Can I trust my blue dye BFP even tho negative pink one?

ohio-mom-of-2

Reaction score
Ok, on my other thread, several people thought my blue dye (Equate) test looked like a BFP.

Can I trust that the 13 positive blue-dye pregnancy tests I've taken were really bfp's even though I keep getting negatives on pink dye tests?

I'm still not convinced for sure because I've never seen a definite line on a pink dye test. Sometimes I "think" I *might* see a super-faint shadow on them and when I've inverted the pics of the pink ones, I see a line in the inverted pic. Does that mean it is BFP? Or do I need to wait and see if the line gets obviously "there" on a pink test or a digi?

I mean, it's *obviously* there on the blue dye test (darker than before...much easier to see). I'm going nuts. This is so confusing!

Is it that a "definite" blue line on a blue dye test can be trusted but a faint one can't? Or could it be that my darker, more definite blue line is a false positive?

have u got a pic hun ?? my gp told me theres no such thing as a false positive if its a positive then its positive! but u can get evaps but they dont tend to be very colourful xx

Here's the pic. (I think this is the one. I've got so many of them but I'm pretty sure this is the same one I put on the other thread.)

Attachments

• Oct. 21, 09 008.jpg
    Oct. 21, 09 008.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 612
if youve taken 13 of them hun i would say youre up the duff!! because of my distrust of blue dye tests, if it was me i would step away from the HPTs for at least 3 days before testing again with a clearblue digi. That should give you the solid answer you need <3

I don't want to be a downer, but i would say that if you've done 13 tests then you will have been doing them for a few days. Your HCG should have increased enough in that time for you to have an obvious result on both the pink and blue dye tests. If you're lines are still squinters after several days of testing then i would class them as evaps chick. I'm really sorry. That line does look BFP, but that's precisely why everyone here loathes blue dye tests. They are evil. :hugs:

I don't want to be a downer, but i would say that if you've done 13 tests then you will have been doing them for a few days. Your HCG should have increased enough in that time for you to have an obvious result on both the pink and blue dye tests. If you're lines are still squinters after several days of testing then i would class them as evaps chick. I'm really sorry. That line does look BFP, but that's precisely why everyone here loathes blue dye tests. They are evil. :hugs:

Yeah. I just didn't get why the pink dye tests were negative when the blue ones were positive. But then, I've heard that there is supposedly no such thing as a false positive. This is all very confusing.

The last blue dye test I did (two days ago) had a very visible blue line that came up immediately. But I think you are probably right and the pink dye tests should have been the same way. I also did a pink dye (Answer brand) one right after that one and couldn't really see a line on it.

If the blue dye ones really give false positives, why do they sell them?

I hate to be a downer but anytime ive ever taken a blue dye test (and i was not pregnant each time) I got a line like that or darker. They are awful for evaps and come within the time limit! I'd say if you get a line on a pink test or a digital then its for sure a bfp!

I hate to be a downer but anytime ive ever taken a blue dye test (and i was not pregnant each time) I got a line like that or darker. They are awful for evaps and come within the time limit! I'd say if you get a line on a pink test or a digital then its for sure a bfp!

Wow. So *every* time you've taken a blue dye test, you got a positive result? :wacko: I am really wondering even more now whether the blue dye tests even work at all! What, are they some kind of "placebo" test? It's such an emotional rollercoaster getting positives on them then negatives on others.

Honey I wouldn't trust a blue dye test at all. I had two positive clearblues in the past with dark lines turns out the were faulty.

XXX

I have to agree about the blue dye test. They're awful! I'd wait until you were a couple days late for AF and test with a pink dye test. Some women dont have enough HCG in their urine to test early, they have to wait until AF is late.

Good luck!

~*~*~*~

baby dust to you!

OK, so I'm late... but has anyone had an evap line with pink dye tests? I've had evap lines (3 of them) with blue dye tests last month. This link convinced me to get FRER, which was negative.

But this month, I had some strange spotting... upon reseraching, I read that it may have been implantation bleeding. I waited a week and then tested with FRER. I've got the FAINTEST second pink line. It's almost impossible to see... (but I didn't get that faint pink line last month).

Sooooo... has anyone experienced an evap line with pink dyes?? I'm sorry ladies, I'm such a mess!! LOL

i think that if you got :bfp: on blue dye, and actually you're pregnant, it maybe not because of false positives or evaps....

it hapeen to me too... i got 3 :bfp: on blue dye test, but at GP clinic, they use pink dye test, and it turns out to be :bfn:... dr said maybe i'm not pregnant, or maybe it's too early... .

few days after that, i went to see my OBGY and he said there's a lot of possibilities that you can get :bfp: even you're not pregnant... my OBGY almost diagnosed me that i'm not pregnant, i got :bfp: for all my testers because of my PCOS, he said that after he can't see the sac during 1st u/s... and ask me to come back and see him in next 2 weeks if my af does not show up... i felt so sad, but not giving hope, keep testing every 2-3 days... and finally i got confirmation from 2 docs that i'm pregnant... when they finally saw the sac & bb on next scan appointment...

you know what? i finally got :bfp: on pink dye test (the same brand that GP used), but it was very light, even i already got very very dark :bfp: from other blue dye tests...

i think that if you got :bfp: on blue dye, and actually you're pregnant, it maybe not because of false positives or evaps....

it hapeen to me too... i got 3 :bfp: on blue dye test, but at GP clinic, they use pink dye test, and it turns out to be :bfn:... dr said maybe i'm not pregnant, or maybe it's too early... .

few days after that, i went to see my OBGY and he said there's a lot of possibilities that you can get :bfp: even you're not pregnant... my OBGY almost diagnosed me that i'm not pregnant, i got :bfp: for all my testers because of my PCOS, he said that after he can't see the sac during 1st u/s... and ask me to come back and see him in next 2 weeks if my af does not show up... i felt so sad, but not giving hope, keep testing every 2-3 days... and finally i got confirmation from 2 docs that i'm pregnant... when they finally saw the sac & bb on next scan appointment...

you know what? i finally got :bfp: on pink dye test (the same brand that GP used), but it was very light, even i already got very very dark :bfp: from other blue dye tests...

how far along were you when you finally got your bfp?

Ohio Mom,

I'd try a different test. I havent had any bad experiences with blue dyes, but everyone on here seems to th ink they're bad. I'd trust the majority vote on this one.
I see the line, but don't know if its positive or not. Sorry I cant offer any help.
But I'll keep my FX for you!!!

I, too, have had positives on nearly every single blue dye test I've taken in the past two years. I'd say maybe only 3 or 4 out of 30 or more clear negatives. Some of mine have even been wide (not skinny.)

I have had evaps on pink tests, but they've never been pink and they never have shown up within the time limit. I had one FRER that had a definite pink second line, but that was after sitting in the hot car all day.

The problem is, even people who say that they got a faint BFP on a blue dye before they did on a pink test don't KNOW that it was a true positive and that the test was picking up HCG. it could have been just a faulty test. The absolute WORST ones are the blue dye in the clear casing. I've taken about 12 of them and had a line on each one - all of varying widths and darknesses.

Good luck!

Try a digi - they wont' lie =) Unless you're too early but they seem pretty sensitive..

Ha! I didn't even realize that. I'll leave my answer though, just for all of those google searches.

LOL....I didnt even realize the post was that old....LMAO
OOPS!

I am actually having the same problem. I took two tests that showed the faint blue line but then I took a First Response test and it was negative. I am about a day late for my period. I have been extra tired and eating a lot more lately. So, it's almost like I "feel" pregnant but the "more accurate" test tells me I am not. These pregnancy tests are just so confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->