Can someone explain - feet to foot?

AlwaysPraying

Mom of two!
Reaction score
I don't know what that really means or why it's supposed to help. I think it means to put your baby to bed with his feet touching the bars of the crib but I'm not sure. I also heard if you use sleep sacks that it doesn't matter how they go in the crib.

Yeah it does mean right at the bottom of the crib so they can't wiggle down under blankets :) not necessary in a sleep sack but I still do lol x

Yeah thats it, it's part of the sids guidelines (sudden infant death syndrome) it's thought if you have the baby at the foot of the bed it can't wriggle under blankets and get over heated

My LO slept in a gro bag till she was 8 months old and I didn't always do the feet to foot thing as theres nothing to wriggle down under but then she would get frustrated as she started to learn to roll etc, so now she sleeps with a sheet and a blanket but still not at feet to foot as she wriggles herself to the top of the cot anyway and I end up covering her back up.

But she's 9 months now and old enough to pull covers off, if she was still tiny baby i would use feet to foot

feet to foot-place babies feet at the end of the cot so they cant wriggle under the blankets. Alfie uses a grobag so we dont do the feet to foot, if you have the right size grobag they shouldnt be able to wriggle down under the fabric.

<3

I use a sleep bag with Isobelle and place her in the middle of the cot.

xx

I use a sleeping bag and place LO in middle of the cot.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->