Can I give juice to LO

GlamourPuss

Mum to Jennifer
Reaction score
....even if she is still taking milk? Plus can i give juice through her normal bottle as she hasn't got teeth yet ie no need for beaker just yet!!

I've given Colton juice in a bottle, although alot of people say your not supposed to.
Now he gets a sippy cup though, so he only gets it in his sippy.
Just because she doesn't have teeth doesn't mean she cannot take a sippy, although she is quite young for one, I think.. Normally people start giving sippy cups around 6 months-ish, I THINK. ?

I've given Colton juice in a bottle, although alot of people say your not supposed to.
Now he gets a sippy cup though, so he only gets it in his sippy.
Just because she doesn't have teeth doesn't mean she cannot take a sippy, although she is quite young for one, I think.. Normally people start giving sippy cups around 6 months-ish, I THINK. ?

Hi thanks, i thought she would be too young too but it is designed from 4 months so i gave it a whirl...its a Tommee Tippee one. She doesn't drink enough water for my liking so i thought i'd give her the Hipp mineral water with apple juice in it and she drinks that from a bottle, but not from the sippy cup she just spits it out...i just wanna make sure she gets her water!!:hug:

hi you can but that special baby juice from boots and tescos and stuff i think thats for like 4 mnths plus ... but its really up to you your baby your chose...xxx

hiya they do tommee tipee beakers from 4 months and baby juice, charlie had it at 4 months with a beaker and loved it he also didnt have any teeth xx

As long as it's 100% fruit juice it should be OK. And if she's willing to take it from a sippy even better! But I give Angelynn her juice in a bottle right now. Still working on her getting to drink out of a sippy.

i see no point in giving baby juice. They get nutrients from milk and are hydrated by water if milk isnt enough (usually it is if bfing). Fruit juices are bad for teeth, even pure fruit juices.
I wouldnt give it in a bottle even if she has no teeth as she'd get used to it.

I'm a mean mummy. Until he's a bigger boy it's water or milk in my house. Or very very watered down fruit juice. Like one spoon full in a beaker to give a slight taste. Bt really, there is no need.

Apparently they say not in bottle due to tooth decay. If you give juice it should be 100% and one part juice to ten parts water.

i thought you could use like robinsons squash ive been putting just tad in though its mainly water ???

I dont give juice too much as I was always brought up on milk or water :) but he will get some pure homemade juice once in a while

i agree with 1st_baby! i give water or milk only and def NO juice in a bottle! gets them into good habits, and if they are thirsty they will drink water, i do give juice but at partys and days out but not as a drink they can sip at all day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->