Can she face forward in my mei tai?

lindypops

Lin, Si and Eve
Reaction score
So I've got a mt, which I love, and Eve seems to like it too.

Up until very recently she's fallen asleep in it pretty much as soon as I put her in it, but this past few days she has stayed awake for ten or so minutes and seems to like looking around when I'm walking.

Can I turn her round so she can see more? I'm not 100% sure that the mt is designed for that and someone I know mentioned something about being the wrong curve on her back against me if I do it.

I also have a ring sling and baby bjorn but don't really like them so would prefer to use my mt if I can.

Eve is three months old, if that helps!

From what I understand (but please don't hold me to it) you shouldn't face a baby forwards in any kind of carrier due to their hip/pelvis alignment.

When your baby is facing you they should either be in a froggy position/legs in(newborns and younger/smaller babies) and in a seated position/legs oout (older babies). Basically not allowing their legs to just dangle and this includes facing inwards!

I can show you piccies if you want! Hope this helps. I don't think a lot of people realise that their babies are not in the correct position when being carried or why it is even relevant iykwim :D

xxx

This isn't the best pic but the best I could find to show you how babies should be 'sat' in a Mei Tai (this is obviously for larger babies)....

Deri 33+3 Connecta LE 05.10 WEB NM.jpg

Hope this helps a bit!

xx

Aw Deri looks like he has really long legs in that pic! :cloud9: I would love a Connecta, but have no money, lol. :(

I love tying my Mei Tai anyway, so it's ok!

As for facing forward, when she is a bit bigger you can do a back carry with her, so she will be able to see loads!

Aw Deri looks like he has really long legs in that pic! :cloud9: I would love a Connecta, but have no money, lol. :(

As for facing forward, when she is a bit bigger you can do a back carry with her, so she will be able to see loads!

He has - he's soooo tall!

Would you like to borrow my Connecta to try?

I put Deri in a back carry in the Connecta so easily - it's the only carrier I do it in...get so much done in the house! :thumbup:

xxx

He has - he's soooo tall!

Would you like to borrow my Connecta to try?

I put Deri in a back carry in the Connecta so easily - it's the only carrier I do it in...get so much done in the house! :thumbup:

:happydance:

xxx

Thanks! :happydance:

i treid putting leyla in a front facing carry in my mei tai the other day and i couldnt even do it so i would say no lol, it seemed totally unnatural trying to get her to sit like that so i figured if it felt wrong it probably was lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->