Can too MUCH urine make a result fainter?

heart4home

Mum and expecting again.
Reaction score
I didn't read the instructions, because I've been doing this forever, and I swear it use to say dip it for 15 seconds. But then I read where somebody said that you should only hold it in the urine stream or dip in cup for 5 seconds, so I checked the box and sure enough.

I've either 11 or 12 dpo tonight. I got my first glimpse of a real positive on Monday morning, but it was very light. Monday evening, I managed to get a positive on a digital, but still very faint lines on FRER.

This morning I got a "not pregnant" on a digital and barely visible lines on an EPT and a FRER.

Well for all of these I've been doing about 15 seconds. The urine moves across super fast.

This evening I decided to test using the 5 second rule and my tests are all back to being positive even the digital. All still faint.

I can't seem to figure out how to attach a photo in this forum for some reason...lol

So does peeing too much on a test cause it to move to quicky across and therefore make it more likely to be negative? Wishful thinking?

I think when you pee on it too much, you might dilute some of the dye, quite honestly. I did this with 2 OPKs this cycle as well as 1 HPT. Basically, I had to pee really bad, and I guess I over peed on them. You could see the wetness moving across the box... but then all I got were weird smudgy lines etc, and even the control line wasn't even really there. When the tests dried out completely a day later, the control line became visible and normal, and my test result line was there as well. So I think if you over pee on these tests, you might dilute the dyes and kind of ruin the reaction strips as well.

Also, if your pee isn't concentrated in early pregnancy, it can lead to some positives and then negatives, as you still won't have much hormone in your pee anyways. This is why it is helpful to always use concentrated FMU when you are early on.

This is why it is helpful to always use concentrated FMU when you are early on.

Thanks, but btw I did use FMU this morning and that's when I got the "not pregnant" on the digital...lol.

The tests this afternoon were after holding my pee for about 2 hours and yet I got the "pregnant" again and darker(still faint but darker than this morning) FRER.

Some people just metabolize HCG better later in the day. You definately wouldn't be the first person who has this happen to them. About 90% of the people get better results in the morning, but there is always that 10%...

I dip until the wee has crossed the control part of the test (some take longer than others!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->