Can someone pretty please help me!!!

chlojones

Scarlett-Rose 04.06.2011
Reaction score
okay so tomorrow i have my ante natal i will be 40+1 i was just wondering,
will they give me a sweep tomorrow or will they keep me waiting? nothing has been mentioned, dont have a clue what to expect xxx:shrug:

It varies from place to place but you can ask for a sweep if the baby is in the right position. Good luck for tomorrow! x

at my 38 week appointment my mw said she would do a sweep at 40 weeks appointment if there was no sign of baby by then and then if that didnt work i would be booked in for induction 12 days later apparently my hosp only let you go 12 days over now not 14 so i will deffo have a baby by the 20th although i really o not want to be induced at all :-/ im starting to get worried

Hiya, I was offered a sweep at 40 weeks, but chose to have it a couple of days later at 40+2, it was unsuccessful. But I also had one at 41 weeks and it was still unsuccessful :-(

My cousin is a midwife and says it's best to wait a week, but I've heard it's successful for some people.

Maybe just ask your midwife and if you ask for one I'm sure she will,

Good luck x

well shes 2/5ths engaged and cephallic is that the right position? and last time i was a fingertip dialated xxx

i didnt get a sweep till i was 41 weeks, but u are over 40 so u never no. u can always ask if u want one

thanks everyone, i have all the signs but waters havent broke and contractions never get stronger so im gonna go on a really long walk if they give me a sweep, is that a good idea? haha xxx

a long walk is a good idea! altho make sure ive got ur notes on u and ur able to get somewhere to sit down just incase things start.

u cud also try sitting/bouncing on a birthing ball if u have one

i dont have one but thanks i will go on a walk xxx

u could also try nipple stimulation, with ur fingers or a breast pump, this is supposed to help ur contractions. also if u sit with a cusion under ur bum so ur hips are higher then ur knees this is supposed to help baby get futher engaged

good advice moomin troll!!! xxx

im determined to go naturaly this time so ive been reading up on useful tips hahaha

also if ur getting the slightest contraction u cud try lavander oil in ur bath(not sure how much) as this is supposed to help build contractions too.

good luck! hope baby doesnt keep u waiting too much longer

thanks moomin troll and i do get contractions they just dont intensify! :( i have no lavender oil :( but thanks anyway, and good luck to you too.

Haha leahandbump surprised your waters havent gone haha, at least its cheaper than blackpool pleasure beach haha xxx

thanks moomin troll and i do get contractions they just dont intensify! :( i have no lavender oil :( but thanks anyway, and good luck to you too.

Haha leahandbump surprised your waters havent gone haha, at least its cheaper than blackpool pleasure beach haha xxx

ive been on it all bloody day nearly lol n nothings happened :-/ :nope:

well when i go into labour i will send you some labour dust :D xxx

I think it depends on whether it's your first baby or not. Apparently it is now routine to offer first time mums a sweep at 40 weeks (as first babies are so often late), but if it is a subsequent baby sweeps aren't usually offered until 41 weeks. I think that's the official guidance but I can't see that there'd be any problem with having a sweep if you wanted one (and if cervix is favourable) at 40 weeks, even if this isn't a first baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->