Can OPKs be wrong after mc?

ceejie

Reaction score
I had an mc about 5 weeks ago, and required 2 d&cs, one 5 weeks ago and another 2 weeks ago. The last few days I have been having CM, and today it is EWCM. Last night I also started having twinges in my ovaries. So, I thought for sure I am ovulating, but today my OPK was neg, not even a faint line, totally negative. I have PCOS and almost always get a medium darkness 2nd line on the opk but since my last d&c they have been totally negative, just one line.

So I am a little confused. Am I ovulating? Or is my body playing tricks on me?

Some women do ovulate the cycle following miscarriage but the majority do not. Your hormones are usually all over the place as the strive to regulate themselves again. Following my mmc in november I had all the signs that I was ovulating but then no af, was not using opks at the time as my hcg was still high this went on for 8 weeks until my first af then things settled down. The other thing is are you using the same opks as they come in different sensitivities I cannot get a positive with some brands as they have a sensitivity of 40miu I think.

Hi

I am in my first full cycle following mc (had one AF since mc, didn't try the first month). This month I have literally only just had a positive OPK on Saturday, CD22 of cycle, which is a bit later for me than usual. But I had ov twinges and loads of EWCM for nearly a week before I got the positive OPK - it felt like my ovaries had a huge build-up this month! So don't necessarily give up, it could still happen :thumbup:

Personally I don't know whether I ov'd the cycle immediately after the mc as I never used OPKs but I did have loads of EWCM (tinged brown which I think was old blood left from the mc) and lots of ovary pains. I did get AF 2 weeks after this too so may well have ov'd x

Some women do ovulate the cycle following miscarriage but the majority do not. Your hormones are usually all over the place as the strive to regulate themselves again. Following my mmc in november I had all the signs that I was ovulating but then no af, was not using opks at the time as my hcg was still high this went on for 8 weeks until my first af then things settled down. The other thing is are you using the same opks as they come in different sensitivities I cannot get a positive with some brands as they have a sensitivity of 40miu I think.

I use the same brand every day, ICs that I buy in bulk. And I always buy from the same place.

I just looked over the test instructions, it says they have 25 mIU/mL LH detection limit. I also noticed it says to only dip the strips in the urine for 3-5 seconds and not any longer...but I think I do tend to hold it in longer. I wonder if that has any impact?

My HCG levels dropped right down immediately after the 2nd D&C, so I don't think that should impact it at all.

Hi

I am in my first full cycle following mc (had one AF since mc, didn't try the first month). This month I have literally only just had a positive OPK on Saturday, CD22 of cycle, which is a bit later for me than usual. But I had ov twinges and loads of EWCM for nearly a week before I got the positive OPK - it felt like my ovaries had a huge build-up this month! So don't necessarily give up, it could still happen :thumbup:

Personally I don't know whether I ov'd the cycle immediately after the mc as I never used OPKs but I did have loads of EWCM (tinged brown which I think was old blood left from the mc) and lots of ovary pains. I did get AF 2 weeks after this too so may well have ov'd x

Thanks. It's technically been 6 weeks since my mmc was diagnosed, but because I had retained tissue requiring a second d&c I think things are even more messed up than usual.

Oddly though, I've had blood tests since and apparently my hormone levels are totally normal, even though I have PCOS, they are no longer in the PCOS range. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is a good sign, and I guess we will just keep on trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->