Can i still go into labour?

Mandyblur

Mum of 3 soon to be 4!!!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Had my midwife appointment yesterday which revealed that bubs has gone from 3/5 engaged to 4/5 engaged.

My due date is this Sunday and i'm now paranoid that because he isn't engaged that i'm not going to go into labour any time soon :(

Midwife has booked me in for a sweep on the 21st which makes me think that she doesn't think i'll be in labour any time soon either.

Any one any experience with this? I had my son and daughter at 38 weeks so never had to deal with any of this :wacko:

I heard with babies that aren't your first they are more likely to engage just before labour starts, so I wouldn't read into it too much hun. Good luck x

My first didn't engage Neil I went int labour (popped In and out 4 times!). I've also heard that subsequent babies are more likely to disengage. Totally likely you'll still go into labour. She probably just booked the sweep for her own records.x

I had a midwife appt at 3pm yesterday and baby was 1/5 engaged and my cervix was high, firm and closed.

My waters broke at 9am this morning (18 hours later) and I'm now contracting...so in labour I guess.

4/5 engaged means bubs is almost fully engaged? Or do you mean 4/5 palpable?

4/5 palpable is when mw can feel 4/5 of baby's head above pelvis. 4/5 engaged means 4/5 is below pelvis and only 1/5 can be felt above...

I've also heard that subsequent babies can bob in and out right until labour :) x

I had a midwife appt at 3pm yesterday and baby was 1/5 engaged and my cervix was high, firm and closed.

My waters broke at 9am this morning (18 hours later) and I'm now contracting...so in labour I guess.

Thank you for the replies everyone, i usually look forward to labour and find it quite an exciting experience but this has blown me well out of my comfort zone!

The post i've quoted has given me a lot of hope though! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->