Can I just say something to all of the teen mums around here

Im only 18 (19 when my baby is born), it's not to bad with my family as my mum was 18 when I was born and my mum and dad are still together but not married.
Me and me OH have only been together for a few months but he lives with us and the fmaily know him and get on well with him so it's really good. As I'm just looking fat and not pregnant at the moment I don't get that many looks but from people at work they say stuff like 'are you mad', 'are you sure you will cope'. To those people I just think, YES I can! I have the support of my whole family and I am experianced with kids. It's not as if I am going to be a bad mum just because of my age, I work hard at my job and I'm at college fulltime. It's very frustrating as when people insult me because of my age I think of the people who live off benefits because they can't be bothered to get a job and I know I won't be doing that....sorry to ramble XD

im 18 and walking round at 36 weeks pregnant people stare in disgrace it annoys me as im very short at only 5 foot nothing lol but have an older looking face people must think im only aboyt 13!!

especially when i go out alone i get stared at asif to say ha look at that little teenager single parent to be when that is certainly not the case and what would it matter anyway aslong as i care for my child! when me and my partner are out its a little different!

My 1st is due on the 26th december, 4days before my 14th birthday. I cant wait im so excited

m only 15. n im going 2 have a baby boy in 2 weeks. im reali scared lol. im new to this site n i would just like to say i tink it is brill. every1 is just so nice. i normaly lie bout my age but i just feel i dnt need 2 on this site i just love it :):)

Well done all mummys !!!! :) I was just turned 16 when I had my 1st and its been challenging at times but wouldnt give it up for a minute !!! Good luck to you all... :)

Good luck to you all, I think alot of teen mums (not all) but alot do a good job raising their kids

Hey, Id just like to say how amazingly strong I think you all are.

When I dont read the things youre posting, I get absolutely terrified of having a baby. But you all make me feel so much better. Im 17 but I look a lot older, so I think that IF I am pregnant, Im not gonna suffer from the dirty looks people give preganant teens (and young looking mums!)

All I can say is that the unexpected pregnancies cant be helped, so you should look to the future with pride as you now have a beautiful baby growing inside of you whos gonna love and look up to you forever and no matter what.

Be proud of who you are and dont worry about what anyone else thinks or says, coz once that baby is in the world, everyones gonna be so excited, happy and proud of you! They will all be there for you, and so will we on baby and bump :)

x

it's amazing how supportive everyone on babyandbump are. It truly is amazing to me. I wish there were more people like you guys!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

It makes me want to cry!!! :cry:

I pregnant with my second child. Im 16 and my babies will be a year and 2 weeks apart if my son is born on time. My daughter is amazing and I probably wouldn't be the same person if she wasn't around. I think us teen mothers don't get enough credit if we're doing the parenting by ourself which I am and if we have a job or go to school or both. I'm currently in high school hoping to graduate in 2009. I dont have a job as of right now but i will get one after my son is born. if any other teen mothers need support dont be afraid to talk to me.

:crib::baby:

Im 17 and having my first in 9 weeks and im really excited my parents and bumps dad are being very supportive of this exciting moment. Bumps dad is workin to take care of her and hes more excited than i am and cant wait till she gets here. He said he wants to be the first one to hold her and thats wat makes him seem more special to me but we arnt together at the moment hopefully everything gets better soon before she gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->