Can I hear the baby? - Doppler

Bladesgirl

Reaction score
Ok so I bought one for my last pregnancy and I know they say don't even try before 10-12 weeks I haven't been able to help it! I don't expect to here the heart beat so it's not upsetting me that I don't but what I can here if I hold it still is every now and again something go past? Is this may body or the baby? What I'm saying is do 6 week old baby blobs move around??

Highly likely to be your body. Don't forget you are near your bladder, your bowels, arteries etc.. Lots of things moving and going on!

Won't be long before you hear baby :)

You're hearing yourself. But that's great that you got a doppler. I loved mine.

My friend found the baby's at 9.5 weeks ! It was definitely babies , super fast galloping heartbeat :) so I'm trying to wait until around 9 to try mine

I hear baby's heartbeat at one side of my tummy then at the other side I'll hear something moving about which at first I thought was baby but it definitely isn't as the heartbeat is as the other end. Could be similiar for you?

It's your body. You aren't going to be able to hear baby yet. Try again in a couple of weeks.

Definitely too early to be baby. I couldn't hear mine until 9w6 days, I would wait until you are closer to 10 so you don't stress yourself out not being able to hear babes.

I found mine just before 9 weeks it did take a while to find and I put a pillow under my bum and drank lots... then it would takes ages to find it again... now I find it pretty quick now xxx

I don't think they can move around that early, I tried from 8 weeks but think I was around 10 weeks when I first caught it. He's always hanging around on the left hand side which makes finding it easier now but since my scan I'm not quite so obsessive.

Lots of practice helps, good luck!

Yes defo can't hear the heartbeat but I don't expect to! But defiantly some werid moving sounds down there if I stay still for 10 mins I can hear something come and go maybe 4-5 times not a heart beat more just something moving down there! Maybe it's just my insides! Wish I had listened to my mom pregnant body now to compare!

I found this one at 7+1, very fleetingly, only for a few seconds. Super early- with my last baby I was 8+2. Possibly found so early this time as we started with twins, so my uterus is maybe higher. Baby, so far, has always been in more or less the same place, and tends to stick to my right.

Ive been thinking of getting one this time round as for some reason I'm more impatient to make sure everythings ok but do they cause more worry? I'm 10 weeks

Ive been thinking of getting one this time round as for some reason I'm more impatient to make sure everythings ok but do they cause more worry? I'm 10 weeks

I'll be honest- they're a blessing and a curse! It's a reassurance to hear the hesrtbeat, but it can be tricky to find and when it's taking a while it can be really worrying. I'm only using mine a couple of times a week and trying not to become too reliant on it

I had spotting once around 10 weeks. I was terrified but tried and tried to get the heartbeat. After 20 mins I found it and didn't worry about the spotting. I listen in every few days and it bring immense comfort. If I didn't have it I wouldn't have been able to sleep or function from worrying about the spotting. It also helps me bond with the baby already.

It brought me so much comfort last time! I'm just impatient! I know deep down I won't be able to hear anything as only 7 weeks today but I keep hoping!!

I've just had to buy another doppler, I kept hold of mine and it basically is a bit rubbish - I think the kids have been playing with it. :haha:

My new one arrived only Friday so yesterday and I am so eager to try it out, but the problem is, I am what you'd call 'Fluffy around the edges' so it's a little harder for me. I'm hoping to find Pumpkin soon mind! Good luck finding yours!

i found my baby's HB a day shy of 8 weeks. my second baby i found a day shy of 7 weeks.

Found my last one at 8+1. Took lots of patience and the YouTube videos they have out there definitely helped.

I tried last night at 8+4 and had no joy. Still, I am rather 'fluffy' :haha:

I didn't know there are youtube videos to show you where, I'm pretty sure I was in the right place though I may try that tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->