Can I just say something to all of the teen mums around here

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
I think you're all pretty much amazing for having kids at such young ages.
I see young mums wandering around shopping centres all the time and some cant be much older than 13-14. You all must be very strong to be able to cope with your babies when (without being patronizing) some of the mums are still babies themselves.
One thing I have been telling myself for a while now is 'if a 14 year old can do it, then so can I'- Some people may say having kids at such young ages is the wrong thing to do, but I can honestly say that I admire the lot of you, I don't know how you do it! x

Well done! x

I completely agree with you Louise!

Well done teenage mums!!

xxxx

aww bless. my mum had me when she was 19, and i have a baby boy and im only 19. all i keep thinking is 'if my mum can do it so can i'

technically im not a teen.. but i had 2 by i was 19 ;) lolwudnae change a second of it 4 anything!!!

i had my first when i was 15 a week before my 16th birthday

spunky xxx

I had Ella when I was 19 turned 20, 10 days later. I look so young and I hate some of the looks I get when I say I have a daughter, its got to the point where I dont like telling people I have a daughter becuase Im dont know how they will react!

my new GM said thats young to have a baby isnt it (he's lovely didnt mean it in a nasty way) but I dont think age matters, it is just a number it depends on your mental age and maturity. here's to all us young mums :)

Imnot a teen- Im 22, but I do look around 17 because of my very slim build and young face- I have had looks of disgust from alot of people, especially if Im out shopping with my dad or something. They think my dad is the father, and that Im only a 'child'. I have often had to say something to the people who critisize and judge me on the fact that I do look so young- this day and age, some girls are getting pregnant at 13 so why judge me, a 22 year old, for being pregnant?
I know how some of you girls feel and Im not even in your age group.

I agree completely, I don't think teen mums are given enough credit, they are just judged too much.

I got pregnant at 19, gave birth at 20 and I feel difficult sometimes, I notice looks that I get.

tilly, i just have to say i sat for ages while your photos of your lil beebs all flicked through, and shes so cute!!! its understandable tho cos shes gotta gorgeous mummy if thats you in one of the pics.

anyways, im 19, just, and i get horrible looks rom people for having a bump. it makes me feel crap sometimes, especially when im on my own. its not so bad when im with my boyfriend, people think its cute. but when im on my own its just horrible and i dont go out on my own much anymore because of it, which is stupid i kno, but im v emotional at the moment!!

tilly, i just have to say i sat for ages while your photos of your lil beebs all flicked through, and shes so cute!!! its understandable tho cos shes gotta gorgeous mummy if thats you in one of the pics.

anyways, im 19, just, and i get horrible looks rom people for having a bump. it makes me feel crap sometimes, especially when im on my own. its not so bad when im with my boyfriend, people think its cute. but when im on my own its just horrible and i dont go out on my own much anymore because of it, which is stupid i kno, but im v emotional at the moment!!
Hey, like I said in a previous post, dont bloody take any notice of the looks you get, I know its hard because you keep having to ask yourself 'have I done something wrong', but like I have said before, the majority of the people who look at you in 'strange' ways, are the older generation- it makes me laugh, it really does, because I can bet you anything, that if you went up to one of them and asked how old they were when they first had a baby, they will more than likely say they were around 16 years old, married at 17 etc:. My grandma had 3 kids by 19 and nobody batted an eyelid with her.
I get the funny looks ALLLLL the darn time, it annoys me yes, but theres nothing I can do about it. Theres nothing none of us can really do- just smile at them, or slightly shake your head, thats what I do.

Aww thanks thats very nice of you to say, and yes thats me in the photo with her. :)

Sorry didn't reply before, i've been away from here for a bit, but I understand completely. I used to get the same looks when I walked around, I still get looks when im out with Bethanie but you learn to ignore it. I know im doing the best job I can with her, she is so loved and spoilt.. so who cares what anyone else thinks?

Im sure you'll feel the same sure enough, those hormones can make you feel over emotional at times!

:)

I completly agree, i just found out that im pregnant, and im 21yrs, 22yrs in october, and i look about 16yrs, im happily married, and i, in general get looks from people, and get treated like im 16yrs. so it worries me about how im going to be treated when i start to show, and i've only got about a month before that starts to happen.

my problem is telling my family because i worry about their reaction, because i've also always been, 'the baby of the family', and they still treat me that way, its hard to grow up, when your family holds you back.

it seems like its gotten harder and harder to start a family if your younger than 25, you often get treated like your to young and dont know better. back in the day it was normal to get married and have babys at 14-15yrs. and now its frowned upon.

ive had plenty of friends that had babys when they were teenagers and i was always amazed at how well they handled themselves.

:happydance:congrats to all who are expecting, and that your not aloan,:hugs: your not the only one going through this, so stay strong.

I think you're all pretty much amazing for having kids at such young ages.
I see young mums wandering around shopping centres all the time and some cant be much older than 13-14. You all must be very strong to be able to cope with your babies when (without being patronizing) some of the mums are still babies themselves.
One thing I have been telling myself for a while now is 'if a 14 year old can do it, then so can I'- Some people may say having kids at such young ages is the wrong thing to do, but I can honestly say that I admire the lot of you, I don't know how you do it! x

Well done! x

aww thanks hun <3
I think that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said!

It's hard, real hard, but I worked through it, with a ton of support, but I am getting there!

xx

yeah I totally agree Kelly!
ppl in the old days, like medieaval and even victorian times were married by 16 and had babies, but nowadays people have conviniently 4gotten that, even though it was the same 4 their grandparents! both my nans ha babies aged 19

I agree with everything everyone has said here, you all should be really proud of yourselves!

Im 21 so not exactly a teenager, but all my friends are still at uni and I get some funny remarks and comments from them. But at the end of the day, they're probably just jelous because they're no where near as happy as I am :)

My great auntie is one of these people but its not just teen mums. Me and my cousin both have children out of wedlock, oh the shame, my cousin is 29, has 3 kids, they all have different dads but she is still with the father of her youngest and has been for the past 6-7 years, i have been with my kid's dad for 6-7 years also but she is disgusted with us. Yet her daughter can have a kid out of wedlock and it is the greatest thing ever, mind she's married now so that makes all the difference.

These people make me sick, why in this day and age do you have to be a certain age and married to have kids and be socially accepted? Aslong as you've got a good head on your shoulders what does it matter.

Exactly.

My grandparents were a bit upset because we arent married, but weve been engaged for a year now, and thats just their generation really. I dont blame them or hold it against them.

If they said I was too young, I wouldnt understand. 50 years ago it was expected of people in their teens and early 20s to be pregnant from what I understand. That shouldnt change, it should just be when its right for each individual :)

xxx

I can't tell my nan or my grandad and all I've been getting from people is "what are you gonna do just turn up with a kid in a few months?" Well, I really don't know but I just can't tell them. I really want to! I just can't :(

I know its hard hun, my grandparents reacted exactly the way I thought they would but I thought 'well, at least its out in the open and theyll be able to handle it byt he time the baby is born'.

Its just like ripping off a plaster :) They might even suprise you, you never know.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->