can i start to BLW?

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
my lb is 4.5 month old, due to drs advice for treatment of reflux & very hungry baby, i have started to wean my LB! i really didnt want to as i wanted to do BLW only!! the thing is, my LB takes stuff to his mouth, he opens his mouth for food, he swallows fine, holds his head fine, and whenever i put the spoon near his mouth he puts his hands in there like thats where the food is??
i have gave him a biscuit before and he ate it, no problem, he fed himself it too..

So can i start BLW now?

i will add that he cant yet sit unaided, he can sit upright if there is something behind him like a pillow or the cushion on the sofa, or even leaning on me, but just not unaided.

You know your baby best... I guess just make sure he is sturdy and strapped into his high chair nice and firm. I don't believe DS was sitting unaided completely once i started him BLW ... i just made sure he was strapped in nice and firm and supervised very closely lol.

thanks, atm he is just sitting upright in his chair as his high chair is packed away with us moving, i think i will wait until we move to try him and see how it goes

Yeah i would personally wait until i knew they would be strapped nice and firm in the high chair before i started. It might be just a little too risky if not....

Sounds like he is a keep little eater though which is good!

he really is, he opens his mouth as soon as hes swallowed whats n there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->