Can someone help me decipher what is going on with my body?!

Cara x

Reaction score
Hi from a returning member! I used the forum when I was expecting my son in 2009 :)

So my husband and I have just started ttc #2. I've been on cerazette since ds was born (3.5 years). Before cerazette I hadn't used hormonal contraception before and always had 28 day cycles. I still had (heavy) periods on cerazette, although my cycles ranged from 21-28 days.

I stopped cerazette a week ago, although in the two weeks before that I'd missed 3 or 4 pills (one at a time). My last period (before stopping cerazette) was very light and short which is really unusual for me, and was only a 21 day cycle. I didn't think there was much chance of being pregnant, but I had missed one pill the month before, so I tested anyway and it was negative.

This month I've been having very similar symptoms to what I had in early pregnancy with ds: feeling dizzy and a bit nauseous, light cramping, swollen boobs, extremely tired, and aches and pains. Again I figured it's probably not possible but dh was convinced I was pregnant. I'm now on cd31 and still no period. On cd28 I went to the toilet and when I stood up there was a big clot of blood in it. I thought that was af starting so I put a tampon in but when I took it out about 6 hours later there wasn't a spot of blood on it. There was no other bleeding until today, some spotting when I wiped but that's all.

I did a test on cd28 and it was negative, although admittedly I didn't use fmu, waited until that night sice af still hadn't showed up. I've also done ovulation tests every second day since we began trying but the test line hasn't been visible at all in any of them.

I thought I would get my period at the usual time since I usually have full periods on cerazette, but I don't know if this is maybe withdrawal symptoms from it? Dh is still convinced I'm pregnant, and he thinks I'm starting to look pregnant (Charming eh? I'm a uk size 8!). We only have one or two cycles of trying, depending on when af comes, and then we need to go back to contraception due to work reasons, so I don't know if we're just wishful thinking?

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? x x

Hi cara, I stopped cerazette 11 weeks ago and my body has been all over the place. Here's a few of my symptoms:

Had withdrawal bleed for 2 days, 3 days after last pill
Had a week of INTENSE emotional problems about 2 weeks later, (contemplated taking cerazette again it was that bad!)
Crampy pulling feeling in my lower stomach
Backache
Bloating
Tender breasts

And the most recent, very sore nipples!

All of the above have made me take a few tests which have been completely negative so ur not alone in the pregnancy symptoms! That and I haven't had af yet!!

It can take a while for af to come back so it's good that u have had some bleeding. It's very frustrating I know but what can we do?! Just got to wait.....

Good luck xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->