Can someone please explain OPK'S to me please !!

Tripltemum3

Reaction score
I just dont get it !

This is my first month off of the pill ( after being on in for 6 years )
I completed the pack and had a bleed during the 7 day period . I was told to count the first day of bleeding as CD1 which I did , on CD9 I had lots of gloopy EWCM but more jelly like and slightly blood streaked - thought that might have been the start of my ovulation and did an opk , it came up with both lines but no as dark as each other but I wouldn't say massively off.
The day after I did another OPK and it was blank , no second line at all. but on cd11 I had the same gloopy cm again . did another OPK ( All at the same time ) and they hve just been single lines every since ??? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Am I doing something wrong or just not ovulating ???

TIA XX

It’s best to do 2 a day one SMU and one around late afternoon early evening with a few hour hold that way you can’t miss your surge! ..or so I believe tbh I only tried OPK for the first time this cycle and sucked at it I was getting misleading results like yourself and I’ve also have blood streaked cm like yourself I believe I’ve ovd due to cramps etc :) fx for you though

It’s so confusing isn’t it �� . Had some lower tummy cramps last night and lower back pain today - went to the loo and had some brown spotting when I wiped ! Hoping ‘tis might be the start of my first af coming so I can know where I am at least �� x

It's only positive if the test line is as dark as the control line. It is possible to miss the peak of your surge with daily testing so if I have a line that is fairly dark but not positive I test more than once that day. Usually there will be one test that is super dark and you have no doubt is positive although a few women never do seem to get super dark lines so a questionable test might be positive for them.

An OPK can't actually confirm that you have ovulated. It just says that your body is gearing up for it. Sometimes your body gears up but fails to ovulate or changes its mind then it will often wait a few days and try again which can give confusing results. It could be that your hormones are still trying to work themselves out after having been on the pill for so long. It is very common to have 3 or 4 irregular cycles after coming off the pill before your body sorts itself out.

They say to stop testing after you get a positive but when I had irregular cycles I preferred to keep testing until my period so I could get a bigger picture of what was happening.

A faint second line is common and doesn't mean anything. A more obvious line can mean that you are building up to a positive but can apear randomly sometimes too. Lots of ladies get some warning they are building up to a positive but some have a stark white test one day and positive the next so it varies a lot.

I came off my pill beginning of this year after being on for 6 years. For me, the first month was a write off...I had so many symptoms that made me believe I was preggo, but really, they were all symptoms of coming off the pill!! ...it can take anywhere up to 6 months for your body to completely shake off the pill, so hang in there! (To give you hope, I am now preggo, and was only off the pill for 2 months!)

OPKs are only positive if the test line is darker than the control. I tried them the first month, but found that they just made me overly obsessive about where I was in my cycle. The 2nd month, which was successful, was more relaxed, and we just DTD every couple of days until I took a positive preggo test!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->