Can my gyno tell I am FOR SURE going to start my period from a pelvic exam?

MamaBunny2

Reaction score
Had an appointment with my OB/GYN yesterday because my last menses was super short (2 days only instead of 5 or 6) and I had some concerns about my overall fertility since discontinuing the BC pill mid-May. This cycle has been a bit strange to me - short period, sore boobs, multiple + OPKs over a week apart so I'm glad he got me in for an exam.

To make a long story short, he says everything looks good with me and what I've been doing for the past few months is ideal, but encouraged me to relax and have fun with it then we would revisit in January. I've been so concerned about TTC and I agree it is good advice to just relax and 2 months isn't so long :coffee:

What is puzzling to me, however, is he said he would expect me to start my next menses in a couple days. I wonder if he said that based on my cycle information I gave him, or because he can just tell be examining me :shrug: My cycles have been 25-26 days, with a consistent 12 day luteal phase. I have been O'ing on CD13 or 14, but O'd on CD15 this month so maybe I'll have a 27 day cycle? Regardless, I'm estimating the :witch: to appear on Friday... Halloween. How ironic :haha: :growlmad: So his assumption would be accurate.

I am continuing to take my BBT until the end of this cycle before I throw out the thermometer, OPK and HPT for the next couple months. So... does anyone think it was just a guess on his part or can he really tell I'm about to start :af:?!?! I hope he's wrong :cry:

Your cervix changes before your period so he might have been able to know from that.

I have been Googling like crazy today trying to find an answer to this with no luck :nope: I trust his assumption... but a wee little part of me wants to hope he is wrong. I've been trying to track my cervical position the past couple months to no avail. I can feel that it changes, but deciphering whether it's open-closed or soft-hard is tricky. I'm so impatient!

I calculated that I would be a little over 3 weeks along IF I was pregnant.

May have found an answer:

https://www.babiesonline.com/articles/health/pelvicexam.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"