Can the contraceptive pill stop working/side effects?

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
Is it possible after many years for the contraceptive pill to stop working.... Not as in birth control wise but in other ways. I originally went on the Yasmin pill 6 years ago for my bad skin. Up until about 2 months ago it had been great, now my skin is a mess again. Spots everywhere out of nowhere and I haven't changed anything for that to happen.

Also it used to stop my monthly pains, which used to be horrifically painful. Now I feel the pain creeping back with each period. The worst part is my moods. I am angry 24/7 or upset, I'm up and down all the time and I'm taking it out on my OH. Also, since going back on it after having my daughter, I have zero sex drive. Although this partly has to do with my insecurities but I think the pill plays a major part.

Has anyone else had the pill muck them up? If I change to a different pill will I still have the same problems? I've tried the injection before and that was awful, just can't seem to find anything that leaves my hormones at a normal level! Xxx

I found after having my son I had to change pills, what I was on before didn't agree with me anymore x

I think our bodies can do some crazy stuff sometimes- just cause, or due to hormones etc... might not hurt to try another pill (just in case). I was off the pill for years before getting prego-- then after LO was born, just in case I went back on.... I was on loestrin 24 and LOVED it- then, of course, it was discontinued- and was put on a "similar" pill and that first month was awful! I had a horrible period and mood swings and bloat and cramps... um no! So, I went back to my doc and said I need something else- so she presribed another pill with the same hormone level as the loestrin- just a 21 day pack, not 24. And it's been great- no more crazy mood swings (just crave chocolate as usual haha) and no periods or cramps. So I'm happy. I was on the pill for years prior to having my LO with no issues- so yea, it can happen.

Thanks so much for your answers, gives me hope I might feel Normal again after changing pill! I have an appointment booked for Monday, so I will be discussing it all then. However I am considering not being on the pill at all and just using condoms. Although that worries me a bit as they aren't 100% effective. I don't know if I can take my hormones being mucked around anymore!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->