any more.

Put it in the mini blender so it looked more like a paste but she's only just six months so I haven't started giving her lumps etc, I'm not sure how old your lo is xx

Gagging is totally harmless. Choking (silent) is dangerous. Baby led weaning is very interesting!

https://www.babyledweaning.com/

Chilli is my sons absolute fave thing ever, we just put a bowl in front if him and let him go mad. He literally couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough!

Ladies I know this is an old ish thread but I'm making chilli tonight and want to make some for lo and probably freeze some. Do you mix with rice and then freeze or make the rice fresh when you next use it?

We don't eat it with rice but rice freezes well.. As long as its not frozen for too too long. If its for a such quick meal I'd freeze it with some rice but if you have time to prepare fresh rice obviously tastes a wee bit better :)

Thanks ladies. Made some fresh. Figured she can have either pasta or rice with the next ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->