• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can opk's detect pregnancy or is it just the witch on her way

MillieMoo

Mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
Hi all.
Well today is cd43 and the :witch: still hasn't shown her face. I took my last pregnancy test about 4 days ago and it was negative (not fmu) so i just assumed that she was on her way.
Yesterday evening I peed ona opk and there was a line but it wasn't positive.
So this morning i woke up with an urge to pee on another and the only thing i had was an opk. So with FMU I used an opk.
The test line came up pink before the control line had even formed.
Is this a good sign or do your LH levels get higher when the witch arrives hence the positive test? (i do have PCOS so will this affect it?)

Please look and tell me what you think!

p.s. if the :witch: doesn't show her face today i will buy a hpt and do it tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• SNV30865.jpg
    SNV30865.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 79
hi opk shouldnt be used as pregnancy tests but yes they do show up as positives when your pregnant as i did one just to see after i'd done a pregnancy test. good luck and go buy a test !!!!!!!!

This link explains why it can be an indicator of pregnancy but at the same time not really. https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

I'm in exactly the same boat. I ran out of HPT and my AF is wickedly late so I used an OPK, It wasn't positive but it was very dark (almost a +) - so I feel your confusion hun!! Lots of luck xoxo

opks can pick it up but also your not meant to do opks with fmu.

good luck

Well i took another hpt test and its negative. My chart has now decided that i've not long ovulated so that would explain why AF hasn't shown up. I hate long cycles!
Good luck ney ney x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"