Can saliva kill sperm

I want to know the results lol I don't think it makes a big difference i think it's fine if you are Ovulating that day but if you BD a day or two before you "O" then i think the sperm might have died. I mean think of what Saliva does to your food when you eat. It breaks it down. Anyways post results!! :)

@care76 nooooo! not in a bad way but as in I cant imagine what you went thru way kwim? :hugs:

this is hubby's new habit as well. he said every since we watched a movie that is his thing now...i told him to quit it bc its making the process harder lol

Just come across this thread - very interesting!! My DH uses his saliva just before we are about to dtd.

I see alot of you girls have had BFPs since this thread started so I wondered / in the month you conceived did you hold off on the saliva?

Sorry if TMI!

I'm about to ovulate in the next couple of days but am going to have this on my mind now! :)

X

I've heard from multiple websites that saliva can kill sperm just like any other lubricant like KY or something. My hubby uses his saliva down there alot when he first puts it in and when we change positions even if i'm really wet down there. It's like a habbit for him or something lol. Anyone else have a hubby that does this? I feel it's probably why i'm not getting preggers. I'm not really on him about too much because we are only NTNP right now but at the end of the year when we are TTC full on i'll be on him about it. Am i just crazy for thinking that saliva is a big factor?:shrug:

WOW..my hubby uses saliva too...everytime...hummm i did not know that it can effect sperm...that will be the last of that...unbelievable...all the different things that can effect ttc...thanks for posting this...cause its new news to me...

Hi ladies,
Hope you don't mind me popping over from 3rd tri forum. I just want to share my story since it has to do with this.

For two cycles before I got my bfp, we used preseed, and no bfp. We took the month off from trying that i actually got my bfp to go on vacation. I wanted to drink on my trip without having to worrying if I was pregnant or not.

Everytime we BD'd the month I got pregnant, we did the following things:

1. He gave me oral sex immediately before
2. We used KY
3. He used the pull-out method

SO, not much sperm could have gotten inside me either time we did it. The little bit that did was obviously not killed by the saliva or the KY. I honestly think the reason that time was so successful though, is that I actually didn't stress out during that ovulation period about getting my bfp. Since we took the month off, I was able to be much less stressed-out and have my mind on just having a good time with my partner.

Sorry to intrude on the post... hope it doesn't offend Anyone. but I hope this might help or encourage someone to know that sometimes it might be better not to do everything by the book.

Big heaps of Babydust to you all!

I just to bump this thread cause I think its a good one...especially from the last lady that posted above me

I am so glad you posted this Q. Hubby and I use saliva everytime. Never again! Thanks for posting! Just ordered my pre-seed :thumbup::thumbup:

I agree with the relaxing idea and just having fun which ever way makes you happy :)

Don't think it would matter too much, but if it worries you and you need some lube, use Preeseed.
OH just did his SA and it said not to give a BJ before ejaculating, so I guess it has some effect on the sperm, but that is for a lab test where they stare at the little guys in a dish, not for TTCing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->